Oilers have signed three of their RFA's

Sherman

When do you think the Sabre sign their first? This is the time to get it done! We need to move forward on July 1st with Pominville, Miller and any Free Agents you want. If the RFA's are not taken care of it will prolong Miller and Pominville. Miller has stated that he wants to see the commitment to winning. Not signing the RFA's during this time when other teams are being active will not send that message.

I agree that they need to get it done before July 1. However, as much as it saddens me because it reminds me of how long of an off-season we have, July 1 is still a long ways away. They definitely shouldn't procrastinate, but I won't get worried until the end of May. It would give us a little bit of excitement (or at least something to talk about) in the mean time, though, if they could sign them.

For what it's worth, Bernier has a blog on sabres.nhl.com talking about finally moving all of his stuff up here and the workout plan that he is going to be doing this summer for the Sabres. He sounds like he is planning on staying.

I agree that they need to get it done before July 1. However, as much as it saddens me because it reminds me of how long of an off-season we have, July 1 is still a long ways away. They definitely shouldn't procrastinate, but I won't get worried until the end of May. It would give us a little bit of excitement (or at least something to talk about) in the mean time, though, if they could sign them.

For what it's worth, Bernier has a blog on sabres.nhl.com talking about finally moving all of his stuff up here and the workout plan that he is going to be doing this summer for the Sabres. He sounds like he is planning on staying.

Probably because if he does receive an offer, it would be easy to match. I doubt he will be in high demand.

Holy #%^$#!! Have you guys heard the Sabres have RFA's? Other teams have already begun signing theirs. This must mean that the Sabres are trying to be cheap and these players will leave when they get huge offer sheets form other teams.

Holy #%^$#!! Have you guys heard the Sabres have RFA's? Other teams have already begun signing theirs. This must mean that the Sabres are trying to be cheap and these players will leave when they get huge offer sheets form other teams.

Ink, get outside and enjoy the day. Man, seriously, your negativity is so damned draining. We get it already. You don't like the Sabres front office or their play on the ice, but come on. Even you have to be tiring of all the negative crap you spew.

Ink, get outside and enjoy the day. Man, seriously, your negativity is so damned draining. We get it already. You don't like the Sabres front office or their play on the ice, but come on. Even you have to be tiring of all the negative crap you spew.

I was joking. Are you? I guess I need better use of my smilies. :) I was trying to exemplify the alarmists we have around here but I guess my funnin was not very obvious. I'll try harder.

I was joking. Are you? I guess I need better use of my smilies. :) I was trying to exemplify the alarmists we have around here but I guess my funnin was not very obvious. I'll try harder.

If it makes you feel better, I got it even without the smilies. The phrase "this must mean that ..." was a big clue as I could totally see someone saying it with sarcasm in his voice and rolling his eyes. You should have added a :rolleyes: to make it clearer to the slower among us.

They may not have done much on the FA front yet but at least they have been signing up our top young college prospects so far. Hoping Gerbe goes pro this year and I'm not sure if they signed that other kid that they seemed pretty high on last camp, TJ Brennan. Hope they get him to. But, looks like they are trying to find guys for the new farm team next year. At least it's better than nothing at all in my book.

Edit: Hoping they can sign Enroth too. But, does that show a commitment to winning or does that look like a lack of confidence in Miller. Or, perhaps, it would look like a move to develop someone capable of spelling him later down the line while he's growing and someone to provide a push. Who knows.

Maybe this willl make you feel better..What difference does it make if they do sign them..They wont go get anyone to lead them and we will have the same inconsistent team next yr we had this yr..A rudderless ship.. :unsure:

Maybe this willl make you feel better..What difference does it make if they do sign them..They wont go get anyone to lead them and we will have the same inconsistent team next yr we had this yr..A rudderless ship.. :unsure:

Perhaps but contrary to what has been stated previously in this thread, I will try to give Darcy and Co. the benefit of doubt as they claim they have recognized the flaws their team and need to address it. Whether or not they fix it the same way one of us would is still up in the air.

They may not have done much on the FA front yet but at least they have been signing up our top young college prospects so far. Hoping Gerbe goes pro this year and I'm not sure if they signed that other kid that they seemed pretty high on last camp, TJ Brennan. Hope they get him to. But, looks like they are trying to find guys for the new farm team next year. At least it's better than nothing at all in my book.

Edit: Hoping they can sign Enroth too. But, does that show a commitment to winning or does that look like a lack of confidence in Miller. Or, perhaps, it would look like a move to develop someone capable of spelling him later down the line while he's growing and someone to provide a push. Who knows.

Not a knock on you Frisky, but we certainly seem skitsy...let's think positively...Just like Marv Levy's philosphy...the more quality guys the Sabres can assemble the better. If you play well enough, you'll have nothing to worry about.

If you were being sarcastic, then my bad.

I'm just fed up with all the negativity. Either we're in or we're out. Moaning about management won't do diddly. Not buying tickets to the games is the only thing that will make them listen to you. Not this board or any other.

I am very happy we are getting our young draft picks signed for the AHL team to be named later but I want to see progress with the Sabres. These shouldn't be contracts that should take to long to negotiate because they are RFA's so I guess I just don't get why they wouldn't be all over it to send a message to the team and the league.

Perhaps but contrary to what has been stated previously in this thread, I will try to give Darcy and Co. the benefit of doubt as they claim they have recognized the flaws their team and need to address it. Whether or not they fix it the same way one of us would is still up in the air.

I'm with you. Obviously, I have been as critical as anybody but the season is over and nothing really starts mattering again till draft weekend. They deserve the benefit of the doubt.

If only they could keep TG off television, I might be able to keep that promise.

I guess the Oilers are worried the Sabres are going to try to sign one of their RFAs.
I doubt that they would worry about Buffalo's vengeance, Brian Burke and Anaheim might be another story.

...but...but...Larry said we WOULD sign their RFA's. ;)

Archived