What to do with all the extra time this Spring

SwampD

I plan on spending more time with my family. And the time that I do spend with them will be of a higher quality because I won't be thinking about the next playoff game, and if we lose then we will be down two to one and if we only would have scored that power-play goal, and the refs really screwed us on that call, and we just gotta pull it out this year..aaahhh! Okay, where was I? Oh yeah, I'm probably going to get home from work, make a Manhattan, and sit out on my new deck and relax. If I feel like it, maybe watch some playoff games, maybe not. Definitely going to get out fishing more this spring. I'm really looking forward to this now. They better not blow it for me and do something stupid like string six wins in a row.

ROCKEM' SABRES!

I plan on spending more time with my family. And the time that I do spend with them will be of a higher quality because I won't be thinking about the next playoff game, and if we lose then we will be down two to one and if we only would have scored that power-play goal, and the refs really screwed us on that call, and we just gotta pull it out this year..aaahhh! Okay, where was I? Oh yeah, I'm probably going to get home from work, make a Manhattan, and sit out on my new deck and relax. If I feel like it, maybe watch some playoff games, maybe not. Definitely going to get out fishing more this spring. I'm really looking forward to this now. They better not blow it for me and do something stupid like string six wins in a row.

ROCKEM' SABRES!

I mentioned it in yesterday's GDT, but if (when?) they fail to qualify for the playoffs I won't have to worry about viewing conflicts with the Indians' Sunday home games. Last year I missed large portions of a couple Sabres' playoff games on NBC when the local NBC station carried the Tribe's Sunday afternoon home games. Guess that won't be a problem this year...

I mentioned it in yesterday's GDT, but if (when?) they fail to qualify for the playoffs I won't have to worry about viewing conflicts with the Indians' Sunday home games. Last year I missed large portions of a couple Sabres' playoff games on NBC when the local NBC station carried the Tribe's Sunday afternoon home games. Guess that won't be a problem this year...

I forgot about that. I kept having conflicts with my spring hockey league. Don't the Sabres know when my games are? sheesh.

They better not blow it for me and do something stupid like string six wins in a row.

I hope that this is your version of reverse psychology.

Fact: there are only two teams in the East that we can't catch, Montreal and Pittsburgh. Practically speaking, it is highly unlikely that we will even make it in, but until we are numerically eliminated (which can't happen for at least two more games), I will not answer your question.

Fact: there are only two teams in the East that we can't catch, Montreal and Pittsburgh. Practically speaking, it is highly unlikely that we will even make it in, but until we are numerically eliminated (which can't happen for at least two more games), I will not answer your question.

Well played, Sir.

Amen brother!

http://forums.sabrespace.com/index.php?showtopic=11785

My wife will be giving birth to my first baby on Monday, a baby boy...I plan to spend a lot of quality time with them. Been waiting a long time for this, if any of you remember, we miscarried during the playoffs last year, and got lucky to get pregnant again right away.

My wife will be giving birth to my first baby on Monday, a baby boy...

:)

if any of you remember, we miscarried during the playoffs last year

:(

and got lucky to get pregnant again right away.

:)

Congrats!

Even if the Sabres make it, I'm sure you'll be spending most of the time with them anyway. Don't forget that you're only about 18 months away from being to put him in skates!

My wife will be giving birth to my first baby on Monday, a baby boy...I plan to spend a lot of quality time with them. Been waiting a long time for this, if any of you remember, we miscarried during the playoffs last year, and got lucky to get pregnant again right away.

At least someone can score around here! Congratulations, I do remember your story. All the best!

Pebble - I don't know how I missed this post this afternoon, but congrats. My little guy (in the avatar) is just over a year old now and the last year has been a blast. Enjoy it, and congrats once again!

Get use to this too. My advice is to teach them early to hate the Patriots!

Hey, don't forget about the game you got to watch, compliments of...ME!

Not sure what I plan to do yet. Perhaps get my boat ready a little sooner and actually wax it this year. After I rub out the gelcoat, that is.

Hey, don't forget about the game you got to watch, compliments of...ME!

Not sure what I plan to do yet. Perhaps get my boat ready a little sooner and actually wax it this year. After I rub out the gelcoat, that is.

I remember you offering it, but don't recall taking you up on the offer -I think we ended up traveling home to Niagara Falls for at least one of the playoff weekends. I do know there were at least two games where a bunch of us emailed WKYC to complain about the Stanley Cup playoffs being preempted for a couple early-season Tribe games...either way, it's nice to have SabreSpace people looking out for each other. B-)

If the Sabres miss.....

Im looking forward to spending time with my dad, out of the blue this week-end he said to me "lets play some golf this summer" This is totally out of the blue, seeing how i graduated last spring, and went right into a full time job at the Arena. I still live with The Rents but hardly see 'em at all during the fall thru spring. Being able to play some rounds with my dad would be fun. Especially since we're both beginners. Bob-O-Links here we come!

Oh my this is somewhat of a sad thread. :(

Well, I guess I'll pay more attention at work this spring. I remember the last two springs barely doing my job while the games were on.

Pebble...May God bless you and your little one, and may he hold the lost one in the palm of his hand.

Children are the best gift, I guess we all know that. Lest we be too hard on the boys, remember they are someones kids too.

I remember you offering it, but don't recall taking you up on the offer -I think we ended up traveling home to Niagara Falls for at least one of the playoff weekends. I do know there were at least two games where a bunch of us emailed WKYC to complain about the Stanley Cup playoffs being preempted for a couple early-season Tribe games...either way, it's nice to have SabreSpace people looking out for each other. B-)

So so wrong, Wolfie. You told me that you and a couple friends had a great time sitting around your computer watching it. You even called me at home for some help setting it up. :(

So so wrong, Wolfie. You told me that you and a couple friends had a great time sitting around your computer watching it. You even called me at home for some help setting it up. :(

You hitting the sauce early, DC? ;) I don't have any friends here in Cleveland...:(

Seriously, though - I think you might be confusing me with someone else. It's cool, happens all the time (even my wife does it ;)) but sadly, it wasn't me. I haven't watched any games on my computer at all...

Archived