Thomas Vanek - 2 Natural Hat Tricks against

Swedesessed

I was wondering last night....I wonder if any NHL player has ever had 2 Natural Hat Tricks against the same team twice in the same NHL season...has anyone heard anything about this???? I am not even sure if it is something that can be researched...

I was wondering last night....I wonder if any NHL player has ever had 2 Natural Hat Tricks against the same team twice in the same NHL season...has anyone heard anything about this???? I am not even sure if it is something that can be researched...

Especially unlikely if you also require that both include the game-tying and go-ahead goals, as his did.

Not to be a wet blanket but just to clear something up:

I always thought a natural hat trick was three consecutive goals by the same player, in the same period. I seem to remember his first hat trick was two 3rd period goals and one in OT.

Not to be a wet blanket but just to clear something up:

I always thought a natural hat trick was three consecutive goals by the same player, in the same period. I seem to remember his first hat trick was two 3rd period goals and one in OT.

I think general consensus is that it is just three goals in a row regardless of period changes. Though i don't think there is an actual official definition of it anywhere. Id call 3 in a row regardless of periods as a natural and doing it in one period is just that much more impressive... or we can call the 1 period a Super Natural...or who really cares?

I think general consensus is that it is just three goals in a row regardless of period changes. Though i don't think there is an actual official definition of it anywhere. Id call 3 in a row regardless of periods as a natural and doing it in one period is just that much more impressive... or we can call the 1 period a Super Natural...or who really cares?

I call it pure HELL.

:unsure: what no quips of wisdom ?

No, it''s the wrist action not the motion of the stick ? :)

I seem to be leaking indefinite articles....not sure why I started that sentence with an A. :)

Anyway, Thomas may have the Sabres record for the most home hat-less hat tricks.

They should stop the game when the scorers make a change so people can pitch their hats out.

New Era is a hometown business, so the new hat sales is money that stays in the area.

I seem to be leaking indefinite articles....not sure why I started that sentence with an A. :)

Anyway, Thomas may have the Sabres record for the most home hat-less hat tricks.

They should stop the game when the scorers make a change so people can pitch their hats out.

New Era is a hometown business, so the new hat sales is money that stays in the area.

:D I thought it was like an answer key --- A.)

B.) Good catch on the hat thing seeing I'm not seeing most of these I'm listening I would not necessarily get that unless the stoppage in play..... Had to be becuas ethey did not award it till well after the fact... couldn't have anything to do with fact he could affors to buy everyone there two hats ;)

A the natural part of a hat trick is as over-rated as hitting for the cycle in baseball.

I partially disagree.

Sure, if a guy gets a natural hat trick spread out over three periods, that's not much different from a regular hat trick except it means his teammates/opponents probably sucked. But when I guy gets three goals over 8 minutes, he single handedly changed the tone of the game. Vanek has done that twice now.

A the natural part of a hat trick is as over-rated as hitting for the cycle in baseball.

They need a nickname for when all 3 goals are assisted by the same players in the same order like they were last night. We might as well add the list of crazy accomplishments that really don't mean all that much.

They need a nickname for when all 3 goals are assisted by the same players in the same order like they were last night. We might as well add the list of crazy accomplishments that really don't mean all that much.

Yeah, something they can all get as a group like the "Three Amigos" award.

(It's pretty clear that Roy has to be Ned Nederlander ... and, yes, he really is that fast.)

Ask and ye shall receive:

LINK

? Thomas Vanek became the first player to record two natural hat tricks against the same team in a season since Washington?s Peter Bondra did it against the New York Islanders in 1995-96.

LINK

? Thomas Vanek became the first player to record two natural hat tricks against the same team in a season since Washington?s Peter Bondra did it against the New York Islanders in 1995-96.

From that same link, to give everyone an idea how rare what happened in the 3rd period is...

? It was only the fifth time in NHL history a team has a won by at least three goals after trailing by three in the third period. The last was Chicago in a 7-4 win over Winnipeg on Feb. 1, 1989.

? The last team to score six unanswered goals in the third period was Colorado against Florida on March 3, 1999.

LINK

Great find!! Thanks Bmwolf21!!

Archived