Flu

bob_sauve28

I think a few guys are sick. Drury and Vanek were non factors. No wonder Vanek had "upper body injury" yesterday.

Vanek could have got the Sabres back in the game late. After Ryan's goal, Buffalo got their first good bounce of the game that Vanek could have had a breakaway on but he skated lazily behind it and let it slide to the goaltender.

And then put Conklin in? Doubt it. I don't see the point if pulling the starting goalie if you're already giving up on the game.

I see it as DCSabres sees it... Goalies are psycho, pulling Miller gets him fired up for tommorrow... Leaving him in for the whole game, risking a fifth goal AGAINST Miller and having him finish the game in a blazay [sP] fashion really makes him "spent" for tommorrow's game, IMO.

Grant you, these last two games would have been great and they could have capitalized on the number 1 spot in the league... A treat that just didn't work out.

I want to finish on top... But, it also might work out if say the Sabres sorta tank like the 2005 White Sox did before the baseball playoffs... If that happens, I will get the Willy's... But, it MIGHT be good for the overall health of this team in the playoffs.

We need to win tommorrow... If not, buckle up for a queasy ride guys! Who is ready... Because going through the playoffs unbeaten is just NOT gonna happen!

Sowing our oats dudes! In the least it is really preparing me for the emotional wreck I will be in when the playoffs start!

:D

I see it as DCSabres sees it... Goalies are psycho, pulling Miller gets him fired up for tommorrow... Leaving him in for the whole game, risking a fifth goal AGAINST Miller and having him finish the game in a blazay [sP] fashion really makes him "spent" for tommorrow's game, IMO.

Grant you, these last two games would have been great and they could have capitalized on the number 1 spot in the league... A treat that just didn't work out.

I want to finish on top... But, it also might work out if say the Sabres sorta tank like the 2005 White Sox did before the baseball playoffs... If that happens, I will get the Willy's... But, it MIGHT be good for the overall health of this team in the playoffs.

We need to win tommorrow... If not, buckle up for a queasy ride guys! Who is ready... Because going through the playoffs unbeaten is just NOT gonna happen!

Sowing our oats dudes! In the least it is really preparing me for the emotional wreck I will be in when the playoffs start!

:D

I'm pretty sure Conklin is playing tomorrow... because he was expected to play tonight. (And by play I mean start, not sub in.)

Why?

Why wouldn't you play your #1 against the only team that can catch you in the conference?

Because Ruff said that Conklin would get a start this weekend, and then chooses to go with Miller against Minnesota. And not to take away from Miller, but he hasn't played his best lately... I'd put Conklin in to give Miller a break, and hope that Conklin steps up like all the other new guys have (spare Zubrus) and try to prove he belongs.

That's a pretty tall order for Conklin, a guy the Sabres are taking a chance on rehabbing his career so he can be a suitable backup for Miller:

"hey, new guy - no pressure, but we want you to start against NJ for the conference lead on Saturday. We think you'll play well, but remember - if you play bad you're not just letting yourself down, you're letting down this whole dressing room of guys who have fought all season long to stay in first."

I think they should dance with the one who brought them, and start Ryan vs. Devils.

But then again, what do I know...

I agree with the guys who say start Miller tomorrow.

Have Conklin start against the Pens on Tues. Still a good team, shows confidence in Conklin, without the added pressure of NJ.

I'd also have Conks start on Fri vs the Lightning. Give Miller some rest before the playoffs.

That's a pretty tall order for Conklin, a guy the Sabres are taking a chance on rehabbing his career so he can be a suitable backup for Miller:

"hey, new guy - no pressure, but we want you to start against NJ for the conference lead on Saturday. We think you'll play well, but remember - if you play bad you're not just letting yourself down, you're letting down this whole dressing room of guys who have fought all season long to stay in first."

I think they should dance with the one who brought them, and start Ryan vs. Devils.

But then again, what do I know...

They're not playing for the conference lead yet...If the Devils win they are still 1 point back and the Sabres have a game at hand.

Archived