Zubrus:

Orange Seats

Zubrus didn't score tonight, but I did notice that the Sabres were winning way more faceoffs than they have in recent history, and Z was behind many of them. I know faceoffs aren't as sexy as goals, but Z's contribution in faceoffs will be huge during the playoffs.

he also had an assist and had a good +/- (+2 i think)

well done zubby, way to put in a good opener. theres more to hockey than scoring goals...

Zubie was +2 and had 1 SOG, but no goals or assists. And the Sabres won 36 faceoffs while losing 30, without Drury, whereas they lost the faceoff battle BADLY without Drury the past 2 games. Don't know if that's because Toronto and OtterWAH are superior faceoff teams compared to Montreal though.

Zubris still looked a bit uncomfortable, but what can you expect from a guy who is coming into an extremely close-knit team. As someone mentioned early, he really dominated on the face offs...12 for 19 is excellent. My guess is by playoff time we'll see him emerge more as a force. He was use to playing on the top line with Washingon, while today he played with Mair and Ryan...who by the way played great. Mair was outstanding.

Zubris still looked a bit uncomfortable, but what can you expect from a guy who is coming into an extremely close-knit team. As someone mentioned early, he really dominated on the face offs...12 for 19 is excellent. My guess is by playoff time we'll see him emerge more as a force. He was use to playing on the top line with Washingon, while today he played with Mair and Ryan...who by the way played great. Mair was outstanding.

my thoughts exactly.

at the end of the first, he was racing for a puck in the habs zone, pretty sure he got a shot off....but i was REALLY impressed with his speed. made me feel much better about him fitting in, and fitting in quickly.

I thought we got hurt last year in playoffs against Carolina on draws. Glad Darcy went out and got another guy who is good at them

Oh yeah, Brind'amour was killing us on draws even when they were against Drury, he was winning quite a few. It's good they got another faceoff guy, and Zubby did really well last night on draws. He's going to make a solid contribution to this team. He looked uncomfortable in the system, but I think he'll get the hang of it with a few more games.

i loved what he got quoted as saying after the game lol.

something to the effect I was told they play a fast game but I didn't think it could be played this fast.

priceless lol

It's a great quote. It's also a great reminder of what we've been privileged to see this season. We think every team is playing faster "new NHL" hockey because they step up and play a faster game against Buffalo, but in reality, a lot of other teams are playing a slower game against other opponents. We really have seen some excellent hockey--not just out of the Sabres but their opponents as well--this year. Some truly great games.

From Zubrus' interview last night...

Remember he played with OV. What you would conclude is a high energy line always on the go..

"They're fast," Zubrus said of his new teammates. "They go. When they go, they go, and I mean everybody, starting from the forwards all the way to the "D.' I'm not used to seeing the "D' in front of me in the attack. But it's fun."

Gotta love it...

This is a funny read (includes quote that drnkirishone mentioned):

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=28998...ge&service=page

It's eye-opening when you learn what "fast" really is! I think he'll fit in fine now that he knows what their game is like.

LOL, and they pic of Ryan makes him look like he is 17 years old!

Also, I didn't know we were 9-0-1 in our last ten home games. Wow!

Archived