Zubrus with Max & Vanek? Like it, like it alot!

Chief Enabler

Definetely have noticed the hits over the last week, that have been missing this season. Zubrus is perfect for the Sabres, the new Andreychuk (Zubrus can probably skate better). Cant wait to see how the lines play out this weekend. Alitle Russian line with Max & Vanek? LOve the muscles in the lineup for the remainder of this season, need it bad. Roy had his best game of the season last night, Lydman was great too. See ya this weekend!!!!!

I am 99% convinced that Connolly will not play in a hockey game this year. I think a lot of what is happening is being done for his best interest and to keep his hopes high. If he does return, I think it highly unreasonable to think he will be the Timmy of last years' playoffs. The guy hasn't played in a game in over 9 months.

I am 99% convinced that Connolly will not play in a hockey game this year. I think a lot of what is happening is being done for his best interest and to keep his hopes high. If he does return, I think it highly unreasonable to think he will be the Timmy of last years' playoffs. The guy hasn't played in a game in over 9 months.

I would have put it at 50/50 until yesterday. According to Darcy, they moved Biron so that Timmy could be activated. It very much sounded like he will be back before Paille, and since he cannot be sent down and has a higher salary than Gaustad, they were going to be over the cap by about 10k.

If Tim doesn't play this year, they paid too much for a rent a player.

Welcome, Wee!

I would have put it at 50/50 until yesterday. According to Darcy, they moved Biron so that Timmy could be activated. It very much sounded like he will be back before Paille, and since he cannot be sent down and has a higher salary than Gaustad, they were going to be over the cap by about 10k.

Welcome, Wee!

Thanks for the update, and I hope that's what happens. It must be the Sabres fan in me that expects injuries are going to turn out worse than we are hearing/hoping for, not better.

Welcome, Wee!

i agree. darcy didn't give a date, but he did mention clearing salary... and connolly's 7-10 day leg injury was about 14 days ago. sounds like all is quiet till he's ready to take a couple shifts (next week??) then he'll be activated and he'll start the next day. now that's a lift.

Lindy was specifically quoted somewhere that Zubrus "wants to play with Max."

I think there's a real good chance that happens.

They played together in the 2004 World Cup if memory serves.

X Edit:

Holy smokes check out the 2004 world cup rosters.

Were the Sabres scouting this heavy or what?

http://www.nhl.com/worldcup/rosters/index.html

Conklin, (played with Drury)

Zubrus( Played with Afinogenov)

Darcy said last night they asked all the players what they thought of these guys.

Edit II: I got carried away a second, wrong Lehtonen on the Finns roster.

I see Lehtonen playing Teppo role in the future with Lydman (Finns). It would be nice to see Zubrus stick around for a contract (only 28). We need NHL experience with the youth blend going on. Hopefully Kalinin is gone, Briere will go for big money somewhere. Franchise Drury Please!!!!! Could get Peca cheap for a couple years.....he is still living local.......Would of been nice to see Adams here too (face-offs we need help when Drury is not around big time)......Keep it physical!!!!!

Yes. We can't expect him to jump right into the NHL playoffs and be an impact player. I just do not see that. But Darcy said he was right on schedule, so who knows

Yes. We can't expect him to jump right into the NHL playoffs and be an impact player. I just do not see that. But Darcy said he was right on schedule, so who knows

management either has something up their sleeve that the fans dont know about (like connolly is ready now and they are conditioning him to his previous level) or the organization has decided that hes on the shelf until next year. thats my understanding of this issue.

Archived