Chris Drury on Jim Rome Show

PTS

Not that we need any more help, but the Sabres will get some jungle karma tomorrow when Chris Drury will be on The Jim Rome Show. WGR 550 in between noon and 3pm.

Also, WGR streaming is weeks away.

Paraphrasing the inteview as good as I could:

JR: Three more games before olympics, when do you start thinking about Turin and not about Sabres.

CD: You try to stay as focused as you can, but it's creaping in. With packing and everything else you can't help but get excited.

JR: Can Team USA compete for a Gold medal?

CD: I think we can, we are in a transition but we are still good and have as good as shot as anybody.

JR: Should Miller be starting for Team USA?

CD: His play warrants it, if they could go back and do it over they'd pick him. It was a tough position for Don Waddell because of Ryan's injury.

JR: Does the break come at a good time with the Sabres playing so well.

CD: I think it comes in a perfect time as we have a long March coming up. It will be nice to see some new faces.

JR: Are the Sabres benefiting in the new NHL. You guys got some speedsters.

CD: Without a doubt, our coaching staff taught us well and showed video for us to study the new rules.

JR: Was the Kasparistis hit dirty?

CD: Technically it's a legal hit but I don't like it. He's got a reputition for being dirty. We didn't like that he didn't stand up for himself.

JR: What will happen in future games with the Rangers?

CD: If he's not going to fight what can we do? We're in a tight race with the Rangers. We'll play hard against him and if some guys have a chance to finish their checks they will.

JR: Where do you put your Little League experience compared to everything else.

CD: I wouldn't trade anything I won or accomplished for anything else. All those experiences are still vivid and it's hard to compare.

JR: What about Buffalo? How much would it mean to the city if you can win the cup?

CD: I can't even put it into words, this town has been through a lot with us and the Bills. Bankruptcy, the new owner basically saved the team in the city and if we can win the cup it would be absolutely amazing.

JR: Rich Tochett? What are your thoughts?

CD: It's tough news. I heard only unbelieveably good things about him and this will hurt everyone involved including the league.

Oh Man. I can't wait till GR streams again. I know for a while it was Entercom's policy to not stream, but as a Red Sox fan, I listen to WEEI in Boston over the web (also an Entercom station) I knew it was a matter of time til GR would be back on! Woo hoo! I'm gonna have to remind myself about Rome... Gotta hear Drury and get that Karma!

Oh Man. I can't wait till GR streams again. I know for a while it was Entercom's policy to not stream, but as a Red Sox fan, I listen to WEEI in Boston over the web (also an Entercom station) I knew it was a matter of time til GR would be back on! Woo hoo! I'm gonna have to remind myself about Rome... Gotta hear Drury and get that Karma!

WEEI? We Enjoy Extra Intercoarse with Tom Brady and the rest of the Patriots station. During baseball season, I can barely tolerate it(as I am a Sox fan). Anywhere near football, look out for the big circle jerk aroung Tom Brady and his boys. Do you like the Patriots or something? UGH!

p.s. Smerlas is one of the five dumbest people on Earth. It's bad enough he's on in Rochester once a week.

WEEI? We Enjoy Extra Intercoarse with Tom Brady and the rest of the Patriots station. During baseball season, I can barely tolerate it(as I am a Sox fan). Anywhere near football, look out for the big circle jerk aroung Tom Brady and his boys. Do you like the Patriots or something? UGH!

p.s. Smerlas is one of the five dumbest people on Earth. It's bad enough he's on in Rochester once a week.

Youre dead on. I can't listen to it unless its baseball season. Speaking of Smerlas, i love when he chimes in on matters concerning other sports.

terrible or not, still one of the most listened to sports talk shows in the country.... so obviously he's doing something right.

Rome is huge because his employer, clear channel, owns stations in virtually every freaking market in America (except Buffalo thank heavens).

Youre dead on. I can't listen to it unless its baseball season. Speaking of Smerlas, i love when he chimes in on matters concerning other sports.

OK. Were on the same page then. I can't wait for spring training. I think some Yankme fans have underestimated some of Boston's moves.

- I know. I'll get off baseball in the hockey forum.

OK. Were on the same page then. I can't wait for spring training. I think some Yankme fans have underestimated some of Boston's moves.

I have to coment, and then I'll drop it. Can you imagine the rotation of the Sox actually convinced Clemens to sign? They're in talks right now.

I have to coment, and then I'll drop it. Can you imagine the rotation of the Sox actually convinced Clemens to sign? They're in talks right now.

I've heard the rumos as well. On Brad Davies(local Rochester show), Bruce Markeson (sp?), baseball guru :blink: said that Roger is working out with the 'Stros and he may only be interested in a shortened season. It is nice to dream though.

Bump bump bump ... Rome just reset that Drury will be on in the 2pm hour. Lets see how much Romey knows about the Sabres.

I've been listening to Jim Rome for atleast 10 years at this point. His takes seem scripted and every now and then you can tell he is reading his "thoughts". It is still a good place for cool interviews and it helps pass my ridiculously long work day.

I guess what I am trying to say is that all his responses wil be written before the interview and whatever he comes across as "knowing about the Sabres" probably came from a team of employee who feed him the info. :)

Paraphrasing the inteview as good as I could:

JR: Three more games before olympics, when do you start thinking about Turin and not about Sabres.

CD: You try to stay as focused as you can, but it's creaping in. With packing and everything else you can't help but get excited.

JR: Can Team USA compete for a Gold medal?

CD: I think we can, we are in a transition but we are still good and have as good as shot as anybody.

JR: Should Miller be starting for Team USA?

CD: His play warrants it, if they could go back and do it over they'd pick him. It was a tough position for Don Waddell because of Ryan's injury.

JR: Does the break come at a good time with the Sabres playing so well.

CD: I think it comes in a perfect time as we have a long March coming up. It will be nice to see some new faces.

JR: Are the Sabres benefiting in the new NHL. You guys got some speedsters.

CD: Without a doubt, our coaching staff taught us well and showed video for us to study the new rules.

JR: Was the Kasparistis hit dirty?

CD: Technically it's a legal hit but I don't like it. He's got a reputition for being dirty. We didn't like that he didn't stand up for himself.

JR: What will happen in future games with the Rangers?

CD: If he's not going to fight what can we do? We're in a tight race with the Rangers. We'll play hard against him and if some guys have a chance to finish their checks they will.

JR: Where do you put your Little League experience compared to everything else.

CD: I wouldn't trade anything I won or accomplished for anything else. All those experiences are still vivid and it's hard to compare.

JR: What about Buffalo? How much would it mean to the city if you can win the cup?

CD: I can't even put it into words, this town has been through a lot with us and the Bills. Bankruptcy, the new owner basically saved the team in the city and if we can win the cup it would be absolutely amazing.

JR: Rich Tochett? What are your thoughts?

CD: It's tough news. I heard only unbelieveably good things about him and this will hurt everyone involved including the league.

Archived