Ottawa Should Be Embarrassed

bob_sauve28

Giving up three goal lead to a team decimated by injuries. Our best face off guys were gone, we came within one second of scoring a goal at end of first, Biron played like crap, Chris Neil was dancing around like an idiot before the game was won and they get the luckiest azz bounce on GWG. Please God let us get these clowns in the playoffs again! It was no accident we beat them before.

Just happy that after the home and home that Ottawa didn't gain anything on the Sabres, considering the injury situation.

Ottawa's got their own problems they have to deal with. They're closer to the 9th seed in the conference than they are to the 1st seed. There's going to be pressure on them the rest of the season.

And you guys (at least those in the thread) act like you're the only team that has to deal with injuries. Look at Anaheim, Philly, Toronto, etc, heck Ottawa even went through their injury problems)

There's injury problems... and then there's having a third of your regular lineup out. Big difference.

Certainly was not a pretty win at all. Gotta give full props to the Buffalo team. Just heard both coaches on a post-game radio show. Murray was not at all happy, and rightly so. On the other hand Lindy was pleased as punch with his team and rightly so. Very rightly so.

Good game Buffalo. Hope you get all your guys back soon - I hate to see anyone hurt.

To everyone playing the game... Sens and Sabres.

And you guys (at least those in the thread) act like you're the only team that has to deal with injuries. Look at Anaheim, Philly, Toronto, etc, heck Ottawa even went through their injury problems)

Really, and what are their records? Anaheim has been in a free-fall. Philly is the worst team in the league. Toronto is fighting for their playoff lives.

Ottawa is in the middle of the pack, 7 points away from 9th place.

Buffalo is missing over 80 goals from their lineup, and they came back from 3 goals down to tie the healthy Senators.

When a team can overcome injuries, like the Sabres have, it's something to be proud of.

pretty much, every team we play from now til we get at least 4 players back...SHOULD be embarrassed.

our "JV" did NOT look even close to good til the 3rd...but something happened, to make it happen.

THESE GUYS ARE GOOD, SURPRISINGLY GOOD!

pretty much, every team we play from now til we get at least 4 players back...SHOULD be embarrassed.

our "JV" did NOT look even close to good til the 3rd...but something happened, to make it happen.

THESE GUYS ARE GOOD, SURPRISINGLY GOOD!

I thought we played a solid 1st period...

Really, and what are their records? Anaheim has been in a free-fall. Philly is the worst team in the league. Toronto is fighting for their playoff lives.

Ottawa is in the middle of the pack, 7 points away from 9th place.

Buffalo is missing over 80 goals from their lineup, and they came back from 3 goals down to tie the healthy Senators.

When a team can overcome injuries, like the Sabres have, it's something to be proud of.

And who's saying it isn't something to be proud of? Just so you know, Ottawa went something like 10-1-1 with their injuries. Do you not realize how close the standings are? Toronto actually had a winning record as well, but since more injuries have not been doing so well.

And who's saying it isn't something to be proud of? Just so you know, Ottawa went something like 10-1-1 with their injuries. Do you not realize how close the standings are? Toronto actually had a winning record as well, but since more injuries have not been doing so well.

Look at how you dance around the points others have made in this post...NO ONE HAS LOST A THIRD OF THEIR LINEUP like we have, so shut it about how Ottawa did well with their few injuries. Take a look at the Pronger example, that was the best one brought up...that team went into a tailspin from one injury. Our minor leaguers with Miller in net came within a whisker of showing up your healthy team, on the road no less. You want credit where "credit is due." Your team beat the Amerks with Briere and Miller, by one goal. Congrats.

Certainly was not a pretty win at all. Gotta give full props to the Buffalo team. Just heard both coaches on a post-game radio show. Murray was not at all happy, and rightly so. On the other hand Lindy was pleased as punch with his team and rightly so. Very rightly so.

Good game Buffalo. Hope you get all your guys back soon - I hate to see anyone hurt.

And good game Sens. It seems like these two teams are pretty evenly matched. is that fair to say? Even If the Sabres had a full line-up tonight I dunno if the score would have been any different...hard to see the Sabres playing any better then what they did. But all - in - all another great game. glad we're done w/ the sens for the season... maybe we'll be seeing them in one of the play-off rounds. Go Sabres

You really can't be happy as a Sens fan right now. Just wait til the Sabres start Miller, and Drury, and Spacek and Afinogenov and Kotalik and Novotny and Connolly and Paille...........

I hate Ottawa. Not just as a hockey fan, but as a Western Canadian. That is the reason there is a Western Seperatist movement out here.

Look at how you dance around the points others have made in this post...NO ONE HAS LOST A THIRD OF THEIR LINEUP like we have, so shut it about how Ottawa did well with their few injuries. Take a look at the Pronger example, that was the best one brought up...that team went into a tailspin from one injury. Our minor leaguers with Miller in net came within a whisker of showing up your healthy team, on the road no less. You want credit where "credit is due." Your team beat the Amerks with Briere and Miller, by one goal. Congrats.

A few injuries? Ottawa had 6 players out of the line up at the time.

See, you aren't even giving credit to your own team. Briere and Miller? That's your whole team? You have guys stepping up well and you give all the credit to Briere and Miller? And that's a lame excuse that Leaf fans use "oh you beat our farm team". So what? A win's a win. If Buffalo had their full line up, perhaps they would have won -- but you can't say they would for sure because Ottawa has beaten them with their full line up and Buffalo has beaten Ottawa with their full line up this season.

I'm just saying it like it is, and apparently you guys can't take it.

I think you need to pass on your demeanor to rest of your Sens cronies. :D

You really can't be happy as a Sens fan right now. Just wait til the Sabres start Miller, and Drury, and Spacek and Afinogenov and Kotalik and Novotny and Connolly and Paille...........

I hate Ottawa. Not just as a hockey fan, but as a Western Canadian. That is the reason there is a Western Seperatist movement out here.

oh pul-eez. What kind of crap is that? I grew up in Edmonton, have tons of family and friends there and due to the oil boom, Alberta is pretty much half full of folks from away. Western alienation is all about oil money and keeping it in Alberta. If I recall correctly, didn't Ottawa actually beat Buffalo a couple of times this year with Buffalo's full line up?

Bottom line. We should have won that game but the Sens got very lucky.

I so badly wanted to jump into the TV to wipe that smirk of Spezza's face. He's honestly got to be the biggest sissy in the entire league.

I'd be ashamed if the shoe was on the other foot and my team barely won against a team with so many kids in the lineup.

Ottawa won on a fluky goal. I guess you have to take it though.

And for the questions about Ottawa beating us when all were healthy. So what. Game in Oct and Nov aren't like they are now. The Sabres get healthy, if I'm a Sens fan, I pray we somehow get through the playoffs and don't meet the Sabres.

Sidenotes. The CBC couldn't be bothered to remind anyone that the Sabres iced an exhibition lineup.

Both fights. Anyone notice both times that the Ottawa player didn't allow the Sabre to be fully ready to fight? Loved McGrattan's comments. Like his fight won them the game or something. Yea, they had a good 2 minute stretch than barely hung on. It was all you tough guy.

Proud Sabre fan. Very proud. Frustrated we lost the point but man, what an effort.

Loved McGrattan's comments. Like his fight won them the game or something. Yea, they had a good 2 minute stretch than barely hung on. It was all you tough guy.

Guess he was still woozy after getting creamed by Kaleta, and Peters firing two absolute bombs right on his ugly mug.

I'll take your word for it that Ottawa is 10-1-1 with their injuries. Of course that means that Ottawa is only a .500 team when healthy, which should be cause for concern.

And I do know how close the standings in the East are. That's why I originally posted that Ottawa is closer to 9th place than 1st (6 pts vs 11 pts). Of course, the Sabres have held themselves above this fray since the beginning of the season.

As for your comment on Toronto, thanks for making my point. Teams who are experiencing multiple injuries are falling in the standings, unlike Buffalo, who has won despite a prolonged rash of injuries. And Ottawa, who plays better without their overpaid "skill" players.

Sens have beaten that line up too.

Archived