"Killer" Heatley

bottlecap

I think that calling heatley "killer" is a little bit far. He did what he did... He paid the price. Call him tinman, call him whatever, but he paid the price for the accident. We can be angry, but we can't stoop to the flyers phans level.

I don't know if he paid the price. If it were you or me, we'd probably still be sitting in the crowbar hotel for vehicular manslaughter.

That might be the most uncalled for and bushleague comment i've ever seen.

Havlat fan, can you honestly do us a favour and get lost? Please. I for one am sick of reading your drivel. Go to the Sens board and have a lovefest with them. You can talk about Sens things like the team building they do in Ottawa. You know it's not on the ice defending themselves. The Sunday night pillow fights at Jason's house.

Or the tea and crumpets at Comrie's place.

Go away.

I think that calling heatley "killer" is a little bit far. He did what he did... He paid the price. Call him tinman, call him whatever, but he paid the price for the accident. We can be angry, but we can't stoop to the flyers phans level.

Corp, I agree with some of your thoughts, and not on others. I DO NOT think Heatley paid any price except maybe emotionally. He should have gone to jail and that's a fact. Or at the very least he should have been denied playing the game he loves for a period of time.

I agree we shouldn't call him killer although really he is just that. The truth hurts.

FWIW, I'm in the camp that would prefer to leave Heatley's car accident out of this.

I'm also glad to have Havlat, Dagwood and the other Sens fans here anytime. They are good hockey fans, polite and articulate. I completely disagree with them over whether the hit was dirty, but I'm glad to have the conversation. Also, it reminds me of beating the Sens in the playoffs last year, as well as that epic win the other night, which makes me happy.

FWIW, I'm in the camp that would prefer to leave Heatley's car accident out of this.

I agree, we don't need to be calling him a killer. He was fatally negligent, but he is not a killer. I'll admit that every time I see him on the ice or see/hear his name, I immediately think about Snyder and Heatley getting off with just probation. It still bothers me. Heatley is just fortunate that Snyder's parents are such wonderful, forgiving people.

Go back to cheering for Phillie Rick

If that was directed at me, you'll have to explain that one for me.

A little history for you since you won't go away.

Been a Sabres fan since I was 10 years old. Never, ever liked Philly. So what you are on about I have no idea. Generally your post makes little sense, like all your other posts.

Go away troll.

Agreed the Corp.............The family of Dan Synder has forgiven him, that only speaks alot for him and he has paid a price that only he can deal with.

Agreed the Corp.............The family of Dan Synder has forgiven him, that only speaks alot for him and he has paid a price that only he can deal with.

It doesn't take away from what Heatley did. Do we judge Heatley on the results or the actions of that night? He could have killed a lot more people than just his best friend. What Heatley did is no different than what Larry Little did. I doubt Larry would garner as much sympathy.

It doesn't take away from what Heatley did. Do we judge Heatley on the results or the actions of that night? He could have killed a lot more people than just his best friend. What Heatley did is no different than what Larry Little did. I doubt Larry would garner as much sympathy.

You make a valid point DeLuca...

Just another rich kid getting away with what would put normal people in jail.

Doesn't deserve any respect in my book.

I'm pretty sure that alcohol was not involved in the accident.

Heatley indicted in Snyder's death

Associated Press

ATLANTA -- Atlanta Thrashers star Dany Heatley was indicted Friday on vehicular homicide and five other charges in the 2003 wreck that claimed the life of a teammate.Police estimated that Heatley was driving his black Ferrari convertible between 60 and 90 mph on a curved road in a residential area when it ran into a brick pillar and iron fence on Sept. 29, 2003.

Authorities said Heatley had consumed some alcohol but was not intoxicated at the time of the wreck.

Now for the million dollar question - (The first thing a compitent DA"s office would have done was get a warrant for Heatly's BAC level. no mention in the article). But is our society better because Heatly was willing to go at high rates of speed carelessly IN A RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOOD (think your child/sister/brother/parent being killed by the car, not just someone willingly riding in the passenger seat) or because he had too much to drink and couldn't make rational decisions? The crime he was "punished" for resulted in someone NOT IN CONTROL OF THE CAR being killed.

I should clarify myself a little. In PA for accident victims you normally get a warrant in order to obtain the BAC from the hospitals blood samples because the victim can't give consent. If Heatly were awake and able to give consent and have his BAC measured then the officer's should have gotten the results (although the DA's office would have been involved when a death occurrs). If GA does things differently I aologize.

So true. I never was a MacTavish fan either, but at least he did "pay a price". Probation? that is a slap in the face to the Snyder family.

I might agree with you about that if it weren't the Snyder family's request that he NOT do prison time that was apparently the largest factor involved in his getting probation.

I might agree with you about that if it weren't the Snyder family's request that he NOT do prison time that was apparently the largest factor involved in his getting probation.

Another great example of the wonderful judicial system this country has. I don't care who says what......you drink, you drive and someone innocent dies. To me that is murder, whice deserves jail time no matter what.

And there wasn't.

Sure is easy to make things up, isn't it?

So the AP is wrong then? He was probably going the speed limit too I assume? Nothing's made up so keep wishing it was.

And there wasn't.

Sure is easy to make things up, isn't it?

So it's OK to drive recklessly if you're sober? Drinking, using a cell phone or just showing off you car like a tool.

If it causes you to kill someone with your car it' still murder. The people of that community are lucky that no one else was killed.

Archived