Comments on the Vs. announcers last night

eball

Carolina shill Forslund was the play-by-play guy, but I thought he went out of his way to give the Sabres props and called the game even-handedly. Their own "Rayzor" was decent as well, and I thought he made some good points about the fact that Miller's GAA is closer to 3 than 2 but that is misleading because of the style the Sabres play.

Not nearly as bad a broadcast as I expected.

did anyone else notice that for most of the first period the graphic at the top of the screen was the OLD goathead logo? Or that for our first PP, there was no graphic indication at the top of the screen (no countdown of 2:00)...

stuff like that annoys the crap out of me!!!

did anyone else notice that for most of the first period the graphic at the top of the screen was the OLD goathead logo? Or that for our first PP, there was no graphic indication at the top of the screen (no countdown of 2:00)...

stuff like that annoys the crap out of me!!!

I totally noticed it. They're still a Mickey Mouse operation.

Carolina shill Forslund was the play-by-play guy, but I thought he went out of his way to give the Sabres props and called the game even-handedly. Their own "Rayzor" was decent as well, and I thought he made some good points about the fact that Miller's GAA is closer to 3 than 2 but that is misleading because of the style the Sabres play.

Not nearly as bad a broadcast as I expected.

i only half listened didnt realize it was Forslund hes a dope

VS is total SPAM - they should drop the facade and rename themselves as the official network of the Philly Flyers. Just the intro alone was too much - talking about the new faces in Philly and how it was a throw back to the old broad st bully days. I think Umberger dispelled that notion.

Anyone else notice the Yahoo/AP headline this morning saying that the Sabres snapped a 3 game losing streak - I was thinking what have I missed - I thought we'd been winning (and we had).

Time to test drive the new guys from Ra Cha Cha against the NE Division!

VS is total SPAM - they should drop the facade and rename themselves as the official network of the Philly Flyers. Just the intro alone was too much - talking about the new faces in Philly and how it was a throw back to the old broad st bully days. I think Umberger dispelled that notion.

Anyone else notice the Yahoo/AP headline this morning saying that the Sabres snapped a 3 game losing streak - I was thinking what have I missed - I thought we'd been winning (and we had).

Time to test drive the new guys from Ra Cha Cha against the NE Division!

My exact reaction as well. I went and looked. I thought, did I miss something?

I was okay with them. They were trying to hype the Flyers a bit, but hey, with the way the Flyers were being outscored, it needed some hype. They had a national audience they were playing to.

I was more distracted with my HD picture fuzzing. Anyone else have trouble with the signal last night?

yeah i thought it was a pretty fair and balanced call the entire game. OF COURSE they talked up the flyers, but they have to, it is a NATIONAL broadcast. and the sabres sell themselves with all the winning and goal scoring and their usual awesomeness.

they did plenty of talking up on the sabres behalf too.

VS. shows waaaay too few hockey games and the ones they do show are usually horrible. ive spent many a night this season wondering how much more money 4 hours of hunting shows could possibly be making them over some big hockey games that no one saw.

Their own "Rayzor" was decent as well,

Not "Their own". Daryl Reaugh is the color man for the Dallas Stars.

And the big vocabulary words are his schtick, just like RJ's goal calls are. His usual broadcast partner, Stars play-by-play guy Ralph Strangis, plays into Reaugh's awkward vocabulary words a little better. Against the Carolina guy, it was a little flat. Because I see Daryl Reaugh in Dallas now and again, it didn't bother me at all.... he's grown to be one of the better color guys in the league. Knowledgeable and goofy.

They were trying to hype the Flyers a bit, but hey, with the way the Flyers were being outscored, it needed some hype. They had a national audience they were playing to.

I'm trying to remember... the game I watched was 4-3 in the third period. I thought the Flyers gave the Sabres a pretty good run for their money. A bad bounce and the game could have slipped through the Sabres fingers. I didn't really see it as hype; the Flyers played well. Mostly.

I'm trying to remember... the game I watched was 4-3 in the third period. I thought the Flyers gave the Sabres a pretty good run for their money. A bad bounce and the game could have slipped through the Sabres fingers. I didn't really see it as hype; the Flyers played well. Mostly.

True it was, but before that it was 4-1 and it was 6-3 after that. It definitely got interesting in the middle.

Archived