Patrick Kaleta called up

inkman

Linky

Look the #%^$#! out! That what the Ottawa Senators should do. :D

:( For the Amerks tonight.

Wow, I am a bit surprised that it's Kaleta that is being called up. But being that he is a Buffalo boy, I'm glad he will get his shot. I doubt he is close to ready but I'm sure they will ease him into the line up, maybe give him about 5 minutes of ice time. If anything though, he can be a scrapper, not afraid to stick his noise somewhere.

St Francis gets a third guy with NHL ice time this year (assuming he gets any ice time). Not bad at all.

I think it's obvious that they want to get a bit more of a physical game out there for Ottawa. Mancari seemed like he would fit that role too, but if he's still playing D for the Amerks, they probably need him badly right now.

Screw you, Darcy Regier and Larry Quinn. Way to #%^$#! over your local farm club and break the agreement. Now you owe us 3 players by tonight. Let's see what you do. :angry:

Calm down..... take a deep breath and realize the Amerks are just an developmental team. Who could have guessed we'd have a guy hurt in each of the last 5 games? Please.... sh!t happens man, move on and deal with it.

Calm down..... take a deep breath and realize the Amerks are just an developmental team. Who could have guessed we'd have a guy hurt in each of the last 5 games? Please.... sh!t happens man, move on and deal with it.

I agree with you, but that is also why the Amerks had the extra replacement player clause in when they signed their affiliation agreement. Now the Sabres are finding some kind of escape clause to weasel out of it. As of now, the Amerks are still the best team in the AHL but without ANY replacements whatsoever, the team is struggling to even put a roster together. It's the job of the parent club to take care of that, not just take the players, but also replace them. Quinn and Regier both are choosing to flip off Jody Gage and the rochester Amerks and it will come back to bite them. Don't be surprised to see Rochester pull out of the dual affiliation next year.

Oh and they aren't JUST a developmental team. If that was the case, their wouldn't be a Calder Cup and they wouldn't have playoffs and all that. The AHL is a developmental league, but the Amerks and the rest of the teams also try to win the cup each year too and this definitely hurts them in their quest.

I agree with you, but that is also why the Amerks had the extra replacement player clause in when they signed their affiliation agreement. Now the Sabres are finding some kind of escape clause to weasel out of it. As of now, the Amerks are still the best team in the AHL but without ANY replacements whatsoever, the team is struggling to even put a roster together. It's the job of the parent club to take care of that, not just take the players, but also replace them. Quinn and Regier both are choosing to flip off Jody Gage and the rochester Amerks and it will come back to bite them. Don't be surprised to see Rochester pull out of the dual affiliation next year.

You are bent out of shape about minor league developmental hockey. It serves its purpose to develop NHL caliber talent. Not to win AHL championships.

Quit yer whining.

Screw you, Darcy Regier and Larry Quinn. Way to #%^$#! over your local farm club and break the agreement. Now you owe us 3 players by tonight. Let's see what you do. :angry:

F the Amerks. Their whole reason for existing is to train players to play in the NHL.

Anyone of those players would turn their back on the Amerks in a heartbeat to have a chance to play at the NHL level.

You are bent out of shape about minor league developmental hockey. It serves its purpose to develop NHL caliber talent. Not to win AHL championships.

Quit yer whining.

ROFL! It's not just a developmental league. They have the Calder Cup for a reason. And don't forget all the fans that pay money to go see all these games and support both teams. If you turn your back on Rochester, the Sabres will lose a big chunk of support. I'm actually surprised with this whole thing, especially seeing how Golisano is from Rochester and all. I blame Quinn more than anyone.

ROFL! It's not just a developmental league. They have the Calder Cup for a reason. And don't forget all the fans that pay money to go see all these games and support both teams. If you turn your back on Rochester, the Sabres will lose a big chunk of support. I'm actually surprised with this whole thing, especially seeing how Golisano is from Rochester and all. I blame Quinn more than anyone.

This is going to go in a huge circle. Some fans view the AHL purely as a developmental league and others will recognize that it is a highly competitive league with meaningful championships.

However, Sabre fans are typically going to look at Rochester from a developmental point of view. If you're saying that the Sabres should not recall any more players because it's hurting the Amerks, then you need to re-evaluate the situation. Those players are under contract with Buffalo and are being loaned to Rochester to develop their skills.

Hello?

Hi Patrick, this is Darcy Regier.

Hello Mr. Regier, it's nice to hear from you.

Patrick, I'm sure you've heard about all the injuries we've been suffering.

Yes sir, I have.

Well Patrick, the time has come for you to report to Buffalo. We have a game against our archenemies the Senators on Thursday night. How soon can you be here?

Well sir, I've been thinking about it for awhile now, and I just don't think it would be fair to all the Amerks fans if I were to leave right now. I'll pass.

You'll what?

Pass.

You realize that we may NEVER call you again and we'll probably trade you to the Florida Panthers for a bag of pucks, right?

Yes sir. Thank you sir.

Get a grip, Mikey. No player in the history of the AHL, IHL, ECHL, the Federal League, or the Iron League would ever respond to any NHL GM in this manner.

Like I said before, F the Amerks. This isn't about the Calder Cup, the AVCO Cup, the Grey Cup, or my hockey cup; it's about the STANLEY CUP, the most revered trophy in all of sports, and the most difficult to win.

This thread is freaking hilarious. I can't believe anyone would seriously raise the suggestion that an NHL franchise should not call up players from its' minor league affiliate because doing so will hurt the affiliate's chance of winning a minor league trophy.

Yeah, and the Yankees shouldn't call up a pitcher because Columbus is in line to win the American Association.

They're called "minor leagues" for a reason, Mikey. :doh:

This is going to go in a huge circle. Some fans view the AHL purely as a developmental league and others will recognize that it is a highly competitive league with meaningful championships.

However, Sabre fans are typically going to look at Rochester from a developmental point of view. If you're saying that the Sabres should not recall any more players because it's hurting the Amerks, then you need to re-evaluate the situation. Those players are under contract with Buffalo and are being loaned to Rochester to develop their skills.

Good post! As a Rochester Amerks fan and Buffalo Sabres fan, I can see both sides. But I will also say that your last paragraph is not what I'm saying. The Sabres can recall whoever they want, that's what they are there for. But it is also the responsibility of the parent club IE the Buffalo Sabres to replace the players that they recall.

This thread is freaking hilarious. I can't believe anyone would seriously raise the suggestion that an NHL franchise should not call up players from its' minor league affiliate because doing so will hurt the affiliate's chance of winning a minor league trophy.

Yeah, and the Yankees shouldn't call up a pitcher because Columbus is in line to win the American Association.

They're called "minor leagues" for a reason, Mikey. :doh:

LOL! I knew you people wouldn't understand it. If you actually spent the time to read my post...you'd know what I really said. They can call up a player whenever they are needed. BUT they also should replace that player with another player from the ECHL or somewhere else.

Mikey, it's not the Sabres responsibility to have a good team in Rochester AT THE EXPENSE of the NHL team. The NHL team comes first. It's a totally freak thing, and you are flipping out like the Sabres planned it this way. When the Amerks start paying these guys salaries, they can decide where they play. Until then, they are on loan. If they want to throw a tantrum about the Sabres breaking their agreement, fine, get out of the deal. Given the amout of young talent the Sabres have I am sure they can find someone else with whom to affiliate. The Rochester connection is ideal, so it would suck, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Whoo Hoo! Go Kaleta! Waterboy! Waterboy!

These injuries suck, but I think this adversity now will help this team forget all this All-Star and frontrunner press they've been getting. Looks like most, if not all, the boys will be back in time for the playoffs. Plus, our Amerks get meaningful game experience down the stretch against hungry competition. I hate to say it, but this might be just what the team needed to regain their collective moxy.

I agree with you, but that is also why the Amerks had the extra replacement player clause in when they signed their affiliation agreement. Now the Sabres are finding some kind of escape clause to weasel out of it.

Leaving aside the very fair question of whether the amerks are a real team in a real league vs just being a farm team -- I'm curious as to the specifics of the agreement that you are referring to. Can you provide some detail? I find it hard to believe that the Sabres/Darcy/Quinn are simply reneging on a contract and telling the amerks to go jump in a lake. If there is some kind of "escape clause", it's quite likely that it is something that the parties agreed to in order to cover the kind of extreme situation the sabres now find themselves in. On the other hand, I don't know anything about it.

Archived