Patrick Kaleta called up

inkman

Maybe Buffalo should look into affiliating themselves with an ECHL team like many other NHL teams do. This way, while thay can continue to develop more players for the future, they will also have enough players to cover call-ups. Just like MLB, every team has a AAA, AA and A team that they are affiliated with. Never any shortage there. Florida has an ECHL team, Buffalo should have one too. I live in Rochester, but I also enjoy watching these guy develop and moving up to Buffalo. It would just be nice if we could play games with a full lineup every night.

I don't see the need for that. Guys playing at that level aren't likely to go anywhere. Yes, some of them do make it, but they are such a rarity. What's the point in keeping a roster full of guys who will be lucky to make it as AHL regulars someday? Another important fact is that other than guys on entry level contracts, anyone you try to send down to that level has to accept the move.

Also, if you do have someone that needs to be sent to that level, it's easy enough to find a team willing to take him (just like Berkhoel).

I don't see the need for that. Guys playing at that level aren't likely to go anywhere. Yes, some of them do make it, but they are such a rarity. What's the point in keeping a roster full of guys who will be lucky to make it as AHL regulars someday?

Maybe having NHL ready guys instead of some pretty green kids (Ryan and Kaleta), could actually benefit the parent club.

Maybe having NHL ready guys instead of some pretty green kids (Ryan and Kaleta), could actually benefit the parent club.

That's cyclical though. The Sabres have had some very strong drafts over the past few years. If they hadn't signed these most of these guys, they lose their rights. Once that's taken care of, there were little, if any roster spots left.

Also, they did have a good number of NHL ready guys (at forward anyway) sitting in Rochester. Paille, MacArthur, Stafford, Ryan; these guys were all ready. In hindsight, the loss of Chris Thorburn really hurts right now. How many more NHL ready guys can you keep down there after these 4 (or 5 had Thorburn not been claimed)? If you're a boarderline NHL talent player, do you sign with Buffalo knowing that you could very easily be 4th or 5th on the AHL depth chart, or do you sign with someone like Chcago where you could make the team outright or at least be the first guy called up?

I'd like to see Kaleta or Peters or someone give peter schaefer a little piece of hell

just to remind him not to go head-hunting on a concussed player.

That just doesn't happen. Do you think Scott Stevens thought twice about knocking the piss out of Eric Lindros when he crossed the blue line staring at the puck? Most of these guys would blast their own family members if they came through the neutral zone with their heads hanging. In golf, keeping your head down is a good thing, in hockey.....not so good.

Remember this?

Nighty night!

That just doesn't happen. Do you think Scott Stevens thought twice about knocking the piss out of Eric Lindros when he crossed the blue line staring at the puck? Most of these guys would blast their own family members if they came through the neutral zone with their heads hanging. In golf, keeping your head down is a good thing, in hockey.....not so good.

Remember this?

Nighty night!

Saw the Stevens/Kariya hit the other night on "the best damn sports show" top 50 hits. It makes you sick to your stomach. Part of the game yes, can it be ugly, hell yes.

Saw the Stevens/Kariya hit the other night on "the best damn sports show" top 50 hits. It makes you sick to your stomach. Part of the game yes, can it be ugly, hell yes.

Stevens is one player who if I had to play against, I would rather turn the puck over than have to look down to control it. Even if he was on the bench. That boy could HIT!!!

Archived