Sabres vs. Flyers (02/02)

PTS

Here's to a Sabres victory and too an untimely injury to Robert Esche!

While Sabres fans would love to have Miller play in the Olympics - me included - we should have more class than to wish someone gets hurt. Next thing you know we'll be wanting Esche to follow in the footsteps of Pelle Lindburgh. Let's show some class as we cheer for our Swordsmen

I'm sure he didn't mean it, Mike. I know that PTS is a gentle soul. He takes in sick kittens and puppies and tweety birds in West Seneca and nurses them back to health. He's too modest to tell everyone that, but it's true!

While I do all those things secretly, I do not have any class when it comes to the Flyers. I'm not asking for him to break his leg. Something minor like a sprained wrist that won't allow him to go to the olympics on his own accord because he needs to rest it.

From the way Lindy talked on WGR a few days ago, I think Miller will get the nod tonight and Saturday versus Ottawa and Marty will play against Les Habitants.

That's really the best way to go in my opinion. I know I'm hard on Biron at times, and favor Miller, but these are very big games for the team, and the starter should be in net.

While I do all those things secretly, I do not have any class when it comes to the Flyers. I'm not asking for him to break his leg. Something minor like a sprained wrist that won't allow him to go to the olympics on his own accord because he needs to rest it.

PTS - I owe you an apology. I was a little reactionary!

Tonight is going to be fun. We're on a hell of a roll considering we're missing some studs which makes this team even more impressive than I thought.

Philly is a team I like to see us beat up on. I hope we give the home crowd a treat and just pound them 4-1. I am cautiously optimistic though. After long road stands we always come back and play lousy. Or maybe I'm remembering that San Jose game too quickly.

pacpie, your observation about the first game back after a long trip is spot on. In the post-Hasek era, the Sabres have had five road trips of four games or more. In the five first games at home after these trips, they are 1-3-1. (Incidentally, at least in the latter years of the "Hasek Era," the Sabres were quite good in their first game back at home.) I do think this situation is different in that the Sabres have been home from their road trip and have played several games in the Eastern time zone. I don't see it being a problem tonight.

Also - I imagine this game is sold out because of the long stretch of away games (and because it's philly), can anyone confirm that? If that's the case, haven't we sold out quite a few in a row?

Tonight's game has been sold out for a while and Saturday's is nearing a sell out as well.

While Sabres fans would love to have Miller play in the Olympics - me included - we should have more class than to wish someone gets hurt. Next thing you know we'll be wanting Esche to follow in the footsteps of Pelle Lindburgh. Let's show some class as we cheer for our Swordsmen

I have wished for the entire Yankees plane to crash. :rolleyes: :lol:

These games are the worst for me. I get every Sabres game on center ice (that's televised) but Directv doesnt get Philly CSN and I live too close to the sewer city so it's blacked out for me(om CI). I work midnights and can't easily watch from a neighborhood bar and then go to work (or actually just watch from a friends house - that just seems rude) so... I'll be listening at the computer with my wife and kids thinking I'm nuts. If they win - My job flies by, if they lose, my hand will hurt from writing traffic citations. (gotta take out the pain on someone :) )

These games are the worst for me. I get every Sabres game on center ice (that's televised) but Directv doesnt get Philly CSN and I live too close to the sewer city so it's blacked out for me(om CI). I work midnights and can't easily watch from a neighborhood bar and then go to work (or actually just watch from a friends house - that just seems rude) so... I'll be listening at the computer with my wife and kids thinking I'm nuts.  If they win - My job flies by, if they lose, my hand will hurt from writing traffic citations. (gotta take out the pain on someone :) )

:lol:

Don't feel bad. I'm stuck listening to the radio all the time.

These games are the worst for me. I get every Sabres game on center ice (that's televised) but Directv doesnt get Philly CSN and I live too close to the sewer city so it's blacked out for me(om CI). I work midnights and can't easily watch from a neighborhood bar and then go to work (or actually just watch from a friends house - that just seems rude) so... I'll be listening at the computer with my wife and kids thinking I'm nuts. If they win - My job flies by, if they lose, my hand will hurt from writing traffic citations. (gotta take out the pain on someone :) )

Haha, nice!