GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Anyone else really impressed with Gaustad's game 2nite? He finished almost all of his hits, was aggressive and hard-working behind the net. He really stood out tonight. That's precisely the kind of example this team needs right now.

Also Paetsch, 2 more PP assists 2nite...looks like he wants to hold the job of PP quarterback

Yeah, and I heard the GOOOSE chants for him in the stands; way to go, Sabres fans!

I'll tell you what- I hate Kalinin more than most of you, but he made SEVERAL key plays tonight, including the 1-on-1 in the third against Slater. It wasn't a total stop and Slater was flying, but he kept him to the outside nicely and made what could have been a near breakaway that would have resulted in a hooking penalty into a routine stop from a bad angle for Miller. He was also tough along the boards, especially late in the game.

Damn, I hate to say good things about him, but he played a helluva game.

And Paetsch: Here's the way I see it- when he first came up, he seemed lost at times as to whether to pinch in or drop back. I kind of get the sense that putting him on the forward line helped him understand what's going on in the offensive flow at the NHL level. The last game or two, that hesitation of pinch vs. drop back is gone, and he is making the right decisions. Good move putting up on the forward line, Lindy. At the end of the season, that will be forgotten, but I think it was a significant step in Paetsch's career.

You know who's a bum? Slava Kozlov.

I hate every fiber of his being.

Buffalo Sabres traded Vyacheslav Kozlov and a 2nd round selection (later traded to Nashville - Nashville selected Konstantin Glazachev) in 2003 to the Atlanta Thrashers for a 2nd (later traded to Florida - Florida selected Kamil Kreps) and 3rd (later traded to Phoenix - Phoenix selected Tyler Redenbach) round selections in 2003.

So who did we get in return? :unsure:

Buffalo Sabres traded Vyacheslav Kozlov and a 2nd round selection (later traded to Nashville - Nashville selected Konstantin Glazachev) in 2003 to the Atlanta Thrashers for a 2nd (later traded to Florida - Florida selected Kamil Kreps) and 3rd (later traded to Phoenix - Phoenix selected Tyler Redenbach) round selections in 2003.

you'd have to find out what we got for the draft-pick trades to the Panthers and 'Yotes. I assume more draft picks.

OK, this is the rundown of 2002 draft trades I've got:

June 22,2002

- Vyacheslav Kozlov, 41st pick overall in 2002 to Atlanta for 31st and 82nd picks overall in the 2002 draft.

- 88th overall pick in 2002 and a 2nd round pick in 2003 to Nashville for the 36th pick overall in the 2002 draft

- 31st (Jeff Deslauriers - minor G prospect) and 36th picks (Jarrett Stoll -- ok, wouldn't mind having that one back) overall in the 2002 draft to Edmonton for Jochen Hecht.

- 30th pick overall in 2002 draft and rights to Mike Pandolfo to Columbus for the 20th pick overall in 2002 (Dan Paille)

With pick 82: Buffalo John Adams D Boston College (NCAA). He now plays for the Johnstown Chiefs ECHL team in the Tampa Bay organization. Not a high-level prospect.

Atlanta and Columbus did some dealing and the Thrashers got Jim Slater. The BJs got Joakim Lindstrom. No news about him.

So essentially it was Kozlov for Hecht? If that's the case, then I'd call it a wash. Jochen is much more of a complete player while putting up less offensively.

Kozlov and I guess Slater for Hecht, and we also gave up essentially a shot at Jarrett Stoll for Hecht. Draft picks are crapshoots but like I said, I sure wouldn't mind having the player Stoll has turned out to be in Hecht's stead.

Given when the trade was made, Hecht was a great pickup and he really excelled with JP and Danny. I think that line was responsible for DB's maturation into the fine player we are about to re-sign ;)

i was listening to the sirius broadcast of the atlanta radio guys (are they the same as their television lame-o's?) on my drive home from work, and they were alright. quick, descriptive, and they knew their sh!t. maybe they were on their game because it was the start of the game...i don't know. picked up rick and jim halfway through the first once i got home from nhl.com for the usual top quality call.

this morning...i got into work and checked the nhl.com highlights...with the atlanta television feed...

HOW ARE THESE GUYS STILL WITH JOBS? atrocious. they ought to be fined by the league for being so horribly bad at what they do. if they are the same guys as the radio team i heard earlier in the night, what happened to the enthusiasm? absolutely mystifying.

i was listening to the sirius broadcast of the atlanta radio guys (are they the same as their television lame-o's?) on my drive home from work, and they were alright. quick, descriptive, and they knew their sh!t. maybe they were on their game because it was the start of the game...i don't know. picked up rick and jim halfway through the first once i got home from nhl.com for the usual top quality call.

this morning...i got into work and checked the nhl.com highlights...with the atlanta television feed...

HOW ARE THESE GUYS STILL WITH JOBS? atrocious. they ought to be fined by the league for being so horribly bad at what they do. if they are the same guys as the radio team i heard earlier in the night, what happened to the enthusiasm? absolutely mystifying.

The worst thing about it is that they're like the polar opposite of RJ. No build, no flow, no excitement, no personality; they didn't even know when a freaking goal was scored by their home team. They were absolutely clueless, especially with regard to the officiating.

We absolutely should count our blessings as long as RJ is on board. We shall not hear the likes of him again.

Archived