Any news on Connolly?

FearTheReaper

At this point, I think no news is good news - we probably would have heard by now if he had a setback in his rehab.

Hopefully, they ask Lindy about it tomorrow on the WGR morning show that he's on every Tuesday.

I was listening to WGR last week when they had Rob Ray on, and he was talking about how Connolly is in very high spirits every time he sees him at the arena---said he is coming to the arena again, hanging out with the guys, has a big smile on his face, etc...said before he didn't want to come around cause he was down in the dumps about his situation, he was not in a good mood when they talked to him, etc...said its a complete 180 now, and he is thrilled with how everything is going with his treatments...

Ray made it sound like Connolly is definitely on the road to recovery and its only a matter of time before he gets back out there...said the new treatment is doing wonders for him....

I was listening to WGR last week when they had Rob Ray on, and he was talking about how Connolly is in very high spirits every time he sees him at the arena---said he is coming to the arena again, hanging out with the guys, has a big smile on his face, etc...said before he didn't want to come around cause he was down in the dumps about his situation, he was not in a good mood when they talked to him, etc...said its a complete 180 now, and he is thrilled with how everything is going with his treatments...

Ray made it sound like Connolly is definitely on the road to recovery and its only a matter of time before he gets back out there...said the new treatment is doing wonders for him....

If this in indeed true then you sir has made my day,I'm going to the Sens game on Feb 7 and i pray he returns for that game

I think the Sabres would want to get him some game experience and action before going into the second season...I'd like to see him come back around mid-March if possible - that should give him enough time to shake off the rust before the real season starts.

I think the Sabres would want to get him some game experience and action before going into the second season...I'd like to see him come back around mid-March if possible - that should give him enough time to shake off the rust before the real season starts.

I was watching the Leaf's TV Broadcast last night (BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!) and they said Connolly will probably be back in March according to Larry Quinn!

Can't wait to see him on the ice and on the PP!!!!!!!

I am starting to think we need a pinned thread at the top concerning the salary cap situation if/when Timmy comes back...

IIRC, we don't have to waive, trade or release anyone who was not on the opening day roster. Once Timmy is ready to be removed from LT-IR, our roster needs to essentially be "reset" to the opening day roster, which was under the cap with Timmy active.

Then again, I could be completely wrong, but I think that was the gist of the previous cap conversations we have had.

OK, so here's the question. Who gets traded/waived when Connolly comes back. We lose our cap reprieve when that happens. I say Kotalik, he makes a little money and we have surplus wingers at the moment. When Tiny Tim comes back we'l have abit of a glut at center as well (Drury, Briere, Gaustad, Roy, Novotny, Connolly) but I don't see us moving one of those, it's more likely that two will move to the wing, I think Roy and Gaustad. Novotny could center Mair and Peters. Briere'd stay with Hecht and Pominville, Drury'd be with Roy and Gaustad, Connolly'd be with Vanek and Afinogenov (though Afinogenov is ostensibly a centerman with his puck domination.) Maybe Gaustad fits in at wing with Max and Connolly and Vanek goes up with Drury and Roy.

See the post above this one. No one on the opening day roster has to go anywhere.

Then again, I could be completely wrong, but I think that was the gist of the previous cap conversations we have had.

From everything I've read and heard, you are exactly correct. Once Connolly is activated, the Sabres must reset their opening day roster and proceed from there. If they make changes, they must remain under the cap.

I do believe however, that come the playoffs, the salary cap no longer is in effect. So by the time the playoffs started, the Sabres would be able to bring back Stafford, Sekera, McArthur, etc from Rochester and place them on the active roster.

I feel like Dave B should verify this however...haha!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so here's the question. Who gets traded/waived when Connolly comes back. We lose our cap reprieve when that happens. I say Kotalik, he makes a little money and we have surplus wingers at the moment. When Tiny Tim comes back we'l have abit of a glut at center as well (Drury, Briere, Gaustad, Roy, Novotny, Connolly) but I don't see us moving one of those, it's more likely that two will move to the wing, I think Roy and Gaustad. Novotny could center Mair and Peters. Briere'd stay with Hecht and Pominville, Drury'd be with Roy and Gaustad, Connolly'd be with Vanek and Afinogenov (though Afinogenov is ostensibly a centerman with his puck domination.) Maybe Gaustad fits in at wing with Max and Connolly and Vanek goes up with Drury and Roy.

#%^$#! peters , i know everyone likes him,but he is useless,paille kicks soo much more ass than him and peters just takes up too much money for nothing

Archived