GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

We played a terrible game tonight. Who cares:

1. Ottawa had our number for most of the regular season last year.

2. The Sabres are still 1st in the conference by 7 points with 2 games at hand on Atlanta. They are leading the division by 10 points, and they've won 4 of their last 5.

3. There will be other bad games this year. It's an 82 game season. It's full of ups and downs. There have been a lot more ups than downs this year.

Hmmm...ask and ye shall receive...Mair and Meszaros...

OK, let's try it again... can Briere, Vanel, Max and Drury be bothered to put the puck in the net?

GOAL MAX! 6-2...very nice...now can Briere, Drury & Vanek help out?

Ya... It is as ugly as it gets guys... Least they broke the shut-out and can run for the bus and home for a game and game this weekend... I know I don't like saying that... Crap happens!

You knew it was coming after a great 1st and nothing to show for it... It usually does...

I don't like losing too the Sens... Got shelled last year too in reg... But, look at the bright side, let them have their fun, karma is sure too reverse itself with these dudes come playoff time... The can't keep on streaking winning... It will catch up, have faith.

The good news is that they will be steaming by the time I see them play in Chicago next week... Well, hopefully!

I just had a feeling when I read the PS's history for today... 27 years ago... The Sabres beat the Red Army 6-1... I just had a bad vibe about this game... My 4 year daughter kept on sayin' "Sens" all day! :doh: :doh:

:(

Ya... It is as ugly as it gets guys... Least they broke the shut-out and can run for the bus and home for a game and game this weekend... I know I don't like saying that... Crap happens!

You knew it was coming after a great 1st and nothing to show for it... It usually does...

I don't like losing too the Sens... Got shelled last year too in reg... But, look at the bright side, let them have their fun, karma is sure too reverse itself with these dudes come playoff time... The can't keep on streaking winning... It will catch up, have faith.

The good news is that they will be steaming by the time I see them play in Chicago next week... Well, hopefully!

I just had a feeling when I read the PS's history for today... 27 years ago... The Sabres beat the Red Army 6-1... I just had a bad vibe about this game... My 4 year daughter kept on sayin' "Sens" all day! :doh: :doh:

Sens.. that's funny. My five year old always asks me who the guys in "the other color" are. When I tell her, it's "Go those guys!" The loser makes the ice cream cones in my house.

No big deal. Sucks to watch 'em get their arses handed to them. I guess that's why the playoffs are best-of-seven.

-Jeff

Hasn't there been a couple threads over the last few days about what Mair & Peters bring to the team? Could either of them be bothered to hit someone, ANYONE in a black jersey?

Hell, I'd settle for watching one of them knock down the girls who scrape the ice during TV timeouts... :thumbsup:

If Golisano was willing to eat the loss, I'd cut both Peters and Mair if I was Darcy. I'm not a big fan of Novotny, but pair him up with guys like Stafford and Paille and we actually have a 4th line. It's such a minimal loss money-wise, I wish they'd consider down the stretch (well, moving Peters anyway).

Oh, and Glenn Healy is an idiot. He's asking why Ottawa would even bother answering any trash talk because they don't want to give Buffalo any kind of boost going into the future games. Then when Pommer scores with under a minute left, he's down playing it, calling it a meaningless goal. Come on Glenn, that goal is somehow worse than trying to talk someone into a fight?

Sens.. that's funny. My five year old always asks me who the guys in "the other color" are. When I tell her, it's "Go those guys!" The loser makes the ice cream cones in my house.

No big deal. Sucks to watch 'em get their arses handed to them. I guess that's why the playoffs are best-of-seven.

-Jeff

:D

Something to smile about Jeff!

I am following this horror through the "Official Super Stats"....

Any news on Henrik?

I'm betting broken fibula. That sucks. Slew foot by Heatley. Why doesn't someone cross-check him in the face to make him pay.

I'm starting to agree that our team is a bunch of pansies. Will someone please hit someone? Anyone?

Oh come on. He got his leg tangled up and twisted his knee, nothing malicious about it at all. I bet his misses two games

Oh come on. He got his leg tangled up and twisted his knee, nothing malicious about it at all. I bet his misses two games

Did you actually see his ankle twist under ALL his weight? Mogilny fell like that and broke his leg. I don't think it's going to be a good outcome.

Maybe Heatley didn't do it on purpose. I still want someone to break his face.

Did you actually see his ankle twist under ALL his weight? Mogilny fell like that and broke his leg. I don't think it's going to be a good outcome.

Slew foot is the first thing that came to my mind. I'd have to see it again, and I am too cheap to get the DVR thingamajig.

Yes, I remember the Mogilney incident. He screamed his head off when it happened. If Hasek had played in that series we would have won

I don't think he did it intentionally, but as you stated earlier, the result was he definitely slew-footed Hank. Hopefully it's not as bad as it looked.

It really wouldn't have hurt my feelings any to see Mair or Goose check him into next Thursday.

I don't know how many times (not just tonight) I've watched other teams' players taking second and third swipes at Miller after a whistle with no response from any Sabre.

And if Tallinder's out for a while again, I smell a mediocre couple of weeks.

It is pathetic. This team IS soft. Very good, very skilled, but VERY soft. So let me bring up one of the things I have stood by since we lost McKee this summer...DARCY for God's sake get us another defenseman in here. Get us someone who can move people in front of the net and not just stand there like a statue. Now with Tallinder out it is even more of a concern. Numminen looked his age tonite and Kalinin is just awful. Ugh! They left Miller out to dry tonite

Yes, I remember the Mogilney incident. He screamed his head off when it happened. If Hasek had played in that series we would have won

That is what I am thinking BS... You break anything and you are hollering in pain...

Lets all keep positive... When do they come out with the injury update.

Rest of the teams gotta step up?

At what minute in the contest did HT go down... If it was early... I am not to concerned with the loss... Shows you how much he means to this team... If it was late in the contest, I am a little more concerned... Again, with special teams and all the HT non MVP naysayers... I think this game says alot!

Ruff said it is a sprained ankle for tallinder

Thank God!... I would have been crapping a brick all night if he said "lower body injury"...

Ya... A sprain is bad... What is the usaul "out" time?... A week or two if a "bad" sprain...?

I got a really stiff boot that this beginner skater has... Can I donate it to him in time for the Leafs' game? :D

I'm officially worried. We haven't had such a dominating period in a long time and we got nothing to show for it. Ottawa took our best effort and withstood it. I suspect that the Sens will get many more chances in the second.. Hope I'm wrong... Played 4-3 and their 3 outplayed our 4 badly.

You were dead-on there. I wonder what Bryan Murray had to say to the team during the first intermission. The Sabres were all over the Sens early on, but couldn't put one past Emery until the third period.

The Sens power play was clicking and the team seems to raise their level of play against Buffalo. I was very impressed with Comrie's debut. He generated plenty of scoring opportunities, had a few assists, won most of his face-offs (73% if what someone posted on HFBoards.com is correct) and played a great all-around game. I am hopeful that he can keep it up and not let us down when it really matters.

I wouldn't get too down after this loss because there are still a few games left between the Sabres and Sens, including two two weeks from now. I can't really brag too much about this victory because the Sens dominated the Sabres early last season before losing to them in the playoffs.