Carolina's Commodore Doesn't Care If They Lose...

matter2003

And I don't care what Commodore has to say. Honestly, I hope the Caps catch & pass them and they have to fight to stay in the playoff race, and I wouldn't shed any tears if they free-fell and didn't qualify for the playoffs altogether.

Since they likely will be in the postseason, I really hope we get another shot at them, and maybe this time we can bring the whole roster, NHL "D" and all, and then we'll see how it shakes out...

And I don't care what Commodore has to say. Honestly, I hope the Caps catch & pass them and they have to fight to stay in the playoff race, and I wouldn't shed any tears if they free-fell and didn't qualify for the playoffs altogether.

Since they likely will be in the postseason, I really hope we get a chance another shot at them, and maybe this time we can bring the whole roster, NHL "D" and all, and then we'll see how it shakes out...

I think we already saw how it would shake out---we gave them a good beat down all 4 times

After Thursday night's game:

"I don't care if we lose to Buffalo, Toronto, whoever," Commodore said. "I could care less they swept us ... Good for them."

--Maybe if they would care more if they are losing, they wouldn't be in the position they are...

Anyone have a link to this interview/article?

This is shocking, I can't believe it's not getting more play. I don't think I've ever heard a professional athlete say anything like this before. I'd like to see the whole interview/story for some sort of context, because this quote on its own is unbelievable. He should be shitcanned immediately for saying that he doesn't care about getting swept! What an ass!

This is shocking, I can't believe it's not getting more play. I don't think I've ever heard a professional athlete say anything like this before. I'd like to see the whole interview/story for some sort of context, because this quote on its own is unbelievable. He should be shitcanned immediately for saying that he doesn't care about getting swept! What an ass!

http://www.newsobserver.com/796/story/526445.html

It sounds to me like he is trying to say that to which teams they lose in the regular season doesn't matter; what they do in the playoffs (as long as they make them) is what matters. Or maybe he is saying they already beat the Sabres (Amerks) when it mattered. Or maybe I am reaching too far to make sense of his drivel.

Brind'Amour said what I think Commode-more was trying to say a little more eloquently:

From the article linked in the post above: "Nobody cares about that," Hurricanes center Rod Brind'Amour said. "We wanted to win this just because we needed the points. The fact that we didn't beat them this year doesn't really mean anything, unless we don't make the playoffs, and those were points we didn't get."

Brind'Amour said what I think Commode-more was trying to say a little more eloquently:

From the article linked in the post above: "Nobody cares about that," Hurricanes center Rod Brind'Amour said. "We wanted to win this just because we needed the points. The fact that we didn't beat them this year doesn't really mean anything, unless we don't make the playoffs, and those were points we didn't get."

Thanks for the link. Brind'Amour's quote does make alot more sense than Bozo's. But they should still care that they got swept by us, or anyone else for that matter, and to say otherwise is just dumb. As much as I hate these guys, I really do hope they make the playoffs and draw us so we can make it 8-0 for the season :death: :death: :death:

The (probably) out-of-context quote notwithstanding, what's with all the hatred towards Carolina players? I can understand some ill will towards Cole, but Commodore has done nothing but be a solid player (I was impressed by and pulling for him in the finals when he was with Calgary). Same with Brind'Amour, although I suppose the Flyers connection provides a basis for some hatred.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't remember the players themselves acting like jackasses last Spring. They played hard and won a fair-fought series, albeit against a depleted team.

That their fans might not number many, and that the media in NC still thinks there's a three-point line in hockey doesn't make me want to hate the players; I'd take Commodore or Brind'Amour in a second. (I just wouldn't bring small children to the game; Brind'Amour might give them nightmares.)

These quotes remind me of being a kid, beating my brother at something and having him say, "Oh yeah? Well I wasn't really trying anyway."

I think you guys are reading it wrong ... I think he was saying he doesn't care WHO they lose to, not that he doesn't care if they lose. Like, he hates losing no matter who it is against.

Like them or hate them, you can't question the competitiveness of this Carolina team. You have to show up every time you play them to beat them.

I think you guys are reading it wrong ... I think he was saying he doesn't care WHO they lose to, not that he doesn't care if they lose. Like, he hates losing no matter who it is against.

Like them or hate them, you can't question the competitiveness of this Carolina team. You have to show up every time you play them to beat them.

Obviously every player on every team cares when they lose. I'm just saying Carolina getting sweeped by Buffalo is kind of akin to losing to a brother (a rival) because losing to a brother hurts more. Commodore says "I could care less" to make it sound like it doesn't hurt as much as he knows it does.

Obviously every player on every team cares when they lose. I'm just saying Carolina getting sweeped by Buffalo is kind of akin to losing to a brother (a rival) because losing to a brother hurts more. Commodore says "I could care less" to make it sound like it doesn't hurt as much as he knows it does.

Something tells me we hate them way more than they hate the Sabres ... they won last spring, and then played another 7 game series after that ... it's not the same. We might like to think they look at the Sabres as their toughest test, but Edmonton played them pretty damn tough too and came just as close to beating them. Remember, before the playoffs last season, Ottawa was our measuring stick ... we now dismiss them and don't have nearly the venom we do for the Canes ... why? because we beat them. Carolina beat the Sabres last spring and moved on. We couldn't move on because it was an abrupt end. It's just not the same to them, and I totally understand that.

The (probably) out-of-context quote notwithstanding, what's with all the hatred towards Carolina players? I can understand some ill will towards Cole, but Commodore has done nothing but be a solid player (I was impressed by and pulling for him in the finals when he was with Calgary). Same with Brind'Amour, although I suppose the Flyers connection provides a basis for some hatred.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't remember the players themselves acting like jackasses last Spring. They played hard and won a fair-fought series, albeit against a depleted team.

That their fans might not number many, and that the media in NC still thinks there's a three-point line in hockey doesn't make me want to hate the players; I'd take Commodore or Brind'Amour in a second. (I just wouldn't bring small children to the game; Brind'Amour might give them nightmares.)

Because the Carolina players were basically just arrogant a**holes like their coach is...after the games they would give the Sabres basically no credit for anything, and acted like we weren't even worthy of playing them, especially Captain Caveman Brindamour. They can go F themselves and I hope we meet them again in the playoffs and sweep them again, and then see if they got anything better to say...

Because the Carolina players were basically just arrogant a**holes like their coach is...after the games they would give the Sabres basically no credit for anything, and acted like we weren't even worthy of playing them, especially Captain Caveman Brindamour. They can go F themselves and I hope we meet them again in the playoffs and sweep them again, and then see if they got anything better to say...

I hope the Sabres sweep them again if they meet, too, but I really don't remember the Canes players being arrogant. Confident, yes. But that's what they are supposed to do. (Wasn't Ruff just as confident? After each Sabres win in that series, did Chris Drury or anyone else come out and give the Hurricanes "credit?")

I hope the Sabres sweep them again if they meet, too, but I really don't remember the Canes players being arrogant. Confident, yes. But that's what they are supposed to do. (Wasn't Ruff just as confident? After each Sabres win in that series, did Chris Drury or anyone else come out and give the Hurricanes "credit?")

Huh?

You don't remember Laviolette saying last year that the toughest challenge in the playoffs was beating the Habs?... That they were the strongest team? Sure they (Candy 'Canes) went the first two games down to the Habs... PL gave no credit to the rest of the teams they faced... And it was a pointed barb at the Sabres... And others...

Arrogant phucks... The Buffalo "Amerks" took the future chumps to 7... And almost beat them in game 7 at the RBC...

Huh?

You don't remember Laviolette saying last year that the toughest challenge in the playoffs was beating the Habs?... That they were the strongest team? Sure they (Candy 'Canes) went the first two games down to the Habs... PL gave no credit to the rest of the teams they faced... And it was a pointed barb at the Sabres... And others...

Arrogant phucks... The Buffalo "Amerks" took the future chumps to 7... And almost beat them in game 7 at the RBC...

I DO remember LaViolette saying that. I DON'T remember any of the players saying that.

Huh?

Fans can certainly hate other teams, players or fans for whatever reasons they want. Or for no reason at all. That's fandom.

But, just to clarify what Laviolette was talking about (and of course, you never hear how exactly the question is asked, only the quote in response) was about how the Canes were down 2 games to zip againts MTL. They were down in Game 3. They had to bench their #1 goaltender and go with a young 22 year old.

The entire post-season is a huge challenge (well, I guess the NJ series wasn't much of one), but after sweeping the Habs easily in the reg season and losing 2 at home, then being behind in Montreal with a goalie in his first post-season start of his career - well it was a huge challenge. And the reality is that the comeback to beat the Habs 4 straight games and then win the first 3 against NJ gave them the confidence they needed for the remainder.

But really - it's cool to hate players or teams or coaches, just cuz. It's sports.

Fans can certainly hate other teams, players or fans for whatever reasons they want. Or for no reason at all. That's fandom.

But, just to clarify what Laviolette was talking about (and of course, you never hear how exactly the question is asked, only the quote in response) was about how the Canes were down 2 games to zip againts MTL. They were down in Game 3. They had to bench their #1 goaltender and go with a young 22 year old.

The entire post-season is a huge challenge (well, I guess the NJ series wasn't much of one), but after sweeping the Habs easily in the reg season and losing 2 at home, then being behind in Montreal with a goalie in his first post-season start of his career - well it was a huge challenge. And the reality is that the comeback to beat the Habs 4 straight games and then win the first 3 against NJ gave them the confidence they needed for the remainder.

But really - it's cool to hate players or teams or coaches, just cuz. It's sports.

One made orders of magnitude easier by Williams swatting Koivu in the eye.

Something tells me we hate them way more than they hate the Sabres ... they won last spring, and then played another 7 game series after that ... it's not the same. We might like to think they look at the Sabres as their toughest test, but Edmonton played them pretty damn tough too and came just as close to beating them. Remember, before the playoffs last season, Ottawa was our measuring stick ... we now dismiss them and don't have nearly the venom we do for the Canes ... why? because we beat them. Carolina beat the Sabres last spring and moved on. We couldn't move on because it was an abrupt end. It's just not the same to them, and I totally understand that.

I would defintely say they hate US, meaning the fans more than the players. Everytime I am in the area, my parents live in Holly Springs, I hear some wild stories about what a bunch of drunken ruffians the Sabres fans are...

I would defintely say they hate US, meaning the fans more than the players. Everytime I am in the area, my parents live in Holly Springs, I hear some wild stories about what a bunch of drunken ruffians the Sabres fans are...

Oh, their FANS definitely hate us and the Sabres ... they seem to hate us more than they love the fact that they won the Cup ... but that's their loss. I am just saying the PLAYERS don't have any reason to hate the Sabres really, not in the same way that the Sabres (and we) feel about them.

Oh, their FANS definitely hate us and the Sabres ... they seem to hate us more than they love the fact that they won the Cup ... but that's their loss. I am just saying the PLAYERS don't have any reason to hate the Sabres really, not in the same way that the Sabres (and we) feel about them.

There definitely are at least a few "Caniacs" like that and that just floors me. There was one guy over on TSW that was whining about Sabres fans about 2 hours after the Eulers lost the Stanley Cup. :doh:

WTF is up with that. There are several teams that I don't like and some fan bases that I don't respect, but if the stars align right this year and there's a pretty cool parade down Main St., I sure as heck won't be thinking about Phlyer, Loaf, Cane or any other fans. I'll be thinking how much Ryan looks like a drowned rat out of his goalie gear and doused in champagne. ;) (That and trying to get close enough to the parade to see if Marty's lips EVER stop flapping. :lol: Assuming I don't end up accidentally jumping over the 300 railing when Danny scores the Coupe Stanley winner at 0:47 of the 1st overtime of Game 5. :unsure: )

There definitely are at least a few "Caniacs" like that and that just floors me. There was one guy over on TSW that was whining about Sabres fans about 2 hours after the Eulers lost the Stanley Cup. :doh:

WTF is up with that. There are several teams that I don't like and some fan bases that I don't respect, but if the stars align right this year and there's a pretty cool parade down Main St., I sure as heck won't be thinking about Phlyer, Loaf, Cane or any other fans. I'll be thinking how much Ryan looks like a drowned rat out of his goalie gear and doused in champagne. ;) (That and trying to get close enough to the parade to see if Marty's lips EVER stop flapping. :lol: Assuming I don't end up accidentally jumping over the 300 railing when Danny scores the Coupe Stanley winner at 0:47 of the 1st overtime of Game 5. :unsure: )

What do you expect when Brindy calls out Ruff during his post game 7 interview? Here's the captain of the newly crowned Eastern Conference champs, and he's whining about some common motivational tactics that Ruff used during the series that date back to the days of Toe Blake.

That entire organization is off-center somehow. This season is proving out that they caught lightning in a bottle last year. By the way, they were shut out by the Penguins tonight.

Archived