What is the craziest thing you have done to support your Sabres?

DR HOLLIDAY

Hmm...

--I was about 16 years old, and i went to a reg. season game with rick martin, his son, and my brother. Needless to say, i was the designated driver afterwards. Not too many can say that!

--Because of a connection, i SKATED on the aud ice.

--I purchased $300 worth of first row tickets to the ECF game 1 last year. that was pretty crazy.

--I flicked off the verizon center crowd once during a kiss cam moment (just kidding).

--Drank a bottle of wine with Perreault and the aformentioned martin, and clunked bottles with many former sabres... Also finished of numerous coors light tallboys all after one of the stanley cup finals home games. Good times!

--Convinced my former college CC tv manager to switch the satelite dish from c-span to CBC during the sabres/ottawa 1999 series. The kicker... He didn't know the c-band coordinates... I did. We watched all 4 games in french! it was awesome.

hmm, i haven't done anything WAY crazy though.

Told my wife to "shuuuush", during one point in the ottawa playoff game when I was trying to hear who got what penaties, and she wanted to ask some "silly" question. Slept with one eye open that night. :death: :death:

I've never done anything really "crazy" or "zany" to support the Sabres, but...

I very well may be, the only person in the Southern Hemisphere to own and wear a #89 Mogilny jersey.

:beer:

You might be the only person in either hemisphere that will admit to that. :P

Welcome aboard.

Told my wife to "shuuuush", during one point in the ottawa playoff game when I was trying to hear who got what penaties, and she wanted to ask some "silly" question. Slept with one eye open that night. :death: :death:

The area between me and the TV during Sabres games is known as the crease. It is much like the crease in the NHL. Except I still play within the old rules. ;)

I hope it was the one eye we are all thinking of. Or is your nickname now "Bobbitt"? :)

--I flicked off the verizon center crowd once during a kiss cam moment (just kidding).

I was really proud of our two male fans (wearing Sabres jerseys) that were shown on the kiss cam last Saturday at Verizon Center. Once the one guy noticed, he immediately flipped the bird. The perfect response!

Awesome!

Hmm...

--I was about 16 years old, and i went to a reg. season game with rick martin, his son, and my brother. Needless to say, i was the designated driver afterwards. Not too many can say that!

--Because of a connection, i SKATED on the aud ice.

--I purchased $300 worth of first row tickets to the ECF game 1 last year. that was pretty crazy.

--Drank a bottle of wine with Perreault and the aformentioned martin, and clunked bottles with many former sabres... Also finished of numerous coors light tallboys all after one of the stanley cup finals home games. Good times!

--Convinced my former college CC tv manager to switch the satelite dish from c-span to CBC during the sabres/ottawa 1999 series. The kicker... He didn't know the c-band coordinates... I did. We watched all 4 games in french! it was awesome.

hmm, i haven't done anything WAY crazy though.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I've flown to the moon, but i'm sure Corp0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000085 went to the moon with every member of the Sabres Alumni squad.

I've flown to the moon, but i'm sure Corp0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000085 went to the moon with every member of the Sabres Alumni squad.

Well, no, but being close personal friends with Commander Tom, he did get a ride in Rocketship 7.

-When I was at UB, I letter-wrote and petitioned the #%^$#! out of the on-campus cable TV provider and on-campus housing authority until they gave us Empire Sports Network in the dorms and apartments.

-Whenever I travel to an NHL city, I always wear one of my Sabres jerseys for a day - I always meet someone from Buffalo when I wear them.

-Whenever I see an NHL game, in any city and regardless of who's playing, I wear one of my jerseys. That said, Philadelphia had nothing on me when I watched them get soused at home by Tampa Bay (that was the Forsberg ejection game).

-I occaisionally write to the Buffalo News or other national hockey columns when they request content concerning Sabres or Sabres Nation.

playoffs = no shaving

-Every single year.

-I was camping during the ECF this past year. I trekked out of the woods to a pub in a nearby town to watch each and every game.

Crazy? Nah. Devoted? Hell yes.

Well, no, but being close personal friends with Commander Tom, he did get a ride in Rocketship 7.

haha. i bet he did.

oh come on guys... at least i did stay in a holiday inn express last night!

Archived