The New Blue and Gold . vote

humanot

Actually the plan is to sell them for $75 each, for two reasons, one there will be no numbers sewn on, and two because as I said before, there will be very little profit gained from this, only enough to cover costs and pull in some to donate really.

And trust me on this, the percentage of sales I will be giving to the Sabres Foundation will be much more than the percentage of a jerseys sale that end up in the teams pocket. I've learned the percentage of sales divvied out from jerseys are: a far majority going to the manufacturer (Reebok), then the vendor, then the league, then finally the team gets a small percentage. (as is the same with almost all merchandise sales ... the team gets their bulk of profits from ticket sales)

This is ridiculous.

First of all, telling me or anyone else that I'm not a true fan because I choose to wear gear with the official team logo on it is insulting and stupid. I went to my first Sabres game in 1970 and averaged probably 30 games a year for much of my life until I moved out of town 10 years ago. I had shirts, jerseys and hats with the original logo; I had/have items with the black and red. I have NHL Center Ice so my children and I can enjoy watching our team. I have tickets for the one game that I'll have a chance to go to over New Years when my family visits Buffalo to celebrate the holiday. I have been to and have taken my kids to a bunch of out of town games. Don't be so presumptuous as to believe that you can even think about saying to me that I'm not a real fan because I choose not to buy your bootleg merchandise.

I for one have no plans on supporting, purchasing or even considering your "New Blue and Gold" items. I fail to see the point in wearing jerseys that represent nothing. Your attempt at putting together a look that you believe is a fair representation of what you believe the Sabres should look like, while reasonably snazzy and certainly colorful, is irrelevant. It's made for some fictitious hockey team that exists only in the deep recesses of your mind. Your designs didn't get chosen for a lot of reasons, I'm sure. Good try. Now get over yourself and move on. Trying to parlay this "woe is me" attitude into some sort of revenue opportunity, while consistent with the American system of capitalism, is sad at best and illegal at worst.

And for everyone who will support the "NB&G" efforts, go ahead, but frankly it seems a bit goofy to me that you will wear something that represents nothing but some random guy's vision of what he personally wants his team to look like. It would be like choosing to develop a Bills logo with a Buffalo wearing a cowboy hat and sporting a moustache, coloring it silver and green and wearing it around town touting it as the "Real Bills Fan's Sportswear".

Oh, and if you think the Sabres are listening to you and your latest in a series of online polls aimed at changing their minds about the team uniform, forget it. The existence of that poll is as meaningless to them as your jersey designs.

This is ridiculous.

First of all, telling me or anyone else that I'm not a true fan because I choose to wear gear with the official team logo on it is insulting and stupid. I went to my first Sabres game in 1970 and averaged probably 30 games a year for much of my life until I moved out of town 10 years ago. I had shirts, jerseys and hats with the original logo; I had/have items with the black and red. I have NHL Center Ice so my children and I can enjoy watching our team. I have tickets for the one game that I'll have a chance to go to over New Years when my family visits Buffalo to celebrate the holiday. I have been to and have taken my kids to a bunch of out of town games. Don't be so presumptuous as to believe that you can even think about saying to me that I'm not a real fan because I choose not to buy your bootleg merchandise.

I for one have no plans on supporting, purchasing or even considering your "New Blue and Gold" items. I fail to see the point in wearing jerseys that represent nothing. Your attempt at putting together a look that you believe is a fair representation of what you believe the Sabres should look like, while reasonably snazzy and certainly colorful, is irrelevant. It's made for some fictitious hockey team that exists only in the deep recesses of your mind. Your designs didn't get chosen for a lot of reasons, I'm sure. Good try. Now get over yourself and move on. Trying to parlay this "woe is me" attitude into some sort of revenue opportunity, while consistent with the American system of capitalism, is sad at best and illegal at worst.

----------

when Sluggalo first leaked, many on this board were begging him to make his logos available on jerseys.

I don't know where I am on the Sluggalo anymore, except to say that I'm apathetic. I think it's a nice jersey design and color, but the logo is mediocre and I've just gotten used to looking at it. What I do know, however, is that when they wear the classic logo I am extremely happy, the first game they wore them I actually teared up when a slew of memories came back to me.

I should feel that way every time I see the Sabres take the ice, I shouldn't feel apathetic about a mediocre logo. That's what I want out of the team's uniform. I want to be moved to remember being 10 years old and sitting in the Oranges with my dad... I don't like that my brain has learned to ignore the crest on my lifelong favorite team's sweaters.

Maybe Slabyk's jersey's can make other apathetic fans sit up and remember... oh yeah... it wouldn't be that hard to have something modern AND meaningful.

Thank you Orange Seats for so eloquently putting into words what this is all about to me, and anyone who supports this whole thing.

The TRUE FANS GET IT .. is in absolutely no way meant to say that someone who doesn't like my designs isn't a TRUE FAN .. thats ridiculous. Its merely meant to please the fans that have clearly felt this way strongly enough to show me countless and unending support even still. They want this logo gone in the same way the Islanders Gordons Fisherman logo disappeared into history through some fan action. I'm sorry if the tagline comes across that way, that was never intended.

Oh, and if you think the Sabres are listening to you and your latest in a series of online polls aimed at changing their minds about the team uniform, forget it. The existence of that poll is as meaningless to them as your jersey designs.

The poll isn't designed to 'make the team listen', its designed to let me see how much demand there is for these, as well as let me know which jersey to produce for the people that want it. Even if the official logo will never change, plenty of fans have written me requesting that the way they'd like to support the team is by wearing something worthy of the glory of their team. Simple as that ... not to challenge the system, or win a battle, but merely to sport a logo that represents what the team is to THEM. I'm merely trying to give those that have asked for this what they want. If its not representative to what the team is to YOU, so be it, sport the slug with pride and rally behind the team with it ... I'm not hear to tell you that you are wrong, just that you're not of the mindset as everyone.

I also want to say that this thing is basically about getting you guys what you want (if that means something you can't get through the official store), so if the tagline is bad, or if the logo isnt exactly as you'd like it to be, let me know and i'll be changing things to give people what they want.

This isnt about ME coming up with designs and taglines and giving them to YOU, its about me listening to what the fans want, and turning that into something tangible. So the criticism is welcome .. and if it ends up being that fans DON'T want these in production, seeing it as a challenge to the team itself .. then these will not see the light of day.

I'm hear to listen and respond, not tell.

1. The "TRUE FANS GET IT" tag line is absolutely pathetic. Its saying..."Buy my cheap knock off jersey because thats what real fans do", and trying to form some type of elitist group.

2. Echoing above, as interesting as the designs are, they are not Sabres gear, nor do they have anything to do with the sabres. I hated the slug when it came out, but now it is growing on me a bit. I dont see how wearing something that has no ties or representation of the franchise is somehow supporting the team, or makes one a "TRUE FAN"

capitalism at its best! i wish you all the luck in the world, but I can't imagine you will be able to do this w/o the Sabres and/or NHL coming after you for licensing fees.

i also appreciate your time to reply to criticism.

and most importantly to me, any effort to keep the original, yet slightly modified version of the classics, in circulation means there is always hope that the snotsmear will go the way of the goat!

seems like a great idea... it really does... but as some have mentioned the tag line may indeed offend certain people... creating more of a rift between those who wear your stuff and those who like the slug or the older look.... however i do like your modern designs... id like to see a completed version and be interested to see the lettering and numbering design...

1. The "TRUE FANS GET IT" tag line is absolutely pathetic. Its saying..."Buy my cheap knock off jersey because thats what real fans do", and trying to form some type of elitist group.

2. Echoing above, as interesting as the designs are, they are not Sabres gear, nor do they have anything to do with the sabres. I hated the slug when it came out, but now it is growing on me a bit. I dont see how wearing something that has no ties or representation of the franchise is somehow supporting the team, or makes one a "TRUE FAN"

I understand how the tagline appears to come off that way, and I don't want to form any type of 'competition' amongst fans or anything .. so the tagline is probably gonna be pulled. I never meant to come off that way, as you can see in my post above.

As for the "not official merchandise" argument .. I'm at something of a loss to understand this rationale. If you were a huge say, Star Wars fan, and instead of putting up the Officially Liscensed Movie Poster ... you put up an amazing painting of darth vader on your wall ... is it not still as representative of your love for the movie ... but now it also shows you have a love for a specific design that attributes that movie as well. Being officially liscensed and recognized is one thing, but saying that this logo and look can't represent what it very clearly DOES represent to many others is hard for me to understand.

but saying that this logo and look can't represent what it very clearly DOES represent to many others is hard for me to understand.

What is hard to understand? I'd rather buy merchandise(when available) with the original logo instead of this design. I don't get what it accomplishes to walk into the arena with this jersey on?

same thing it 'accomplishes' to walk in wearing a Perrault jersey instead of a Drury one, same thing it accomplishes to wear an AUD jersey instead of a real player, or even the same thing to put YOUR OWN name on the jersey rather than a player ... showing team support, but specifying HOW you choose to support them.

same thing it 'accomplishes' to walk in wearing a Perrault jersey instead of a Drury one, same thing it accomplishes to wear an AUD jersey instead of a real player, or even the same thing to put YOUR OWN name on the jersey rather than a player ... showing team support, but specifying HOW you choose to support them.

Like I said in my original post...just my 2 cents! I'll pass.

I understand how the tagline appears to come off that way, and I don't want to form any type of 'competition' amongst fans or anything .. so the tagline is probably gonna be pulled. I never meant to come off that way, as you can see in my post above.

Hey, i'm all for alternative logo's and all.

I like the modern home, that's what i voted for. $75 is mad cheap, so i'll get one. Also, good to see that the tag is getting pulled.

I think the league and/or the teams should limit the jersey numbers available, like when you played in Little League or midget hockey. That way if your favorite player leaves the team, chances are good that a new player will take that number, and you can just pay some store to switch out the nameplate.

Just thinking out loud here...

This is ridiculous.

And for everyone who will support the "NB&G" efforts, go ahead, but frankly it seems a bit goofy to me that you will wear something that represents nothing but some random guy's vision of what he personally wants his team to look like. It would be like choosing to develop a Bills logo with a Buffalo wearing a cowboy hat and sporting a moustache, coloring it silver and green and wearing it around town touting it as the "Real Bills Fan's Sportswear".

The minute he sells the first one, they will crush him with Lawyers...It will come from the league first to protect the sabres.....The logos are to similar and totally infringe on their COPYRIGHT......

Great post :wallbash:

Archived