GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Yeah, kill his confidence...good idea.

Well, so far it's a GAA of 8.00 in two games. If he's anything like most goalies, I don't think his confidence is completely healthy as it is.

Not sure it's completely gone either, but surely he's not feeling 100% about his gamenow?

Great idea, pull the one guy who shows up.

Well if you could pull the reast of the team, I'm sure that'd be the way to go, but as it is, you pull the goalie.

That'd I agree with, but you've been following this game long enough to know that this is a game of streaks if ever there was one.

My point is just that when things go like they're going now and you need to shake up your team, more often than not, you would pull a goalie who has allowed 8 goals in two games, at least give me that.

Make the world a better place, punch that turtling, diving, cheap ass bastard Tucker in the face...or make him bleed somehow please. Wy does it seem like there are more Leafs fans at the game than Sabres fans. This game, these fans, and this team are pissing me off.

That is the worst second period they have played since the ECF last year. Yikes.. The Leaks totally dominated the Sabres.

How many games have the Sabres played this year where they played good hockey for 60 minutes? Like 3 or 4?

We're seeing an adverse effect from the winning streak these last two games. The Sabres come out flat and are completely baffled when the opposing team isn't letting them do whatever they want.

It's been a while since I've taken stats, but 2 games doesn't exactly constitute a healthy sample size.

Actually, just checking the stats here, it's three games with a GAA of 4-00. He allowed 4 against Atlanta as well. Well not entirely 4.00, there's two OT periods in there as well.

Hasn't been his usual solid self since the SO gainst The Isles, IMHO.

Doesn't matter now anyways though, they need at least 3 in the third.

Actually, just checking the stats here, it's three games with a GAA of 4-00. He allowed 4 against Atlanta as well. Well not entirely 4.00, there's two OT periods in there as well.

Hasn't been his usual solid self since the SO gainst The Isles, IMHO.

Interestly enough, that coincides with when the team started playing poorly in front of him.

I know, I know, Correlation does not equal causation, but still interesting.

Make the world a better place, punch that turtling, diving, cheap ass bastard Tucker in the face...or make him bleed somehow please. Wy does it seem like there are more Leafs fans at the game than Sabres fans. This game, these fans, and this team are pissing me off.

How can people appear so obnoxious on TV?

You can't blame Miller for the goals; they are all the result of wide-open slam dunks after cross-ice passes. The Sabres have to work on that. They also have to work on letting opponents maneuver behind the Buffalo goal.

I expect the Sabres to wake up in the third. You can't go to the well too many times, but I think the Sabres will make the third period interesting.

Let's go guys!

Interestly enough, that coincides with when the team started playing poorly in front of him.

I know, I know, Correlation does not equal causation, but still interesting.

Certainly is, but it's not like the team has been rock solid at any point in this season, so the drop to where they are now is not as far as people seem to believe. So far this season, I don't think they've played one full game of hockey except against The Isles, and seeing as it's The Isles I'm not sure that counts :D

At any rate, I don't mind them getting their heads out of the clouds, just ticks me off that it has to happen like this.

You can't blame Miller for the goals; they are all the result of wide-open slam dunks after cross-ice passes. The Sabres have to work on that. They also have to work on letting opponents maneuver behind the Buffalo goal.

I expect the Sabres to wake up in the third. You can't go to the well too many times, but I think the Sabres will make the third period interesting.

Let's go guys!

Hope you're right, but I'm ALMOST wishing they won't. They need a dose of reality, but why oh why does it have to be on home ice against The Leafs?