GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:00pm. Join us here for game discussion, or in the chatroom.

I sense a major event occuring tonight... Whether it be a monumental whooping, monumental collapse, monumental screwjob, or monumental incident, there's some unfinished business from last year. I don't think the sabres are still over that april fools beatdown, the tucker/hecht thing, the ruff/tucker thing. I don't think the maple leafs are over the playoff elimination drubbing, the peters golf swing, or the tucker/ruff thing. Add peca to the mix, and 6,000+ additional season tickets (6,000 less maple leafs fans) and we've got ourselves a game. I do believe that miller will shine tonight. he's had a crappy couple of games, so tonight is the perfect night to shine... Plus, biron will probably get the start tomorrow, so miller will need a performance to remind everyone that he's the #1 guy.

www.sabrespace.com/fanzone/chat.php

www.wgr550.com

How about stirring up a little controversy? Replace Miller with Biron tonight. Why you ask? GAA home and away. Miller's is 1.72 on the road and 3.30 at home. Since he will most likely sit the next night anyway, why not give Biron a chance at home and start Miller against the NYR?

How about stirring up a little controversy? Replace Miller with Biron tonight. Why you ask? GAA home and away. Miller's is 1.72 on the road and 3.30 at home. Since he will most likely sit the next night anyway, why not give Biron a chance at home and start Miller against the NYR?

depends on miller's psyche at the moment... a move like that might put miller in a mega slump rather than make him play better against the rangers. It just depends on ruff's thinking. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing biron tonight. We'd get to see his new helmet!

I sense a major event occuring tonight... Whether it be a monumental whooping, monumental collapse, monumental screwjob, or monumental incident, there's some unfinished business from last year.

I know what you mean, I have the same kind of portentous uneasiness myself. Something is going to happen tonight, but I don't know what, either. I guess I'll maybe have to think about possibly tuning in, just to be sure. :D

I sense a major event occuring tonight... Whether it be a monumental whooping, monumental collapse, monumental screwjob, or monumental incident, there's some unfinished business from last year. I don't think the sabres are still over that april fools beatdown, the tucker/hecht thing, the ruff/tucker thing. I don't think the maple leafs are over the playoff elimination drubbing, the peters golf swing, or the tucker/ruff thing. Add peca to the mix, and 6,000+ additional season tickets (6,000 less maple leafs fans) and we've got ourselves a game. I do believe that miller will shine tonight. he's had a crappy couple of games, so tonight is the perfect night to shine... Plus, biron will probably get the start tomorrow, so miller will need a performance to remind everyone that he's the #1 guy.

www.sabrespace.com/fanzone/chat.php

www.wgr550.com

Come on Corp, look at the goals themselves and not just the boxscore. You know he's been doing fine.

This is one of the most frustrating things about being a Buffalo sports fan IMHO. Everyone always wants a controversey...the guy on the bench is always better than the guy playing. Miller was the NHL 1st star of the month, is putting up better numbers than he was last year at this time. Not good enough for you? Sure he gave up 4 goals in each of his last 2 starts...His team also made 4 terrible mistakes that led to the 4 goals in Atlanta, and the team was sleepwalking through the first 50 minutes of the Boston game.

I agree that they should split the weekend up, but looking at how things stand right now, tonight is a division game, against a team closer to us in the standings. That means you go with your starter.

EDIT: Apparently Lindy agrees with me: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=Aq_H...re&type=fantasy

It will be interesting to hear the crowd tonight. If there are fewer Leaf fans, I think those who show up will just cheer louder. That's how obnoxious they are. So the effect might be the same. I wonder, though, how many of those Sabre fan season ticket holders sold their tickets to Leaf games.

If the crowd is more anti-Leaf, maybe in some weird way it will help them. I always wondered if the rowdy Leaf fans actually hurt their team -- lost focus, or something, not sure how to explain it. Maybe it will feel more like a hostile road environment, which can tend to help a team bear down. Us against them...

Go Sabres!

This is one of the most frustrating things about being a Buffalo sports fan IMHO. Everyone always wants a controversey...the guy on the bench is always better than the guy playing. Miller was the NHL 1st star of the month, is putting up better numbers than he was last year at this time. Not good enough for you? Sure he gave up 4 goals in each of his last 2 starts...His team also made 4 terrible mistakes that led to the 4 goals in Atlanta, and the team was sleepwalking through the first 50 minutes of the Boston game.

I agree that they should split the weekend up, but looking at how things stand right now, tonight is a division game, against a team closer to us in the standings. That means you go with your starter.

My reference to controversy is that it would go against the pattern to date. If the pattern holds, then Biron will get the start tomorrow night against the NYR. Judging by how Miller does at home, a case could be made that the goalies should be switched this weekend. This is not an argument for the guy on the bench. It is a simple look at the cold, hard facts. Miller, for whatever reason, is a better road goalie so far this year. And better by a significant margin. If the pattern of back-to-back games wasn't there, then the suggestion would never have been made.

Miller is a very good goalie who will probably be given a night off in the next two games. So why not consider the statistics and make tonight his night? That was all there was to question.

I don't get the reference at all to why you think this is an affliction of being a Buffalo sports fan.

While tonight is a division game and has more importance, why not set up to win both by playing the odds? Biron in goal doesn't mean you take it any less seriously or that it is any less important. In fact, giving him an important game at home might just strengthen his play.

Ruff has made his call, so this is an academic exercise/discussion now only.

I should apologize to everyone now. I was putting off getting Center Ice 'cause I thought I'd jinx the team. But I bought it this afternoon.

I'm sorry.

:oops:

Welcome to the land of NHL Hockey every night. What a great concept, hockey when you want it. Provided of course you are not within the black out radius of a team.

Welcome to the land of NHL Hockey every night. What a great concept, hockey when you want it. Provided of course you are not within the black out radius of a team.

Shouldn't be a problem. I live about 3 miles from the Panthers' arena. Tuesday, I bought a ticket for $10. 11th row, and parking was free. I don't think NHL hockey is long for South FL.

Come on Corp, look at the goals themselves and not just the boxscore. You know he's been doing fine.

I'm looking at the goals themselves, and not just the boxscore... he has been doing fine, but not shutout against the islanders, or deflate the red wings good. he needs to get back to that.

I wish this game was in Toronto. Because I wouldn't mind the Leafs winning.

Before your heads explode let me explain.

The only thing the Sabres are missing this season is that Monster Rival. I know the Leafs are considered a rival but they're not considered a threat. With teams like the Bruins and Flyers being the also rans something seems to be missing.

I think the Sabres are going to win the Cup. It would be a bit more enjoyable if the teams that prevented Cups in this teams history were the teams the Sabres beat in the Playoffs.

My Dream playoffs.

1st round Bruins

2nd Round Flyers

3rd Round Leafs

Finals Avs - just because they used to be in Quebec.

I still pine for the old Adams Division. Go ahead. Call me whatever. I'm waiting :bag:

Go Sabres :beer:

I

My Dream playoffs.

1st round Bruins

2nd Round Flyers

3rd Round Leafs

Finals Avs - just because they used to be in Quebec.

I still pine for the old Adams Division. Go ahead. Call me whatever. I'm waiting :bag:

Go Sabres :beer:

1st Round -- Carolina (want their season to end early)

2nd Round -- Thrashers (would be a wild series)

3rd Round -- Anaheim (top two)

4th Round -- Dallas (no need to explain)

That would be tough, wild and would excise some demons

1st Round -- Carolina (want their season to end early)

2nd Round -- Thrashers (would be a wild series)

3rd Round -- Anaheim (top two)

4th Round -- Dallas (no need to explain)

That would be tough, wild and would excise some demons

Yeah would be really tough to move Anaheim to the East sometime between now and June. ;)

I SOOOOO do not care who we play anymore ... screw revenge. Win the damn Cup, I don't care how. I honestly can't say it would be better depending on who they beat. At this point, I am a beggar, not a chooser.

Yeah would be really tough to move Anaheim to the East sometime between now and June. ;)

I SOOOOO do not care who we play anymore ... screw revenge. Win the damn Cup, I don't care how. I honestly can't say it would be better depending on who they beat. At this point, I am a beggar, not a chooser.

I'm also a Red Sox fan. Yes I enjoy pain.

Beating the Yankees the way the Sox did was better then what happened in the actual World Series. Who did they beat. The Cards I think.

I know it shouldn't matter. I just want to rub it the faces of the franchises that for years dismissed the Sabres.

I think the Sabres Cup Parade should go up the QEW to downtown Toronto and back. :chris: