Kozlov.

Eleven

Ok, Bee-atch-yslav. Nice goal tonight; I can't take that away from you, you complete freaking coward. I'm not pissed at the loss; I'm not pissed because the streak is gone. I'm pissed because I still have to watch you Piece-of-Slav play NHL hockey as if you were relevant.

You're on a very, very good team right now. In freaking Georgia. And not the Georgia that your homeland overran, but the Georgia that Sherman overran. I'm sure you're a big star there, right behind Ron Mexico, John Smoltz, and Newt Gingrich. It's ok, "Slava," to use your more feminine, and therefore more accurate, name.

But let's face some facts: (1) Hasek allowed you to be traded here because you were useless to the Wings. (He was right.) (2) You completely cowered out. Instead of "manning up" and helping to turn the Sabres into something, you wanted to get away. (3) As a result, you play for a freaking hockey team IN ATLANTA. I don't care if they pull off the next seven Cups, you're still behind college football, baseball, pro football, college basketball, NASCAR, pro basketball, Democrat bashing, women's pro basketball, tennis, golf, water polo, tobacco spitting, Walmart shopping, rodeo, women's rodeo, Kozlov rodeo, frisbee golf, hacky-sack, and about every other sport or somewhat-organized activity down there in East Alabama. Here, if you had shown some sack, you'd be the toast of the town.

You could have stayed here and have become something. Instead, you pulled up your skirt and took what looked at the time to be the easy way out. And damn, you demanded it, didn't you? A trip to that hockey hotbed, Atlanta, Georgia. (Did they tell you then that this is their second team? Or were they too sick of your whining to care?) How were the playoffs last year? Oh, I forgot--you and the rest of the Atlanta squad "flamed out"--pun intended--and didn't make it. Hey, at least you were on the team, right? Not like that Russian Olympic team that you somehow didn't make for about the fourth try.

Man, you can diss my country (we're not the best global citizens right now), you can diss my state (we do still have the Knicks in residence, after all), but you cannot diss my city and my team. If we meet someday, I will turn into Rob Ray, and you will turn into Jim Kyte.

Hey, again, nice goal. About time you did something in Buffalo; when you actually played here, you did less than Tony Masiello on a Sunday morning. (I know, you had an injury to your cervix and couldn't play the whole season.) But the Sabres are moving on, and if the playoffs make it to Atlanta, it'll be because you're injured, cut, waived, or just holding yourself and crying.

Man that is some of the most poetically crafted invective I've read in a long time. I'm an absolute sucker for a beautifully written tirade, and if I was Jim Rome, I'd rack that take in a second. As much as losing the Shootout sucked, it sucked even more to lose at the hands of Kozlov. But, you are right about the place hockey holds in Georgia. A Cup being hoisted in Atlanta would be more upchuck-y than the Cup being hoisted on Tobaccy Road.

Ok, Bee-atch-yslav. Nice goal tonight; I can't take that away from you, you complete freaking coward. I'm not pissed at the loss; I'm not pissed because the streak is gone. I'm pissed because I still have to watch you Piece-of-Slav play NHL hockey as if you were relevant.

You're on a very, very good team right now. In freaking Georgia. And not the Georgia that your homeland overran, but the Georgia that Sherman overran. I'm sure you're a big star there, right behind Ron Mexico, John Smoltz, and Newt Gingrich. It's ok, "Slava," to use your more feminine, and therefore more accurate, name.

But let's face some facts: (1) Hasek allowed you to be traded here because you were useless to the Wings. (He was right.) (2) You completely cowered out. Instead of "manning up" and helping to turn the Sabres into something, you wanted to get away. (3) As a result, you play for a freaking hockey team IN ATLANTA. I don't care if they pull off the next seven Cups, you're still behind college football, baseball, pro football, college basketball, NASCAR, pro basketball, Democrat bashing, women's pro basketball, tennis, golf, water polo, tobacco spitting, Walmart shopping, rodeo, women's rodeo, Kozlov rodeo, frisbee golf, hacky-sack, and about every other sport or somewhat-organized activity down there in East Alabama. Here, if you had shown some sack, you'd be the toast of the town.

You could have stayed here and have become something. Instead, you pulled up your skirt and took what looked at the time to be the easy way out. And damn, you demanded it, didn't you? A trip to that hockey hotbed, Atlanta, Georgia. (Did they tell you then that this is their second team? Or were they too sick of your whining to care?) How were the playoffs last year? Oh, I forgot--you and the rest of the Atlanta squad "flamed out"--pun intended--and didn't make it. Hey, at least you were on the team, right? Not like that Russian Olympic team that you somehow didn't make for about the fourth try.

Man, you can diss my country (we're not the best global citizens right now), you can diss my state (we do still have the Knicks in residence, after all), but you cannot diss my city and my team. If we meet someday, I will turn into Rob Ray, and you will turn into Jim Kyte.

Hey, again, nice goal. About time you did something in Buffalo; when you actually played here, you did less than Tony Masiello on a Sunday morning. (I know, you had an injury to your cervix and couldn't play the whole season.) But the Sabres are moving on, and if the playoffs make it to Atlanta, it'll be because you're injured, cut, waived, or just holding yourself and crying.

Eleven for President!

Would someone please enlighten me about these acrimonious feelings toward Slava Kozlov? I knew he got sent here for the Hasek trade back in 2002. However, I haven't lived in WNY for the past eight years. I would like an update. Sounds to me like he had some "not so nice" things to say about WNY. (Was it as bad as the Candlebox incident?)

Would you like some cheez with that whine? Whining about that makes me ashamed to be from Buffalo. You completely and utterly captured the way the rest of the country views Buffalo sports fans- as people who WHINE about everything!

Just let it go. This team is not about the past; it's about the present season, culminating in a Stanley Cup parade down Main Street.

And in Russian, "-a" does *not* denote a feminine on a first name.

Would you like some cheez with that whine? Whining about that makes me ashamed to be from Buffalo. You completely and utterly captured the way the rest of the country views Buffalo sports fans- as people who WHINE about everything!

Just let it go. This team is not about the past; it's about the present season, culminating in a Stanley Cup parade down Main Street.

And in Russian, "-a" does *not* denote a feminine on a first name.

I probably wasn't impacted by it as much because I haven't lived in WNY for over 8 years. That may explain why I am oblivious to all the anti-Slava Kozlov rants.

Having said that, when we do win the Cup (mind you, without Kozlov), I'd like to see if he's going to be doing the whining.

Archived