GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I'd be a Rangers fan, like I'm a Yankees fan and not a Blue Jays fan. Gotta root for the home country and state, IMHO.

I'd have to disagree. I live about 20 minutes from Toronto and I'm the biggest sabres fan i know. Unfortunately I don't get the games televised here so it's rick and jim on the radio!!

I'd be a Rangers fan, like I'm a Yankees fan and not a Blue Jays fan. Gotta root for the home country and state, IMHO.

This team is really skating tonight. They are making Montreal look slow and tentative. That Drury goal was as good as it gets in the profession...

Not really a baseball fan, I love to play baseball, but I don't follow it. I liked the old yankees with mattingly and such, but the buy the championship yanks I could care less for. I love the hockey tradition of Montreal and I have alot of respect for the organization. their fans on the other hand...

I'd have to disagree. I live about 20 minutes from Toronto and I'm the biggest sabres fan i know. Unfortunately I don't get the games televised here so it's rick and jim on the radio!!

The Rangers games are on MSG. Most cable companies carry it. And again I couldn't root for a non-American team when there's lots in the US, much less two in NYS to root for.

BTW, the Crosby NHL commercial is great. What an offense the Pens will have once Crosby and Malkin (assuming he doesn't get sent back to Russia) mature.

Edit: Weak call. But I'll take it.

i was a little worried with the 1st period, because it appeared that the canadiens were skating with us... after 2, the sabres are slowly sucking the life out of them. This team is so dominant not because of their quick strike ability but because of their closing ability. Lets see if they can keep up the gameplan and possibly cash in on that PP on the fresh ice.

Anyoe else find it amusing when, during the first Montreal power play, the Vs. announcers mentioned a "diving Roy" and it had nothing to do with a penalty?

Also, is it me or is the video on this game looking very dark?

Screamin', I am pretty disappointed with Vs. entire game presentation. It's a little better than last year, but that isn't saying much. The PP clock goes on and off at random times, the graphic at the top of the screen is way too big, and they have too much BS going on outside the game - the interview with Koivu and the stupid skating robots. OLN/Vs. had an entire year to improve and tweak their presentation, and bring in better producers, but not much is better. They still have trouble following the puck, keep switching to odd camera angles, and their graphics suck.

I hate to perpetuate the "Bufalo gets no respect from national media" stereotype, but given tonight's pregame approach, I could have sworn I was watching on TSN and not Vs. - the whole damn pregame was about Montreal.