Wow It's very Loud in Boston...

elcrusho

That was us! We had a group of 50 near the front of the upper deck, penalty box side, blue line at the end where the Sabres shot twice.

And no, we weren't _all_ scary drunk! :)

'By the third period of last night's 6-2 laugher, the Buffalo leather lungs sitting in the sparsely populated upper bowl at TD Banknorth Garden let 'em rip. "One-two-three-four-five-six," chanted the Buffalo fans after the Sabres netted their sixth goal. "We want seven!"'

Boston Globe story

That was us! We had a group of 50 near the front of the upper deck, penalty box side, blue line at the end where the Sabres shot twice.

And no, we weren't _all_ scary drunk! :)

'By the third period of last night's 6-2 laugher, the Buffalo leather lungs sitting in the sparsely populated upper bowl at TD Banknorth Garden let 'em rip. "One-two-three-four-five-six," chanted the Buffalo fans after the Sabres netted their sixth goal. "We want seven!"'

Boston Globe story

So were you there with the Bills Backers group too?

I haven't had that much fun at a hockey game in a long time. There really is nothing better than frustrating the home fans as much as we did yesterday. The people screaming at us to shut up during the "1,2,3..." chants was great. I also enjoyed all the "Bills sucks" comments being thrown at us. It's a shame that I was there to watch hockey, or else that might effect me. "How 'bout those Bruins"

Yep. I organized the tickets, we had a group of 50.

Ahhh, ok. Sorry, you still can't have my jersey.

It also looked like there was a large group of Sabres fans down at the end of the ice. I wonder if that was just dumb luck or if that was some kind of group too.

i was in the second row of the balcony right behind the net where everyone else was. it would have been nice if my two buddies weren't bruins fans, because i think aside from the novelty of shelling out $80+, i'm the only one of us who had fun.

it was definitely suprising to see so many sabres fans in boston, but i wasn't complaining. as i was waiting to enter hooters on friend st. for din-din, i spotted an original blue jersey in the second story window of beer works across the street. we shared a moment. was that any of you guys?

maybe we should get something together for the jan/feb game (dinner, beers, whatever)? i'm in arizona for the november matchup. just a suggestion.

i was in the second row of the balcony right behind the net where everyone else was. it would have been nice if my two buddies weren't bruins fans, because i think aside from the novelty of shelling out $80+, i'm the only one of us who had fun.

it was definitely suprising to see so many sabres fans in boston, but i wasn't complaining. as i was waiting to enter hooters on friend st. for din-din, i spotted an original blue jersey in the second story window of beer works across the street. we shared a moment. was that any of you guys?

maybe we should get something together for the jan/feb game (dinner, beers, whatever)? i'm in arizona for the november matchup. just a suggestion.

I just got back from Boston, and we were at the game Saturday night (sec. 312, 10th row). A very vocal group of Sabres fans in our section and the adjacent ones. I was surprised first at how many empty seats there were considering how popular hockey is there and the opponent. After we scored, the place was a crypt. Even when they pulled to 2-1 and 4-2, the place cheered for about 30 seconds and then went dead silent once the puck was dropped. There was no sustained cheering.

These teams are an exact mirror of the Patriots and Bills. No matter what the Bruins did in that game, there was never one iota of doubt that we would win. That must be what it is like to watch the Pats play the Bills. Buffalo didn't necessarily play a great game, and they still were in control the entire time.

I do have to say that it was my first trip to TD Banknorth Something-or-other (forget it, the Fleet Center), and it was nice. The view of the game was great even from our cheap seats. We had a good time getting ready for the game down at the bars near Faneuil Hall and had an after game drink at The Harp. Good time, good game.

They've got a crappy team with expensive tickets. With at least 3 college games in the area that night, if you're a family, where would you go?

No, I don't blame 'em, and you are right about expensive tickets. But, even the Amerks games at the end of last season had ten times the energy at the Fleet Center.

We had a group from the Bills Backers together before the game (and afterwards ;-) Best bet is to sign up on our mailing list; we're getting a group together for the february game.

www.bostonbillsbackers.com

jc

Archived