GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

gametime: 8:00pm

join us here before, during and after the game for some talk on the play. also, we'll be in the chatroom.

as for the game... letdown after tuesday's murder? i doubt it, but you never know... The sabres will want to beat the hurricanes at home, and prove that they're not going to let up. This is an important game for both teams, as the hurricanes look to get revenge for one of their banner celebration nights being tarnished... the sabres look to keep on truckin against playoff teams. my prediction? sabres 4 carolina 3

Even though we're 6-0, it'd be a massive disappointment if Carolina came here and won. Maybe it's just me, but i'm not over it yet. I want us to beat them. However, i've read alot on others forums and on wgr, maybe thing another blowout, but idk, Carolina is a good team if we like to accept that or not.

Their coming off 2 stright good games i believe, Cam Ward is playing well and they want to prove they are still the best by beating us. I think it's a big game for both teams, i know it's early in the year.

That all said, i think 2-0 Buffalo. Miller stands on his head and is the best player in the game. Vanek and Briere score the goals.

ps... i'll be in 116, 4th row in the old white #48 Briere.

Even though we're 6-0, it'd be a massive disappointment if Carolina came here and won. Maybe it's just me, but i'm not over it yet. I want us to beat them.

I completely agree; each time we play the HatedCanes, it's personal. Especially on our ice. I don't want them to even think they have a chance of competing in this game. I am all for a total thumping. These are statement games. Thump 'em and they begin to question if they can compete.

Under no circumstances should they be allowed to take that bus back to the airport with a "W".

I hope the Sabres check the living daylights out of Staal.

I agree. I can't stand Staal and his diving crap.

Now please note, that unlike Flyers fans I am not calling for him to get plowed through the boards from behind. I'll settle for him going home with no points and another notch in the L column.

That said, I certainly wouldn't mind Campbell "Umberger'ing" him 2 minutes into the first, but I doubt it's gonna happen.

Sounds like the HatedCanes are hurting just a bit coming into this game

Buffalo - Center Tim Connolly (10/3, Concussion) is sidelined indefinitely.

Carolina - Defenseman Glen Wesley (10/17, undisclosed) is day-to-day. Forward Andrew Ladd (10/16, arm) is sidelined indefinitely. Defenseman Bret Hedican (10/17, undisclosed) is day-to-day. Forward Trevor Letowski (10/16, head) is sidelined indefinitely. Center Keith Aucoin, foot, day-to-day. Forward Cory Stillman (10/4, shoulder) is sidelined indefinitely. Defenseman Frantisek Kaberle (10/4, shoulder) is sidelined indefinitely.

For some reason, they seem like Sabres fans like we like Leaf (or Canes) fans... :)

Canes Game Thread

Yeah tell them to go eff themselfs. We out chanted them in their own building. I'd be mad too. I was there for game 5 and i didn't see much trouble, Canes fans were just as much responsible to most of the madness that did happen, it wasn't just one way.

And who can blame us for laughing at their Ric Flair WHOOOOOOOOO after they scored. It's corny and stupid. I hate Carolina more then any other team.

We might hate to admit it, but Carolina is a really good team. Both teams are going to be fired up each time they meet this year. Both have a lot of speed and skill, and both have good goaltending. None of the games is going to be a blowout, including tonight's.

Sabres win, 3-2.

Reading the Canes board, I find it kind of funny that we Sabres fans are full of excuses. This actually seems to be what I've heard from Canes fans other places as well.

Is their understanding of the game so superficial that they don't think losing 4 of your top 6 defensemen is going to have an effect on the outcome?

Reading the Canes board, I find it kind of funny that we Sabres fans are full of excuses. This actually seems to be what I've heard from Canes fans other places as well.

Is their understanding of the game so superficial that they don't think losing 4 of your top 6 defensemen is going to have an effect on the outcome?

I am enjoying this rivalry. They won the ECF but in some ways we still embarrassed them.

Lindy got into their heads, the invasion of the south got into their heads, and we nearly took over their building.

They won but are still a little sore about it. :lol:

Amazingly Fitzpatrick and Janik are getting a lot of minutes for Vancouver and Tampa

We might hate to admit it, but Carolina is a really good team. Both teams are going to be fired up each time they meet this year. Both have a lot of speed and skill, and both have good goaltending. None of the games is going to be a blowout, including tonight's.

Sabres win, 3-2.

I have no problem at all admitting that the Canes are a really good team. I really don't hate that team at all, they were as deserving as any of the final four last year in taking home the Cup. I have been following sports long enough to know that in addition to being good you also need some luck to take it all. Our bad luck was their good luck and they took advantage and rode it to the Cup. Good for them.

It's their fans I find it hard to have much respect for.

Canes get slugged tonight, 4-1.