Flyers Message Board

UnionAMG

I used to read this message board last year when we were playing the flyers in the playoffs and it was pretty entertaining to read some of the flyers fans bi+ching and moaning about the "new" NHL being weak and turned players into pu$$ies. It always made me laugh then... but checking it tonight took it to a whole other level.

Check it out if your bored.

FlyersPhans Message Board

Check out the GDT Flyers vs. Sabres for up to the minute suicide watch on the cryers' fans

34 pages??

I know, its more of a chat room than a message board. Right now, there is 35 members checking out that particular thread, and it seems like they get at least a couple posts per minute, so that thread has gotten pretty long, and the longer it goes the funnier it is!

This site is hiliarious. Say what you will, but there is a very funny sarcastic humor running through many of their posts. Good cheap comedy.

I liked the picture that showed 9 pucks going over Esche's shoulder.

I can relate to their pain. I watched Chicago run all over the Bills one week and then watched Roy Williams run free all over the secondary the next week.

I especially got a kick out of several posters who suggested that the Flyers should have started to take runs at the Sabres after the game was out of reach "to maintain their pride". No wonder their team blows - this is 1970's "Broad Street Bullies" mentality. So, didn't the Flyers try that in Game 2 of the playoffs last year? What happened? They looked like idiots, they took a bunch of penalties and they still lost the game AND the series. How's about their GM goes out and gets some players who can skate? I can hear Ken Hitchcock's and Bob Clarke's arteries hardening as I write.....

:rolleyes: Ed

Man - that is some priceless stuff over there! Flyer fans(?) are turning on their team big time! One poster says the Flyers need a goon - they have one in Hatcher but he is the wrong kind of goon - just big and slow. This is all on Clarkie trying to build a team like the one he was on in 1975. I have hated that gap-toothed rat since then. He apparently does not get it - you would think that after what the Sabres did to the flyers in the playoffs last year that his arrogance and stubbornness would subside and he would get some players that could skate. Read some of those threads and enjoy what the posters are saying about their own team. I know we are just 6 games into the season and hopefully Lindy and the boys are keeping this thing on an even keel. But the way we finished the regular season last year ( with a full complement of D-men) and the way we have started out of the gate has been amazing to see. Great days to be a Sabres fan

As much as I like to watch their board meltdown, I think they are finally realizing that they don't have the speed or skill to play in the new NHL, and that Bobby Clarke doesn't know WTF he is doing as GM.

Last year that board was littered with threads like "New NHL Sucks" and "NHL is now figure skating with sticks" and "NEW NHL is for pu$$ies." There are still a couple threads here and there with the same setniment, but mostly their fans are pissed about Clarke not being able to put together a team that doesn't get embarassed, and Hitchcock doing a crappy job as HC.

Either way, its still fun to watch... ;)

It looks like it may be that way for a while...

Nolan Baumgartner 2 year deal

Denis Gauthier 3 year deal

Derian Hatcher 3 years left on deal

Mike Rathje 4 years left on deal

I cannot begin to describe how hilarious I find the current Flyers. By god, who the h*** signs these guys to long term deals such as the ones you just listed?

There was a piece done some time ago from the now closed www.clarkemustgo.com site, called "A day in the life of Bob Clarke". Did some Google'ing and found it HERE.

Give it a read. Absolutely hilarious, and not far from the truth at all.

Bob Clarke, Sir - You are the weakest link. Please keep up the excellent work :D

Archived