The sky is falling

Monkeygirl

Perhaps I should've explained. It's a horizontal grape vine that's probably 10 feet by 6 feet. It's been there for like 40 years so obviously it survived past blizzards like 77' and all the others but this is different. The grapes and leaves are still there and the weight of all the wet snow just did it in. Kind of sad to see but that's the risk you take I guess. I've never seen it snow so early in October in the 13 years I've lived here.

That cancelled my trip in for the weekend. Disappointing since I had tix for the game Saturday.

You think that's bad?

I had tickets to Sabres/Red Wings, MSU/OS and Bills/Lions....

And i was gonna visit a couple of buddies of mine in MSU.

Totally sucks. Hopefully Sabres win tonight and bring some much needed happiness to the region.

That would bother me if I didn't drive in for the Pittsburgh game last year in December. I hit at least 4 whiteouts during the drive.

No point in driving up to stay at my Dad's house if he doesn't have power.

So pick up a generator down in Jersey and surprise him. It's not like the power never goes out in WNY.

It looks like you might get lucky with the game Saturday as there is a slight chance the Sabres will postpone the game. They're supposed to decide tomorrow afternoon.

That would bother me if I didn't drive in for the Pittsburgh game last year in December. I hit at least 4 whiteouts during the drive.

No point in driving up to stay at my Dad's house if he doesn't have power.

haha i did the same drive last year! lol glad i wasn't alone.

haha i did the same drive last year! lol glad i wasn't alone.

Yeah, that drive was crazy. I thought it was bad driving through PA...then we got near the Buffalo airport. I was honestly worried that the teams weren't going to make it in since they just finished up the first half of the back to back in Pittsburgh.

Evening chaps/chapesses,

I have just watched last nights game, we only get it Nasn over here so watched it AS live, they showed you have a little problem with some snow. I hope everyone is ok.

Now just to make sure that if you have a ticket for tonight that you don't wooss out just because of a little snow.

Good luck.

Not to worry. Most of the natives brave it pretty well. Granted, I live in Alabama now (but that's soon to change w/ an upcoming move to Virginia). If I was single, I might move back to Buffalo.

At any rate, Buffalo probably gets as much snow as London does rain. I bet that even Ben Nevis doesn't get as much snow! :P

Thought I'd share some photos with you guys so those outside the Buffalo area can see some of what happened.

These are photos of my yard and my neighbor's tree as well as one my wife snapped of the cemetary in Lackawanna as we drove past. These were all taken Friday morning. Also bear in mind I live in the southtowns and we were hit considerably less than the northtowns.

Short Slideshow

Archived