Sabres ink Dennis

X. Benedict

I read a while back that scouts weren't too high on Dennis becoming a No. 1 NHL type. I remember then seeing that Swedish guy we drafted was our most promising prospect. Well, just gotta keep planting the seeds and see which ones grow blossom I suppose. As for Marty, I think we're going to hang on to him down to the wire before pushing that trade button.

Corp, you seem a bit anxious to trade Biron. Why? Or am I misreading your comments?

personally, i'm not anxious to trade biron. I think that the biron/miller tandem is great, no matter the cost. However, i was just wondering if this signing (a prospect to a relatively long term deal) had any implications on a potential trade that may be in the works. If i were darcy, i'd hold my cards... you only dump biron if the team is not going to make the playoffs and use him as a rent-a-player trade bait. Biron will get his chance as a #1 guy, and his payday next year, but he'll get his cup with the sabres this year...

plus you implied that i was talking about biron... I still want to see the blockbuster ryan miller for Kevin Dallman trade.

Archived