LEAFS WATCH.

X. Benedict

Listening to Toronto radio, they think Kubina may have torn his MCL.

Not good new for Toronto's D and powerplay.

Ouch.

I was watching parts of that game. The knee bent REAL bad when he got hit. His leg was out far to his side with the knee locked and it bent inward quite a bit (~30 deg angle).

I got a bit of a chuckle from the announcers though. They were pointing out how he was putting weight on the leg as he skated off. If he tears a ligament, there will be no issue with putting weight on it. The issue is twisting the knee at all. He didn't bend the knee even slightly to either side as he went off.

Maybe he got lucky and just hyperextended some ligaments, but I doubt it.

Sucks for Kubina, but as for the Leafs, I laugh. They lost one defencemen, boo hoo, a couple months ago I would have been happy to only lose one defencemen

Yeah, but Toronto only has 2 decent defenseman. Now they're going to have to give more playing time to Hal Gill. :o

The northeast division is drooling right about now.

my blue and gold brethren, rejoice not in a rival's injury misfortunes, for, verily i say unto to you, the hockey gods shall smite thy team likewise if you so rejoiceth.

... then again, the hockey gods should be done with us for a while, given the can of whoop as* they opened on us last spring.

my blue and gold brethren, rejoice not in a rival's injury misfortunes, for, verily i say unto to you, the hockey gods shall smite thy team likewise if you so rejoiceth.

... then again, the hockey gods should be done with us for a while, given the can of whoop as* they opened on us last spring.

Kubina just got there.

Maybe the Hockey Gods wanted him to remain in Tampa.

The hockey gods will *never* be done with us, I fear :(

yea, thou speaketh the truth, wise Audsmell. instant karma's gonna get you.

Archived