Some newbie wallpapers

Hsoj25

So I was messing with teaching myself some 3d modelling and decided to try do the sabres logos. They turned out better than I expected but i know they arent super great (my artistic skills leave much to be desired) - anyway I thought maybe some others might like to use them for a wallpaper or something so im throwing them out there :)

Here ya go

So I was messing with teaching myself some 3d modelling and decided to try do the sabres logos. They turned out better than I expected but i know they arent super great (my artistic skills leave much to be desired) - anyway I thought maybe some others might like to use them for a wallpaper or something so im throwing them out there :)

Here ya go

Awesome, dude. I used the design with both logs as my wallpaper. Nice job.

Here ya go

Why is their arabic in the middle of the second to last logo?

Yeah make sure to view them at full size or they will look weird and blocky. I used Blender, a free, open source 3d program. Workin on a couple more but the red and black logo is pretty complicated so its taking a little while :)

I've used 3ds Max to make my 3d stuff, myself. I have made the old school and the AGH but no a.s.s.. Normally I just use them making special f/x for the Sabre videos I put together. Below is a link to one I made last year during the playoffs. It is not easy to see, but the AGH is 3d and extruded just like Hosj25's. I made several very highly detailed versions but for what I was using, low detail was all that was required.

Bring on Ottawa!

Yeah make sure to view them at full size or they will look weird and blocky. I used Blender, a free, open source 3d program. Workin on a couple more but the red and black logo is pretty complicated so its taking a little while :)

I wondered why you didn't have a setup for the old Goathead. I miss it dearly. :(

I've added a few more (and cleaned up the others) now - finished the red and black logo and added one with all three, and put up a widescreen version for el chucko - hope thats what you were looking for. If anyone else has any special requests for size/view/whatever I'd be happy to accomodate you if I can.

http://www.rit.edu/~jsl6906/Sabres

Here ya go

Love the one with all three logos. Thanks, man.

In case anyone is interested, I've just added a couple more raw images of the wordmark and a wallpaper of it which I think turned out nicely

new wallpaper: http://www.rit.edu/~jsl6906/Sabres/wallpaper4.jpg

everything: http://www.rit.edu/~jsl6906/Sabres

Hsoj25, great work on the wallpapers - I really like no. 4 & 5, utilizing the "B logo as the focus...real nice work there.

Archived