I love Peca's Comments...

elcrusho

"Maybe they are trying to appease some of the traditionalists by bringing the old colours back. But this style, new and funky, well, it's a terrible combination, in my opinion," said Maple Leafs forward Michael Peca, the former Sabres captain who still lives in the Buffalo area.

Amazing...

LINK

I'm getting a little tired of this jersey non-sense. I'm not huge on the logo, but I think the sweater looks pretty darn good. It's not like the Islanders fisherman, or the Canucks flying V. There have been a ton of bad jerseys in recent years. The Dallas Stars had one, the flames horse-head was ridiculous. Don't even get me started on the Coyotes.

I think the design is sleek, looks strong, nice colors. Would I have done it differently? Yes, I would have done some things differently, but it's not that bad. I can still be proud of that jersey.

But I think all this whining has made it's way into the general population. It went from being a few disgruntled Sabre fans, heck maybe a lot, to being part of Jay Ontrait's comments last night on TSN. I tuned in to see the laughable Leaf hi-lights and Ontrait made sure he threw in a vehement description of the Sabres "ugly" jerseys. Then, I'm reading a few posts on TSN and a few guys are mentioning how ugly the shirts are and that Buffalo is the armpit of North America and so on.

I'm not from Buffalo, but seems to me you do yourself a bigger disservice to your team and your city than you think by dissing your own. Maybe it's time to move on and embrace. Personally, I'd be insulted as a Buffalo citizen at how some of the reporters and posters were slagging my town, because of some new hockey jerseys.

People around North America have noticed what you Buffalonians have said, and we all know how easily people are influenced by opinions. Embrace the jerseys, embrace your team, embrace your damned city and get on with it. I thought those white shirts looked pretty darn good last night, even with the new strange logo.

Ugly is ugly. People recognize it. But some don't want to hear it -- it's politically incorrect I guess. Better to just gloss things over and hope they don't say bad things about Buffalo. The world has trouble speaking the truth anymore. Must have trickled down from GWB.

Maybe you guys should change the name of this website to the Logo Report.

What would you like to discuss? Start a thread.

If you don't want to read a particular member drone on about whatever it is you don't like, click that member's name. Under profile options, choose to ignore them.

The logo stuff probably settle down once the season gets started.

At least until the throwbacks get worn for the first time... :P

Ugly is ugly. People recognize it. But some don't want to hear it -- it's politically incorrect I guess. Better to just gloss things over and hope they don't say bad things about Buffalo. The world has trouble speaking the truth anymore. Must have trickled down from GWB.

OK, how's this for the truth, the uniforms are ugly, but Peca whored himself to a team that hasn't sniffed the Stanley Cup in 40 years, and probably won't do so for another 40 years.

So have fun playing in those traditional unis Pecs, traditional in the sense that they're always on the hanger when the Finals roll around.

Anything looks good on a Stanley Cup banner. That's the bottom line. Save the rest of the talk for Joan Rivers on the red carpet.

I'm getting a little tired of this jersey non-sense. I'm not huge on the logo, but I think the sweater looks pretty darn good. It's not like the Islanders fisherman, or the Canucks flying V. There have been a ton of bad jerseys in recent years. The Dallas Stars had one, the flames horse-head was ridiculous. Don't even get me started on the Coyotes.

I think the design is sleek, looks strong, nice colors. Would I have done it differently? Yes, I would have done some things differently, but it's not that bad. I can still be proud of that jersey.

But I think all this whining has made it's way into the general population. It went from being a few disgruntled Sabre fans, heck maybe a lot, to being part of Jay Ontrait's comments last night on TSN. I tuned in to see the laughable Leaf hi-lights and Ontrait made sure he threw in a vehement description of the Sabres "ugly" jerseys. Then, I'm reading a few posts on TSN and a few guys are mentioning how ugly the shirts are and that Buffalo is the armpit of North America and so on.

I'm not from Buffalo, but seems to me you do yourself a bigger disservice to your team and your city than you think by dissing your own. Maybe it's time to move on and embrace. Personally, I'd be insulted as a Buffalo citizen at how some of the reporters and posters were slagging my town, because of some new hockey jerseys.

People around North America have noticed what you Buffalonians have said, and we all know how easily people are influenced by opinions. Embrace the jerseys, embrace your team, embrace your damned city and get on with it. I thought those white shirts looked pretty darn good last night, even with the new strange logo.

Rabbit, there is no way you will convince me that the Make Us Laugh fans that were dumping on the City and Citizens of Buffalo would not have done that had the Sabres worn their originals, their B&R, or a GOOD new design.

A lot of opposing fans that have nothing left to hang their hat on, especially those fans of teams that believe they have a birthright in the SCF's tend to have a hard time accepting the fact that their team sucks. Loaf and Phlyer fans are notorious for this. The Loaf fan clearly can't say his team is better than the Sabres, but he needs to blow off steam anyhow. How does he do it? He takes a dump on the Queen City.

And, in case you didn't notice, fans talk trash even when their team is solid. See the Carolina fan's "Buffalo sucks and their fans are worse" rants and Sabre's fan's "the few Caniacs that actually exist are ignorant rednecks, the rest that call themselves Caniacs but can't name more than 3 players in the NHL (much less just on the Canes) are self-deluding, ignorant rednecks" for a prime example of this.

Ever since '77, non-WNYers have loved railing on about how WNY (and Buffalo in particular) is a horrible place to live. The jokes and the putdowns started long before the abominable snot smear was even a glimmer in Larry Quinn's eye.

I do appreciate the concern for how you think people from my hometown are being viewed. But remember, the "V" unis were universally ridiculed when they came out and Al Gore hadn't even invented the internet yet, so although 'Nuck fans were embarrassed by what their team was wearing, they weren't the source of the ridicule. Management was. And, I honestly don't recall hearing a single comment about how horrible a place Vancouver is to live because of the unis. People in TO that want to dump on Buffalo weren't waiting for the abominable snot smear to do it.

What would you like to discuss? Start a thread.

If you don't want to read a particular member drone on about whatever it is you don't like, click that member's name. Under profile options, choose to ignore them.

The logo stuff probably settle down once the season gets started.

At least until the throwbacks get worn for the first time... :P

I would have to ignore over 50% of this board if I chose that option. <_<

I don't want to start a thread, because if I did I'm sure someone would work in some talk about how the logo has adversely affected the topic the thread is about.

RJ is going to retire? "It's the logo's fault!"

Briere hurt his leg in a preseason game? "He was laughing too hard at the logo to watch where he was skating! It's the logo's fault!"

And so on...

I would have to ignore over 50% of this board if I chose that option. <_<

I don't want to start a thread, because if I did I'm sure someone would work in some talk about how the logo has adversely affected the topic the thread is about.

RJ is going to retire? "It's the logo's fault!"

Briere hurt his leg in a preseason game? "He was laughing too hard at the logo to watch where he was skating! It's the logo's fault!"

And so on...

I will go back to my first question. What would you like to discuss? You only say you don't want to discuss the logo.

I promise you that if it is as interesting and as provocative as the logo debacle, people will follow your lead. They may be sick of it too...

Too bad our players probably aren't allowed to say anything about the jersey...Pominville likes the jersey? I sincerely doubt that. I'm glad Peca said something about it too, but as others have said, he's probably got more things to worry about like the pathetic team he's playing on

:lol: He disagrees with you, so he must be lying.

Who the f@#k cares what Michael Peca thinks. Hey Pecs. Did you happen to take your eyes off the Sabres new sweaters at the end of the game long enough to glance at the scoreboard? Get used to it, dude.

Totally...

Dude, do you live in Harrisburg? I live right near there!!

Planet Bizarro it is. I think they look good. As I said, I would change a couple of things, but nobody called to consult me on it.

I think 90% of all complainers in this forum got themselves worked into a tizzy because the Sabres didn't do exactly as the complainers had hoped. After that, the whole thing has been academic...the 90% weren't going to accept anything less than a virtual re-doing of the old, original jersey. You wouldn't admit you like the new jerseys if your life depended on it.

I guess they are kind of similar to the Predators, and they do remind me of the St.Louis Rams. I like those unis too. The Sabres new jerseys are not that bad, but no-one who pre-decided they would suck based on the logo, will ever admit it, and seem bent on discreditting the opinions of those of us who are trying to give it a chance.

So be it.

Oh, and one last thing. I'm right and the complainers are all wrong. Nah-nah-na-na-nah.

Planet Bizarro it is. I think they look good. As I said, I would change a couple of things, but nobody called to consult me on it.

I think 90% of all complainers in this forum got themselves worked into a tizzy because the Sabres didn't do exactly as the complainers had hoped. After that, the whole thing has been academic...the 90% weren't going to accept anything less than a virtual re-doing of the old, original jersey. You wouldn't admit you like the new jerseys if your life depended on it.

I guess they are kind of similar to the Predators, and they do remind me of the St.Louis Rams. I like those unis too. The Sabres new jerseys are not that bad, but no-one who pre-decided they would suck based on the logo, will ever admit it, and seem bent on discreditting the opinions of those of us who are trying to give it a chance.

So be it.

Oh, and one last thing. I'm right and the complainers are all wrong. Nah-nah-na-na-nah.

If not for the abominable snot smear across the front of it, I would say I like the blue one. Because there is an abominable snot smear across the front of it, I will not buy one.

I do not like the white one, but have stated that if it didn't have an abominable snot smear across the front of it, it could grow on me. I don't know that it would have, but it was possible but for the abominable snot smear across the front of it. I don't see that happening any time within the next 3 years now.

When I go to check the stats on Yahoo or TSN in a couple of weeks, I won't be greeted with a rendered view of the whole blue uni. I will be greeted with a rendering of an abominable snot smear. I might not be as frustrated with the abominable snot smear so much if it wasn't going to be the graphic that will be used everywhere to represent the Sabres. Heck, if they would have had something that's actually GOOD (and I've seen a LOT of good designs, some paying homage to the traditional B&G and some that are not based on any of the existing logos (gasp!) or even the shatanic goathead) as a primary logo, I could probably by Christmas time bring myself to ask the wife for one for Christmas even if the abominable snot smear were the shoulder patch. Because then, the abominable snot smear would be much smaller and rather discrete (or at least as discrete as a snot smear can be) and would not be thrown in my face everytime I try to check up on some of the Sabres stats.

One good thing about the launch of the snot smear being such a fiasco is it didn't make it into THN's Yearbook. I guess I have to be thankful for small favors.

I think this will be my last post on the subject as talking about it ends up as frustrating as looking at it. (I won't promise it's my last, but for Apus' sake I will try not to post on this subject any more.)

the jerseys are still brand new Rabbit. i'm still adjusting to it and i still think it sucks and until the season progresses and more important things arise it is the topic du jour. Oh, and who ever came up with 'snot smear' i want to buy your beers next time i am in buffalo.

i realize you are exaggerating, saying people will blame this and that on the jersey, but you are picking out a few isolated posts. most jersey posts (the ones that dislike it anyway) just wanted an update on the classic and not to be told by some Ivy-league markting types that this is what hockey fans want...

oh, and here is another thing - eachr time we visit an arena for the first time this year wearing those God-awful Pee-Wee house league uni's, the home team announcers and/or beat writers are going to comment on them. We in turn then comment on those things. I would strongly suggest get used to it by skipping over those threads and posts or whatever it takes.

Archived