I love Peca's Comments...

elcrusho

the jerseys are still brand new Rabbit. i'm still adjusting to it and i still think it sucks and until the season progresses and more important things arise it is the topic du jour. Oh, and who ever came up with 'snot smear' i want to buy your beers next time i am in buffalo.

i realize you are exaggerating, saying people will blame this and that on the jersey, but you are picking out a few isolated posts. most jersey posts (the ones that dislike it anyway) just wanted an update on the classic and not to be told by some Ivy-league markting types that this is what hockey fans want...

oh, and here is another thing - eachr time we visit an arena for the first time this year wearing those God-awful Pee-Wee house league uni's, the home team announcers and/or beat writers are going to comment on them. We in turn then comment on those things. I would strongly suggest get used to it by skipping over those threads and posts or whatever it takes.

It is kind of hard when every thread turns into a discussion of the logo.

It is kind of hard when every thread turns into a discussion of the logo.

I hear that, but I think both sides are at fault here - those of us who hate it are still venting, but the ones who couldn't care less about the slug have to interject their witty, insightful comments into each thread, like "I know, the slug was the reason Briere was laughing so hard that he fell and hurt his hip" or "I'm sure Ryan was just distracted by the bright yellow logo and couldn't focus on the puck."

Funny thing is, those tired of the logo threads are whining about the "whiners" quite a bit - and its getting just as obnoxious...

I propose that no matter your feelings about the logo and the unis, we all try to keep any new posts in the already established threads. (And BTW - if the thread title is "these logos suck" or something similar, and you don't want to hear the "whining" then feel free to NOT click on that thread. Really, it will save us all a lot of grief... :P)

I think 90% of all complainers in this forum got themselves worked into a tizzy because the Sabres didn't do exactly as the complainers had hoped.
Face it, when you're stating "90% complaining over the LOGO", over 25,000 petition signatures to FIX THE LOGO, and Toronto Sports Beat writers are horrified at the LOGO....I'd say the problem is a freakin' YELLOW blob ON the jersey. :angry:

Realistically, think about this. Had the new jerseys come out as it looks when discussing the color shades & with a logo done in a manner such as Celsius Designs...then I can pretty much guarantee that there wouldn't have been anywhere near the talk that has generated about the new jerseys. We all would have been content in having some sort of blue & gold color scheme.

Archived