ENOUGH OF THE JERSEY POSTS!!!

rickshaw

For the love of god, how long is this going to continue.

We've beaten this thing to death. It is what it is and all the whining will do nothing.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Time will tell.

But to read post after post about this and that and how the arms might cost us a Cup, etc. Come on.

Instead of all this negative energy, let's spend it getting excited about this team. They could wear #%^$#! for all I care, as long as they win.

Honestly, look at how many posts there are and tell me it's not enough to make you sick.

The logo sucks, the colours are nice. They are the Buffalo Sabres' uniforms. That's it!

Please let's talk hockey, not fashion.

Get a grip already. The uniforms were actually unveiled yesterday. If there was EVER a time to talk about it - that would be now.

A quick scan down the front page doesn't reveal any new threads from you. Lead by example, not by complaining.

The logo sucks, the colours are nice. They are the Buffalo Sabres' uniforms. That's it!

Actually, I'm not impressed with the color, either. Look at the pic on the front page of the Bflo News Sports section this am. The new jersey looks black. I thought the old blue sweater looked like black on tv most of the time and the new one is definitely going to look like black on tv. LQ says the technology isn't quite there to make royal blue gear? WTF????

We've beaten this thing to death. It is what it is and all the whining will do nothing.

But to read post after post about this and that and how the arms might cost us a Cup, etc. Come on.

Instead of all this negative energy, let's spend it getting excited about this team. They could wear #%^$#! for all I care, as long as they win.

Honestly, look at how many posts there are and tell me it's not enough to make you sick.

Quinny toold us to wait until we see the big picture. Now that we do, people want to vent. If you don't want to discuss, good for you.

You just created a new post about the jerseys. And you are whining.

Hmmm.............

Wouldn't this count as a "jersey post"?

I agree with you Ink.

It's time this board looks more like 'Hockey Night in Canada' than ' eye for the straight guy'.

How about some of these topics?

Blueline toughness.

Sabres being up against the cap.

Biron still on the roster.

The pressure on B-Rod because of the $5 million price tag.

Game one against the 'Canes.

Come on ladies. Enough of high fashion and let's get into hockey mode. ;)

Blueline toughness....You're preaching to the choir. Very interesting to see how this works out. Also lost a lot of size upfront with Grier, Dumont and Pyatt moving on.

Sabres being up against the cap....never thought I'd see the day when this would be a problem ;)

Biron still on the roster....It looks like Marty is here to stay until at least the trade deadline. The only problem with dealing him then...who would fill the #2 goalie role?

The pressure on B-Rod because of the $5 million price tag....Don't you worry about Briere. I'll be looking for you at the end of the season when his point total is 90+ :P

Game one against the 'Canes...F*** THEM! Sabres 5 Canes 2

Heh, your signature makes me sad, since instead of playing for a goathead they'll be playing for a slug. :(

Yea, maybe he would've said something different if he knew what the new logo would look like. I actually just changed my name from goatheadspirit to slugspirit yesterday with the unveiling.

Wouldn't this count as a "jersey post"?

I agree with you Ink.

It's time this board looks more like 'Hockey Night in Canada' than ' eye for the straight guy'.

Blueline toughness.

Sabres being up against the cap.

Biron still on the roster.

The pressure on B-Rod because of the $5 million price tag.

Game one against the 'Canes.

Come on ladies. Enough of high fashion and let's get into hockey mode. ;)

Technically it is a jersey post. But you all know what I mean. It's been beaten to death. Let's talk hockey.

Hey, don't blame me. I'm just the messenger. If you think the idea of losing a Cup is ridiculous, go ask Teppo, the longtime NHL defenseman. He's the one who brought up the concern.

If Teppo used that as an excuse as to the reason they didn't win the Cup, after wearing the duds for 8 months, I'd tell him to go fly a kite.

That is hogwash and a terrible excuse. They wouldn't use their 5 injured players in the playoffs excuse, but they'll blame the uni??

Teppo's comment was stupid.

Teppo didn't say it could cost them a Cup. I did. A bit of hyperbole, but still possible. Teppo was pointing out how the jersey design could confuse a defenseman who's in a tight spot and has to make a split second decision based on his peripheral vision (again, my interpretation -- I'm too lazy to cut and paste the actual quote, but I think that's what he was getting at). Now, if you want to challenge Teppo on this point go ahead. But I'd love to see your credentials next to his.

PA

He can say that he might make a bad pass because of the jerseys all he wants, but the point is this. He shouldn't. He is a pro and should know who he's passing to no matter the colour of the arms of jerseys.

It's a very weak argument and I will stand by it, credentials or not. That is a poor excuse for turning the puck over. Period.

Archived