Buffaslug Center Ice Pic

Preds

the irony in this all...

1. the new logo has been compared to a mullet. which we all know is business in the front, party in the back... now dependant on what side you're looking at center ice, this is precisely what's going on. i'm no art major, but it's definitely either top heavy or bottom heavy from whichever side you're looking at it.

2. i've been reading a lot on here that you have to "take it with a grain of salt"... and we all know what happens to a slug when you pour salt on it.

Doesn't anyone remember the TALKING PROUD campaign in Buffalo, say around the mid 1980s? Not the 1970's original (although it's close), but the one I think was associated with the WHTT radio station. Anyway, IT LOOKS JUST LIKE THE NEW LOGO. It's a Buffalo that looks to be jumping out of the paper, and I think it was yellow. If anyone has a pic, please link it.

I bet that's part of the base of new logo idea.

Doesn't anyone remember the TALKING PROUD campaign in Buffalo, say around the mid 1980s? Not the 1970's original (although it's close), but the one I think was associated with the WHTT radio station. Anyway, IT LOOKS JUST LIKE THE NEW LOGO. It's a Buffalo that looks to be jumping out of the paper, and I think it was yellow. If anyone has a pic, please link it.

I bet that's part of the base of new logo idea.

Awesome shout-out to the genius of Talkin' Proud. That's an auspicious first post, Braedon -- kudos to you.

Here's the image I found -- I think it's the right one -- not sure how close it is to the slug, though.

Proud Talkin'

Why put the wordmark at center ice? I don't get it. Doesn't everyone in the arena and watching on TV know that it's the BUFFALO SABRES? The circle is wayyyyy too busy. Actually, I think I know why the wordmark, and not just the logo, is there. The logo is so bad it can't stand by itself. LQ said as much didn't he? "Wait till you see the whole thing." What a debacle. And, yes, the logo does matter. I am not one of these "it doesn't matter if they play in tutus" people. It matters because you have created ill will with the fan base and almost certainly bugged the players who have to wear it. Bad karma. It can come back to bite you in the end.

Awesome shout-out to the genius of Talkin' Proud. That's an auspicious first post, Braedon -- kudos to you.

Here's the image I found -- I think it's the right one -- not sure how close it is to the slug, though.

Proud Talkin'

If you take deleware towards downtown Buffalo you can actually see some of "We're talking proud" motto/logos on some of the traffic light posts. I believe the one I am thinking of is a red Buffalo that looks like it is diving, but I have seen the one u posted as well.

If you take deleware towards downtown Buffalo you can actually see some of "We're talking proud" motto/logos on some of the traffic light posts. I believe the one I am thinking of is a red Buffalo that looks like it is diving, but I have seen the one u posted as well.

That's the one I'm talking about. I work on Delaware, so if I see them I'll snap a photo. Thanks for the Kudos Aud Smell. First time, long time, just couldn't stay away any longer.

Proud Talkin'

Where have I seen that before?

That's the one I'm talking about. I work on Delaware, so if I see them I'll snap a photo. Thanks for the Kudos Aud Smell. First time, long time, just couldn't stay away any longer.

Here's a red one...

Really, I can't get myself all worked up over the jersey, the logo or anything else that has no impact on the quality of the team that's on the ice. I for one have always disliked the goathead but didn't care at all what uniform they were wearing in the Conference Finals. The could skate around with nothing on but a jock strap, a blue and yellow bow tie and a tattoo of Yogi Bear and Boo Boo on their bellies as long as they win the Cup.

Slug logo? Who cares? Just play good hockey.

Amen, amen, and amen!!!

Archived