Buffaslug Center Ice Pic

Preds

It's not bad enough that it's 9/11, but we have to get kicked in the balls too?!!

Jeff

Why would you go and say something that ridiculously stupid? :angry:

Brutal looking. Still looks like something we would see at midfield of an arena football stadium or at center ice of a minor league hockey game.

It may just be a test run, just trying to get a feel for exactly what they have to paint out there at center ice.

<sigh>

I also read a few more things about the new uniform: The "thing that no other jersey (allegedly) has" that Larry Quinn spoke about is the "skewered B" on the chest of the jersey on the opposite side of where the captain's "C" is. As far as I could gather, this is the sabre Larry Quinn represented as being on the chest.

Take that info with a grain of salt. It came from a guy that claimed his Dad got the info from Kevin Syllvester at a Sabres Alumni hockey game/event.

After Quinn's press conference I began to feel better about it and decided to wait patiently. If the above info is true, I am as disgusted as I ever was before his press conference.

Personally, I think this concept would have looked pretty darn good.

Got this sent to me from a user on the Sabres board. The slug is painted on at center ice. It's a camera phone pic, and the color looks like crap, but it gives you the gist of things.

Yuk BTW.

http://predsff.com/images/Buffaslug-Center-Ice.jpg

edited to add a 2nd pic found on sabresfans.com

http://predsff.com/images/cleanedupcenterice.jpg

Looks just like my avatar

I refuse to believe that photo is real. Hopefully it's a product of Photoshop.

Unfortunately I am resigning myself to the idea of the slug. Plus to confirm it a little, the article on WGR's website says the slug has been painted on center ice, and the rookies were wearing it along with the coaching staff...

"Buffalo, NY (WGR 550)- The Sabres rookies hit the ice for the first time today wearing the team's new pants, gloves and socks. The new logo has also been painted on at center ice. Lindy Ruff and his coaching staff wore the new sweats and hats which also had the new logo on it. The logo on the pants is the one many of you have seen with Sabres written across the bottom. The club will show the fans its' new sweaters Saturday at 10:30 in the Marina."

Really, I can't get myself all worked up over the jersey, the logo or anything else that has no impact on the quality of the team that's on the ice. I for one have always disliked the goathead but didn't care at all what uniform they were wearing in the Conference Finals. The could skate around with nothing on but a jock strap, a blue and yellow bow tie and a tattoo of Yogi Bear and Boo Boo on their bellies as long as they win the Cup.

Slug logo? Who cares? Just play good hockey.

The only way that logo on center ice could look any worse, is if it had blue ice to contrast against. Then Quinny could take full credit for both monstrosities.

The logo sucked when it was leaked, it sucks today and it will suck forever. FU Quinn...go back to being a construction manager! :angry:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This is absolute f*cking garbage. This team talks about how much the fans mean to them then they exclude us in every single aspect of selecting a logo/jersey (minus the return of blue and gold which I think most of us can agree that we'd rather not even have if it meant adopting this monstrosity). Thanks a lot Quinn, you jackass.

GUYS, WAIT TILL YOU SEE IT ON THE JERSEY, YOU'LL LOVE IT. I SWEAR. SCHOPP AND THE BULLDOG TOLD ME WE WILL.

That thing is #%^$#!ing ridiculous. For crying out loud, the original logo would've looked amazing at center ice. PASabrefan must be spinning in his grave...er... computer chair.

I was at the arena today, applying for a job as a suite runner or a harbour club server, i didn't get a chance to see the ice but if this is true I'm glad i didn't see it. However I'm hoping that these jerseys add a lil somethin somethin to this logo...maybe a sward or two somewhere....i guess we'll have to wait til saturday....

Go Sabres!!

Archived