Just In Case Everyone Forgot

PTS

Just in case everyone forgot: Danny Briere is the best player this team has seen since Pat LaFontaine.

I'd argue that he's one of the best players in the league. He's a game changer that is now in his prime. He deserves the $5 million. If he stayed healthy last season he would have had over 100 points.

Add to those facts that he's extremely fun to watch and he's a fabulous human being. Anyone with half a brain would have figured he'd get 4.5 at least. What's another 500k? Dump Biron's ass and you can easily take that salary.

So get over it. We can't be that little engine that could anymore, not when we're a freaking bullet train with all the talent we have now.

my only beef is that he's $5 million for one season as opposed to $20 million for 4 seasons. We still have one shot at the cup with briere, hopefully more

I completely agree. The Sabres (Darcy) should have seen this coming and done whatever it took to make that deal happen. From what I heard, they were very close to doing so. They should have taken that extra step to securing him long term. Briere will be great for years to come.

Just in case everyone forgot: Danny Briere is the best player this team has seen since Pat LaFontaine.

I'd argue that he's one of the best players in the league. He's a game changer that is now in his prime. He deserves the $5 million. If he stayed healthy last season he would have had over 100 points.

Add to those facts that he's extremely fun to watch and he's a fabulous human being. Anyone with half a brain would have figured he'd get 4.5 at least. What's another 500k? Dump Biron's ass and you can easily take that salary.

So get over it. We can't be that little engine that could anymore, not when we're a freaking bullet train with all the talent we have now.

Yes! He is an awesome player and fun to watch. He also came through in the playoffs. If we get rid of anyone it should be Kotilik or Afinogenov. I like them both but they wouldn't be missed for long

Hey. I enjoy a few drinks on a Sunday like everyone else. But I think you may need to be cut off.

Best player since Lafontaine. I can name a half of dozen players better.

Hasek.

Peca.

Satan.

Zhitnik.

Drury.

Hecht.

$5 million for 56 points a year? Oh yeah, he was injured. So was Connolly. So lets follow you logic. Connolly should get paid like he had 70+ points then. What is that worth. $4 million easy.

And if Briere is worth $5. Then what is Max's season worth. Five at least. he was the leading scorer.

I hear Timmy and Max are sweathearts (not with each other) and all around swell guys.

I hope the Sabres revenues go through the roof so they can pay all these superstar. ;)

What everyone seems to forget is the Sabres were profitable last year even after a slow start in the box office. They have around 13,000 season ticket holders already. They will do even better this season in ticket revenue.

What everyone seems to forget is the Sabres were profitable last year even after a slow start in the box office. They have around 13,000 season ticket holders already. They will do even better this season in ticket revenue.

What they make up in ticket revenue, they may stand to lose in television revenue.

Hey. I enjoy a few drinks on a Sunday like everyone else. But I think you may need to be cut off.

Hasek.

Peca.

Satan.

Zhitnik.

Drury.

Hecht.

$5 million for 56 points a year? Oh yeah, he was injured. So was Connolly. So lets follow you logic. Connolly should get paid like he had 70+ points then. What is that worth. $4 million easy.

And if Briere is worth $5. Then what is Max's season worth. Five at least. he was the leading scorer.

I hear Timmy and Max are sweathearts (not with each other) and all around swell guys.

I hope the Sabres revenues go through the roof so they can pay all these superstar. ;)

Dude, you are lost in your ways.

#1: I said best player. Hasek was a goaltender. No one will argue that he was the best Sabre ... possibly of all time.

#2: The other players you mentioned? Are you series? The fact that you would consider Satan better than Briere borders on insanity.

#3: Max isn't Danny, Timmy could be but he can't put together one healthy season. Briere had sports hernia, not a recurring concussion that can end his career at any given moment.

Hasek.

Peca.

Satan.

Zhitnik.

Drury.

Hecht.

Hecht? What?

Satan??? Please!!!

Zhitnik, close but I'd still kepp Danny

Peca? Maybe, but I'm still keeping Danny, he scores more

And what do you think Connelly is worth? Gonna offer him a big deal?

Hecht? What?

Satan??? Please!!!

Zhitnik, close but I'd still kepp Danny

Peca? Maybe, but I'm still keeping Danny, he scores more

And what do you think Connelly is worth? Gonna offer him a big deal?

Please see previous post regarding teams winning % without Hect and without Briere.

Dude, you are lost in your ways.

#1: I said best player. Hasek was a goaltender. No one will argue that he was the best Sabre ... possibly of all time.

#2: The other players you mentioned? Are you series? The fact that you would consider Satan better than Briere borders on insanity.

#3: Max isn't Danny, Timmy could be but he can't put together one healthy season. Briere had sports hernia, not a recurring concussion that can end his career at any given moment.

Hasek is unfair I'd admit.

Satan? Satan killed penalties well and do I even have to break out the numbers? If you need them I will.

Why isn't Max Danny? He's faster and is just as good a play maker. Hell if Max could finish he would destroy Briere in goals. Right now there is only a 35 goal difference.

Connolly? If your going to play 'let's pretend the injury never happened' then lets play it.

;)

Who was it that was saying Briere got a high percentage of his goals in garbage time? Not correct....for that you would look to Satan....

I think losing Briere will hurt this team a lot...much as I love wathcing Maxim, I would let him go, if it meant keeping Briere. Briere is unquestionably a team leader, other vets will be likely to want to leave at their first opportunity, rather than stay.

Briere showed this season that he has arrived, while Max seems to be the prepetual tease....Dannt boy braught his game in the playoffs (I know he had a couple tough games, but he always bounced back), while Max seem to struggle more and more the bigger the stakes got...

If we lose Briere, I think some of the criticism of the way that Reiger has handled, will start to sound a litttle more legit. We can brag about how well the Sabres were prepared for the "new NHL" in 2005-06, but it would be a shame to crap it all away in the first off-season. The plan just seems to be to let everyone file arbitration, then let them go. It is not a very pro-active approach to keeping a very good team together. I am not sure if the new rules allow it, but wouldn't it have been wiser to start nailing some of these guys down to long term contracts, back in February or March, when everything was positive? Instead, it seems, going the arbitration rout, Reiger has chosen to let other teams misspending dictate what the Sabres will have to pay players.

PTS, good luck getting a lot of folks on this board to remember that they're supposed to be fans, that losing Daniel Briere should feel like a red-hot poker in the eye. Too many are too busy playing their hockey business simulator games, seeing what they can sacrifice off a very good roster to ensure that Tom has a few more million dollars in his bank account. It's nauseating, actually.

PTS, good luck getting a lot of folks on this board to remember that they're supposed to be fans, that losing Daniel Briere should feel like a red-hot poker in the eye. Too many are too busy playing their hockey business simulator games, seeing what they can sacrifice off a very good roster to ensure that Tom has a few more million dollars in his bank account. It's nauseating, actually.

You can be really silly sometimes.

Can we wait until we see what the Sabres do before we declare Danny is gone?

Sheesh, Danny's side just opened with e4. Danny hasn't even punched the timer to put the Sabres on the clock and we have people declaring that the game is over.

This is getting overwhelming.

Can we wait until we see what the Sabres do before we declare Danny is gone?

Sheesh, Danny's side just opened with e4. Danny hasn't even punched the timer to put the Sabres on the clock and we have people declaring that the game is over.

This is getting overwhelming.

It's more fun for some to complain.

Who was it that was saying Briere got a high percentage of his goals in garbage time? Not correct....for that you would look to Satan....

Would you like to back that up with some numbers? Do you have any empty net/blowout stats?

How is it then that Satan had 15 game winning goals in his first three seasons as a Sabre and Briere has 7? I guess they must have been empty net goals then the other team scored late <_<

And by the way. Satan is a career plus 32 while Briere is a minus 22.

If your going to post about "garbage time" why don't you bring some facts with you or just admit you think Briere is cute and he makes you feel funny :P

Now your saying Satan is a better player then Briere?

You have to be kidding me, Briere is a team leader and Satan is nothing but a primadonna floater. If Satan played to his potential, skill wise I would agree, but Briere is 100% better in my books

The question shouldn't be is Satan better than Briere (in my opinion he's not),

the question should be is the team better off spending 15% of its payroll on 1 player.

Is Danny worth 15% of the team?

For a team that was as balanced as the Sabres, it is debatable.

It's noteworthy how DeLuca has blown out any of his credibility in a single thread.

He storms about how Zhitnik, Peca, Drury, and Hecht are better than Briere, but refuses to back that up with statistics or at least reasoning.

Then, he demands that someone else go find unmeasured statistics to back a claim contrary to his nitpicking.

Simply stunning.

If there's a reason that new users don't post, it's because of relentessly caustic individuals of his breed.

It's noteworthy how DeLuca has blown out any of his credibility in a single thread.

He storms about how Zhitnik, Peca, Drury, and Hecht are better than Briere, but refuses to back that up with statistics or at least reasoning.

Then, he demands that someone else go find unmeasured statistics to back a claim contrary to his nitpicking.

Simply stunning.

If there's a reason that new users don't post, it's because of relentessly caustic individuals of his breed.

You may know 'Physics' but you don't know hockey. Didn't I post that before :blink:

Try reading some of my previous posts. Do I really need to repeat my self? :blink:

Best player since Lafontaine. I can name a half of dozen players better???????

Hasek was a goalie and uncomparable to any out player.

As for the others. Sorry, but Lafontaine is one of the top 10 best we've ever had. None of those mentioned above come close, except Peca maybe.

#44 and #81?? Please. Don't insult a man who is IN the HOF. Those 2 won't get close. Not in this lifetime. Not ever!

Best player since Lafontaine. I can name a half of dozen players better???????

Hasek was a goalie and uncomparable to any out player.

As for the others. Sorry, but Lafontaine is one of the top 10 best we've ever had. None of those mentioned above come close, except Peca maybe.

#44 and #81?? Please. Don't insult a man who is IN the HOF. Those 2 won't get close. Not in this lifetime. Not ever!

Peca doesn't even come close.

And Deluca, just by looking at your list of players "Better then Lafontaine" I would say you don't know anything about Hockey either

Archived