Just In Case Everyone Forgot

PTS

You may know 'Physics' but you don't know hockey. Didn't I post that before :blink:

Try reading some of my previous posts. Do I really need to repeat my self? :blink:

It's amazing. I somehow have this innate ability to know more than one subject matter. I can understand how this is seemingly impossible to you.

Please continue on your futile tirades about how any notable name in Sabres history is better than the one that just signed their contract that day or your never ending deranged visions of how total hockey apocalypse will be derived from the smallest action -or inaction- of the Sabres managing staff.

Regardless, I never really pay attention to the feces you toss around here, waffling bipolar chimp.

Can we wait until we see what the Sabres do before we declare Danny is gone?

Sheesh, Danny's side just opened with e4. Danny hasn't even punched the timer to put the Sabres on the clock and we have people declaring that the game is over.

This is getting overwhelming.

OK, check that. THE IDEA OF losing Briere should feel like a red-hot poker to the eye. How's that?

Peca doesn't even come close.

And Deluca, just by looking at your list of players "Better then Lafontaine" I would say you don't know anything about Hockey either

I will admit my spelling sucks. But your reading skills are far worse.

The topic was 'Best Player Since Lafontaine'. Not 'Better Player Then Lafontaine.'

And about Peca? 394 points and a plus 71. There is more to the game than figure eights. Has Briere ever laid anyone out?

I don't have to defend Peca's game. You should know better. <_<

I will admit my spelling sucks. But your reading skills are far worse.

The topic was 'Best Player Since Lafontaine'. Not 'Better Player Then Lafontaine.'

And about Peca? 394 points and a plus 71. There is more to the game than figure eights. Has Briere ever laid anyone out?

I don't have to defend Peca's game. You should know better. <_<

Ok, I will take back the better then and exchange it with since but that still doesn't make any difference

As for Peca, sorry, I've never been a fan of his or see what the big deal was with him, he was decent but not great

Without a doubt though, I would take Briere over Peca anyday.

DeLuca-

Since you pride yourself on how much you think you know about hockey, and your ability to come up with stats, try to figure this one out:

Who, Satan or Briere, spent a greater percentage of his time in a Sabres uniform, playing in "garbage time"?

Maybe it was so long ago, my memory is fuzzy, but didn't Satan have a habit of disappearing in the playoffs? I remember Satan being a "non-factor" being a sub-plot of a number of Sabres playoff games.

I will give you, Satan had some skills that Briere lacks, but the opposite is true as well...all I know, and the stats bear it out, this past seasons' Sabres squad, start to finish, was the best we have seen in many, many years....Briere was a big part of that success, despite missing the games he missed. Briere and Satan are different players...so the whole argument is silly. The issue is the effect that losing Briere will have on the 2006-07 Sabres.

Losing Satan had a positive affect on the Sabres (his sulking was growing tiresome, Islanders fans are getting a taste it now), I am pretty sure that losing Briere would have a much bigger negative effect. On and off the ice. Unless they replaced him with someone better. I am not sure how possilble that is.

DeLuca-

Since you pride yourself on how much you think you know about hockey, and your ability to come up with stats, try to figure this one out:

Who, Satan or Briere, spent a greater percentage of his time in a Sabres uniform, playing in "garbage time"?

Maybe it was so long ago, my memory is fuzzy, but didn't Satan have a habit of disappearing in the playoffs? I remember Satan being a "non-factor" being a sub-plot of a number of Sabres playoff games.

I will give you, Satan had some skills that Briere lacks, but the opposite is true as well...all I know, and the stats bear it out, this past seasons' Sabres squad, start to finish, was the best we have seen in many, many years....Briere was a big part of that success, despite missing the games he missed. Briere and Satan are different players...so the whole argument is silly. The issue is the effect that losing Briere will have on the 2006-07 Sabres.

Losing Satan had a positive affect on the Sabres (his sulking was growing tiresome, Islanders fans are getting a taste it now), I am pretty sure that losing Briere would have a much bigger negative effect. On and off the ice. Unless they replaced him with someone better. I am not sure how possilble that is.

Except for the 34 games he missed? That's a big chunk of the season. So how big a part was he? And if you want to talk playoffs? When the team was down it was Briere who had to be corrected by Ruff when he said the team wasn't ready to play in game four against the Canes. Briere who didn;t show up for that game or five and seven for that matter.

Contracts don;t make stars no matter how many on this board want to believe they do. Briere had his chance to step up and become a star against the Canes. The team was down and hurt and needed star players to step up. Hecht did. Drury did. Where was Briere?

With a big contract comes huge pressure. I hope B-Rod doesn't fold under the pressure. Another 50-60 point season won't cut it. ;)

Archived