The Slug Logo Show on WGR Today at 3pm

PTS

Tune in to WGR at 3pm today. The logo protest is picking up steam and is ruffling a lot of feathers from what I've been told. We NEED to keep hammering away and we will win this fight.

Schopp & The Bulldog will do a show today on it, tune in.

Tune in to WGR at 3pm today. The logo protest is picking up steam and is ruffling a lot of feathers from what I've been told. We NEED to keep hammering away and we will win this fight.

Schopp & The Bulldog will do a show today on it, tune in.

Are they going to get the Screaming weasel out of their mouth long enough to actually say something about it? <_<

Now Shopp is talking about how not having swords in the logo, and he doesn't understand why people are pissed. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

What were they, part of the focus group for this logo?

Sounds like they want people from this board to call in or from fixthelogo.com.

They also seem to "know" that this will be our logo, and are trying to deflect critisism of the slug. Mentioning the different crests that currently reside on the Jerseys, blah blah blah. I could live with the slug being the sleeve logo, just don't have the dman thing crawling across our boys' chests.

Schopp cracks me up. He crucifies the Bills organization because they don't treat him like a king, but he is willing to ballwash Larry Quinn over this hideous logo.

You know that between breaks that the two of them are making as much fun about the logo as everyone here is.

FREAKIN' SHILLS!!!! :angry: :angry:

Well, he replied to my email (the one about sabres not being included and Phoenix not using a flaming bird, etc.) and the MORONS actually said, "Well, Washington uses a picture of the Capitol building as thier logo, so that is representative of thier city." They are the Washington CAPITOLS, jack-off!

I'm not sure what show you guys have been listening to. Albeit, they are not trashing the logo like 85% of us do, they aren't giving it glowing praises either.

Bulldog stated he wants and felt like the original logo should have been returned.

Schopp stated the new logo isn't good nor creative but he's reserving judgement until he sees the whole package.

I think having a show like this proves that they are anything but shills.

I'm not sure what show you guys have been listening to. Albeit, they are not trashing the logo like 85% of do, they aren't giving it glowing praises either.

Bulldog stated he wants and felt like the original logo should have been returned.

Schopp stated the new logo isn't good nor creative but he's reserving judgement until he sees the whole package.

Paul Hamilton???

I'm not sure what show you guys have been listening to. Albeit, they are not trashing the logo like 85% of us do, they aren't giving it glowing praises either.

I didn't hear Bulldogs comment, but Schoop's statement that he needs to see the "whole package" is a joke. You don't have an opinion of the logo by itself? I guarantee that no matter what jersey you put the logo on, it will still suck!

Well, he replied to my email (the one about sabres not being included and Phoenix not using a flaming bird, etc.) and the MORONS actually said, "Well, Washington uses a picture of the Capitol building as thier logo, so that is representative of thier city." They are the Washington CAPITOLS, jack-off!

Again, not trying to protect S&B, but you are completely wrong with your statement. They said that Washington primary logo is the Eagle. Bulldog then mentioned that their third jersey logo however represents the Capitals nickname.

I think we are channeling our hate to the wrong place. We HATE the logo! Get it straight.

I'm not sure what show you guys have been listening to. Albeit, they are not trashing the logo like 85% of do, they aren't giving it glowing praises either.

There is the rub - if we reserve judgement we are stuck with the Slug.

If they aren't going to ask Larry Quinn directly on their show, (and they had the chance) what recourse

do fans have to make their opinions known.

I have emailed the club without response.

So tell the fans they have no right to have a passioned response - <_< - which is essentially what they did.

Instead of dismissing the fans reaction as typical of our worst instincts - they should at least acknowlege how much the direction and branding of this team means to the fan base.

Ironically, Jerry Sullivan seems to get it, and they don't.

I'll stop listening now.

Again, not trying to protect S&B, but you are completely wrong with your statement. They said that Washington primary logo is the Eagle. Bulldog then mentioned that their third jersey logo however represents the Capitals nickname.

I think we are channeling our hate to the wrong place. We HATE the logo! Get it straight.

I like S&B, really, I do. He did mention they use the Eagle, then said thier third was the Capitol. He then said, "But I think they use that as thier main one now." and Schopp said, "And that's representative of thier city."

Well, in fairness to the Caps, unless they use upper case lettering (to be literal) or lower case lettering (to be "clever"), there aren't a whole lot of ways to represent capitAls. For whatever reason, they are the Capitals, not the Capitols.

Well, in fairness to the Caps, unless they use upper case lettering (to be literal) or lower case lettering (to be "clever"), there aren't a whole lot of ways to represent capitAls. For whatever reason, they are the Capitals, not the Capitols.

You are correct, my bad.

Archived