The Slug Logo Show on WGR Today at 3pm

PTS

I realize that is what a focus group is, supposed to be a litmus test, a cross-section of a community, and that this focus group of "young breadwinners with tons of expendable income" as it was told to me, picked that logo.

The only thing said by Parker that gives me pause, and even a glimmer of hope, is that he kept saying that we hadn't seen everything yet, implying that, off the record, he had, that maybe it doesn't look so bad on a jersey as it does in the digital image being passed around the Net.

Young breadwinners? How about some actual #%^$#!ing Sabre fans? They picked a bunch of local yuppies to pick out a logo that is intended for the most part for to cater to blue collar masses. They couldn't have picked a worse focus group in my mind. I don't know Tom G. was behind this but this is straight out of what not to do as a corporate entity.

This reminds me of a little story I was told by my Spanish teacher eons ago. Back in the 60's or 70's, Chevrolet wanted to captilaize on the expanding Mexican/South American vehicle purchasers. So in all their wisdom, they shipped thousand of Chevy Novas to the Spanish speaking countries. When sales came up flat, no one could understand the problem. It was a major seller in the States, so why not in latin America? Well, one of their Spanish speaking employees was finally consulted about the lack of Nova sales. He politely explained to them that they were trying to sell a car with the name "Doesn't Go" to his countrymen. No va in Spanish means doesn't go. :blink:

I'm not sure about the validity of my Spanish teachers story but you get the point.

I also believe that they did see the Jersey and am holding out hope that what we saw was a sleeve emblem or possibly one of a few. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure about the validity of my Spanish teachers story but you get the point.

http://www.snopes.com/business/misxlate/nova.asp

Heh.

But I get your point.

That was what I was saying, their focus group sucked and really doesn't represent the population.

So when the "young bread winners with expendable income*" all move to North Carolina, the rest of us will be stuck with their logo?

*And for clarification, it was asked of someone in the Sabres organization, and that was his summation of who their focus group was.

http://www.snopes.com/business/misxlate/nova.asp

So when the "young bread winners with expendable income*" all move to North Carolina, the rest of us will be stuck with their logo?

*And for clarification, it was asked of someone in the Sabres organization, and that was his summation of who their focus group was.

They will also become Canes fans... :rolleyes:

Archived