Ted Nolan the GM killer

RayFinkle

Garth Snow is the new GM.

Isn't that kind of like making the janitor the next CEO of Microsoft?

:lol:

Pretty much.

I truly feel sorry for Islander fans (never, ever thought I would see myself type that). Either Charles Wang knows ABSOLUTELY nothing about hockey or Mike Milbury has some compromising photos of the guy.

I'm sure this has to be a Milbury wanting to keep involved like Harry Sinden (oh, yeah, Mike O'Connell's had a LOT of leeway in Boston <_< ) type deal and Smith not being willing to play nice.

Too bad for Isles fans, 'cause for as annoying as Smith is, he does know the game pretty well.

Ted Nolan can melt GM with his laser vision.

Hard to even pinpoint Nolan on this one, as he was reporting to Wang directly (not Smith), according to the organization's "new model." Can't really fault Neil Smith for not wanting to operate under such a crazy hierarchy. I thought the link to TSN was a joke, someone superimposing a faux story. This is one screwed up organization.

Sounds like the Islanders are in bizarro world. Our franchise seems dull compared to that circus. Garth Snow...where did they dig him up? And, being hired as a GM? I didn't know he had any kind of experience at this thing at all. Might as well be Garth the puppet. But, sounds like free money to do nothing.

Maybe this is something the Sabres can use ... if they make their back-up goalie the assistant GM, does his salary count against the cap? ;)

I think if Marty is made the GM, then he still counts against the cap, unless he is injured and then becomes the GM. But I am not sure.

I was thinking that maybe Rory Fitzpatrick would make a nice GM.

I think if Marty is made the GM, then he still counts against the cap, unless he is injured and then becomes the GM. But I am not sure.

I was thinking that maybe Rory Fitzpatrick would make a nice GM.

Nope, Marty's under 35 and also on a 1 year contract, so the Sabres will be good to go.

I'm not sure how effective he'll be though, because oftentimes when negotiating it is important to be able to deal with silence. Sometimes you want, or NEED, the other guy to be the one to put forth the next point / proposal. I think Diane Chambers could stay quiet longer than Marty and I think her record was ~2 seconds.

Nope, Marty's under 35 and also on a 1 year contract, so the Sabres will be good to go.

I'm not sure how effective he'll be though, because oftentimes when negotiating it is important to be able to deal with silence. Sometimes you want, or NEED, the other guy to be the one to put forth the next point / proposal. I think Diane Chambers could stay quiet longer than Marty and I think her record was ~2 seconds.

Nobody knows their way around a CBA like you, Dave :D

Archived