Canes @ Sabres Game Thread

PTS

Guest I love AHL defensemen

I'm glad people are all over Drury. He's basically the 2002 version of Doug Gilmoure. I'm sick of hearing how "so-and-so is great in the lockerroom." I'm sure Paris Hilton is great in the lockerroom too.

Someone mentioned Tallinder not focusing....could it be the fact that he gang-raped a Sweedish teenager? I can't believe this POS is on the team. If it was Taylor Pyatt who did that, I would be encouraged since it would only make him a metrosexual. I guess when your most consistant D is Rory Fitzpatrick, you don't mind keeping a sexual predator back on the blueline.

Don't fret...Scott Arniel will help teach the boys how to finish off plays with goals.

toronto and ottawa next - we could lose those easily. we are in trouble.

yep... ive been thinking that all last night and this morning... were in trouble unless vanek and briere can start firein away big time... theres no way... and biron against ottawa...... screwed... just screwed

I was at the game last night. Some observations...

-Biron is down on his knees WAY TOO MUCH and WAY TOO EARLY.

-Drury is a complete waste of salary. I'm sick of hearing about his great faceoff percentage. Last time I looked, he was a team worst MINUS 8. If we can ship his sorry ass out of here for a quality defenseman, I would do it in a heartbeat.

-Some of these referees are seeing things(calling penalties) that just aren't happening. I hope the NHL is reveiwing each and every game tape.

-It was nice to see Vanek pop a couple in. That was an outstanding play on his first one.

-The "value" night game was a bust from an attendence perspective. They announced 13 or 14 thousand. I'd say it was closer to 10 or 11. If I was Golisano I'd be pissed. The games are entertaining, the prices are down and the people of WNY are not showing a lot of interest.

-When the game was 4-3, Connolly had a great opportunity from about 15 feet away and missed the net. Is it just me or do several Sabres have a problem in this regard...Connolly, Drury, Dumont to name a few. If I was Lindy, I'd be focusing on this a lot.

-Lydman & McKee can't get healthy quick enough. Campbell and Jillson are truly career minor leaguers. Is it possible to convince James Patrick to come back, because at this point, he would make a big difference.

-The "value" night game was a bust from an attendence perspective. They announced 13 or 14 thousand. I'd say it was closer to 10 or 11. If I was Golisano I'd be pissed. The games are entertaining, the prices are down and the people of WNY are not showing a lot of interest.

Losing doesn't put fans in the seats, and this franchise wrote on the book on losing.

They started well, but people have seen it before and expect more from them before they start turning up again.

But I'm sure Regier doesn't give a hoot, he's looking for revenue sharing.

-When the game was 4-3, Connolly had a great opportunity from about 15 feet away and missed the net. Is it just me or do several Sabres have a problem in this regard...Connolly, Drury, Dumont to name a few. If I was Lindy, I'd be focusing on this a lot.

This "problem" you are referring to is called talent and the ability to finish. Nothing Lindy or any other coach can do to increase their accuracy with the puck.

This "problem" you are referring to is called talent and the ability to finish. Nothing Lindy or any other coach can do to increase their accuracy with the puck.

Lindy could stress just to put the puck on the net & good things will happen.

1. You could score

2. You could get a rebound and another get another scoring opportunity.

If you miss the net, #1 or #2 above can't happen.

This has nothing to do with talent. It's a lack of focus & discipline.

I thought the Sabres made sure to let Patrick know he was welcome to give it a shot in training camp but that they thought he was too old and should become a coach - it gave them room for the toddlers like Numminen to fill in.

I know Patrick isn't coming back, but I do believe that even at the age of 40+, he would be a dramatic improvement over Campbell & Jillson.

1. You could score

This was also from me.

1. You could score

As many shots as they missed last night, they did get the puck on net a lot as well. So it's a bigger problem than just that.