Where will Peca end up...

elcrusho

SOoooooooooo....

Where do YOU think Michael Peca will end up...

Rumors were swirling around last night that he was going to Sign back with the Islanders but then that rumor was put to rest....

Two million!? No way! He is not worth that, never in a million billion years! I can see maybe one million, but I wouldn't want the Sabres to spend that much on Peca. Peca would be a role player, and we can find someone to play that role for a lot less than one million. No way this organEYEzation can afford someone like Peca. After all, Mr. Golisano, God bless his heart for saving hockey in Buffalo, has a right to make a profit. Let's not get crazy here folks. Maybe Pecs would play for less than a million and accept all the tuna he and Kristin can eat. Just a thought. Darcy has to be creative during these tight fiscal times.

Considering Grier earned roughly $1.3 million last year, I would be happy bringing Peca back for a similar price tag, but it's not likely. He could definitely fill the role left by Mikey, by being the defensive forward to play next to Drury against the oppositions top line.

I'm in the belief that Darcy will sign one veteran forward with a defensive background if for no other purpose than to provide leadership in the lockerroom.

Two million!? No way! He is not worth that, never in a million billion years! I can see maybe one million, but I wouldn't want the Sabres to spend that much on Peca. Peca would be a role player, and we can find someone to play that role for a lot less than one million. No way this organEYEzation can afford someone like Peca. After all, Mr. Golisano, God bless his heart for saving hockey in Buffalo, has a right to make a profit. Let's not get crazy here folks. Maybe Pecs would play for less than a million and accept all the tuna he and Kristin can eat. Just a thought. Darcy has to be creative during these tight fiscal times.

So I take it you didn't watch any of the Oilers playoff games?

Peca makes your team better and might even sell a few more tickets to those still bitter about him leaving. A two year deal between $4.5-$5 would make him a nice fit. He could take over the PK role of Mike Griere and adds a little more offensive punch. ;)

Peca makes your team better and might even sell a few more tickets to those still bitter about him leaving. A two year deal between $4.5-$5 would make him a nice fit. He could take over the PK role of Mike Griere and adds a little more offensive punch. ;)

Did you watch his regular season?

They were ready to deal him away before the playoffs

Sure he had a good playoffs, but nothing to warrant a huge deal from Buffalo

OMG I agree with DeLuca.......... :D

not sure but i think peca would rather play in the AHL then play for the sabres again... which is unfortunate...... but given the recent string of nostaliga signings by big name players (Roenick, Weight etc.) it could happen...

Did you watch his regular season?

They were ready to deal him away before the playoffs

Sure he had a good playoffs, but nothing to warrant a huge deal from Buffalo

It took the regular season for him to get healthy. He still may not be 100%, I don't know. I don't think $2.25 -$2.5 is a huge deal considering they were willing to give Grier almost $2 a year for three years. Peca is a bigger hitter, better at both ends and can take the big faceoffs if needed. For a few more dollars the Sabres get a better player.

Also,

Not that Darcy worries about such things. I think having Peca in a Sabres uniform, no matter how ugly it is, takes pressure off of Pyatt and Connolly. ;)

i believe that every day peca remains an UFA, the closer he gets to signing with the sabres. Peca's roll=grier's roll, but peca > grier. Plus then you could write about how peca left us, we developed pyatt and connolly into good hockey players, and then got peca back anyways. Karma's a bi+ch, man.

as for peca not ever wearing a sabres uniform? That's in the past... if peca had beef with anyone in this organization, peca better start paying for a prison hit, if you know what i mean... I highly doubt he has beef with darcy personally...

Well I think Darcy should get on it, we are getting desperately depleated at Forward. Maybe we could trade a couple defencemen to get a couple more too.

Desparately depleted at forward? Please explain how losing 1 guy at a position we have a ton of depth at makes us desperately depleted. :lol:

Desparately depleted at forward? Please explain how losing 1 guy at a position we have a ton of depth at makes us desperately depleted. :lol:

when in doubt, just assume they are being sarcastic...

when in doubt, just assume they are being sarcastic...

Yup. It's a shame considering we were making a point about replacing 1 veteran forward with tremendous defensive skills with another player of the same make, yet he takes it as we want to stockpile forwards. :blink: Whatev.

Sarcasim doesn't go over well here does it?

I guess I have to dumb it down a little and explain myself and my reasoning for the post.

Buffalo has alot of Forwards on the team right now. Last year they could send a couple of them back to Rochester (and got lucky that some could clear waivers to go back down and no one claimed them). It is inevitable that Buffalo will need to move a couple forwards by the start of the season to fit them all on the team next year so although losing Grier will hurt because he was a hard worker and a veteran leader, It does help because it frees up a spot on the roster to keep some of the forwards. There is alot of Depth at Forward on this team, especially at center where Peca plays.

Defence is a position where Buffalo has little Depth, and need to focus on this offseason.

I was making a sarcastic comment about going out and picking up another forward (which is not a desperate need because of the depth) and made a joke about using a defencemen (where the Sabres are pretty depleted) to go out and get more.

Does everyone understand now?

If I had to chose one it would unfortunatly be Connolly just because the questions about how he is going to be able to play again after the concussions. I would love to see him keep playing like he did last year, but he may end up having to call his career short due to the head injuries. If you can get someone good in return, I could live with him being dealt

If I had to chose one it would unfortunatly be Connolly just because the questions about how he is going to be able to play again after the concussions. I would love to see him keep playing like he did last year, but he may end up having to call his career short due to the head injuries. If you can get someone good in return, I could live with him being dealt

Nobody is going to trade ANYTHING for Connolly. ANYTHING. He's damaged goods until proven otherwise. At this point, I doubt the Sabres could even get a used puck bag for him.

Nobody is going to trade ANYTHING for Connolly. ANYTHING. He's damaged goods until proven otherwise. At this point, I doubt the Sabres could even get a used puck bag for him.

c'mon, only we would have questions about him ever playing again. Might as well deal him now for all we can get... :rolleyes:

Wasn't Lafontaine Damaged goods too?

The Islanders took a chance on him

I'm not saying we could get more then draft picks or a prospect for him, but there

may be a team that if he is given clearance to play by a doctor would be willing to take a chance on him.

I think you mean the Rangers. But at the time they'd throw money at anyone willing to take it.

Labatt, you're right, I wouldn't want to trade any of them. Connolly is a big question mark. Roy can play wing. So let me rephrase, it would make it easier to make another forward a part of a package.

Sarcasim doesn't go over well here does it?

I guess I have to dumb it down a little and explain myself and my reasoning for the post.

Buffalo has alot of Forwards on the team right now. Last year they could send a couple of them back to Rochester (and got lucky that some could clear waivers to go back down and no one claimed them). It is inevitable that Buffalo will need to move a couple forwards by the start of the season to fit them all on the team next year so although losing Grier will hurt because he was a hard worker and a veteran leader, It does help because it frees up a spot on the roster to keep some of the forwards. There is alot of Depth at Forward on this team, especially at center where Peca plays.

Defence is a position where Buffalo has little Depth, and need to focus on this offseason.

I was making a sarcastic comment about going out and picking up another forward (which is not a desperate need because of the depth) and made a joke about using a defencemen (where the Sabres are pretty depleted) to go out and get more.

Does everyone understand now?

Either we don't understand sarcasm or your sarcastic comments are along the lines of something you would say seriously.

Archived