Grier to San Jose

Don

Not understanding the logic here. In the news today Greir is quoted as signing with SJ because he felt unsure as to the direction of the Sabres and their committmetn to keeping the team together (ie paying players). Obviously they were willing to pay him what SJ would and a 3yr deal, too so, shouldn't that have addressed his concern? Mayne he just doesn't like the new uniform.

Grier doesn't like the direction they're headed just the same way we don't like it. The handwriting's on the wall, and don't think that Briere can't read it.

My guess is Danny signs his 1 year offer and bolts next year for 5 or 6 million from someone else.

All the players can see it, so they're just going to wait until they are UFA's and bolt.

This sucks.

Grier doesn't like the direction they're headed just the same way we don't like it. The handwriting's on the wall, and don't think that Briere can't read it.

My guess is Danny signs his 1 year offer and bolts next year for 5 or 6 million from someone else.

All the players can see it, so they're just going to wait until they are UFA's and bolt.

This sucks.

I said the exact same thing about Briere, but was told that he would sign a multi year deal with Buffalo becuase he could get hurt next year and never get to be a UFA

He wasn't saying he turned them down because he didn't think they would give him the same salary, he meant the direction they are going in by letting veteran FA's walk when they deserve more money because Buffalo can't afford them. Maybe he sees SJ staying competitive for years to come while he thinks Buffalo is going to be up and down because you never know what they will be able to do financially

I said the exact same thing about Briere, but was told that he would sign a multi year deal with Buffalo becuase he could get hurt next year and never get to be a UFA.

He wasn't saying he turned them down because he didn't think they would give him the same salary, he meant the direction they are going in by letting veteran FA's walk when they deserve more money because Buffalo can't afford them. Maybe he sees SJ staying competitive for years to come while he thinks Buffalo is going to be up and down because you never know what they will be able to do financially

If I didn't know you were Canadian, I'd swear you were Mickey from TSW because you are becoming extremely adept at misunderstanding what other posters are posting but then posting what you wanted their posts to be. The fact that you don't do it in response to the particular post you are butchering is becoming tiresome.

If I didn't know you were Canadian, I'd swear you were Mickey from TSW because you are becoming extremely adept at misunderstanding what other posters are posting but then posting what you wanted their posts to be. The fact that you don't do it in response to the particular post you are butchering is becoming tiresome.

Thank you!! Glad to know someone else is getting frustrated.

Well, there you go, Apus. You've been Czechmated!

Leaving aside the merits of whether APus' relentless negativity and sarcasm (on the heels of an amazing season which one would've thought would give TG/Darcy the benefit of the doubt at least until training camp) are becoming tiresome, I will note for the record that you used this pun less than 48 hours ago in another thread.

I think we all need to come up with some new material. Perhaps our beloved Sabres (and I assume they are beloved by all, including the curmudgeons among us) will oblige us with some exciting news.

Leaving aside the merits of whether APus' relentless negativity and sarcasm (on the heels of an amazing season which one would've thought would give TG/Darcy the benefit of the doubt at least until training camp) are becoming tiresome, I will note for the record that you used this pun less than 48 hours ago in another thread.

I think we all need to come up with some new material. Perhaps our beloved Sabres (and I assume they are beloved by all, including the curmudgeons among us) will oblige us with some exciting news.

You probably find my relentless negativity and sarcasim about as tiresome as I find everyones constant ball washing of Darcy for having one good season. It is going to take me more then one year til I strat believing Darcy knows exactly how to build a competitive team on a budget to compete in the new NHL.

As for Dave_b, I am not understanding what is being posted by other posters? I replyed to the post above mine that said Danny would sign a one year deal and then become a UFA to cash in because he was quoted as saying he was worried about the direction of the team. Is it because you were the one that said the comment about him getting hurt? You seem to misunderstand some of my posts and turn it around to think that I don't support the team or am looking for Darcy or TG to start signing some big name FA's

You probably find my relentless negativity and sarcasim about as tiresome as I find everyones constant ball washing of Darcy for having one good season. It is going to take me more then one year til I strat believing Darcy knows exactly how to build a competitive team on a budget to compete in the new NHL.

As for Dave_b, I am not understanding what is being posted by other posters? I replyed to the post above mine that said Danny would sign a one year deal and then become a UFA to cash in because he was quoted as saying he was worried about the direction of the team. Is it because you were the one that said the comment about him getting hurt? You seem to misunderstand some of my posts and turn it around to think that I don't support the team or am looking for Darcy or TG to start signing some big name FA's

Untrue. You tend to respond to posts that I have made in other threads (you have done this on multiple occasions in the past few days), twisting what I have said to be something it isn't. I have tried on numerous occasions to clarify my statements for you, but to no avail.

You clearly have not read (or at least haven't comprehended) any of my posts, because I have never stated that I thought you were looking for the Sabres to sign big name FA's. (Which again, is very Mickey-like thing to say. Are you sure you're from Canada and not from Syracuse?) My initial posts to you were regarding Jay McKee's impending free agency. You attempted to twist my comments on the issue of impending (read: occurring within the next couple of weeks) UFA's into a broad comment on the dynamics of free agency in general. I attempted to clarify the position and you appeared to ignore the clarification. (You did not respond to it in the thread it was posted.) You now are using the clarification in a totally wiseass manner and I am calling you on it.

I fully understand your posts. You have stated on several occasions (directly and implied) that you wanted Darcy to keep the team intact and probably would like to have seen some upgrades as well. None of my posts have had any implication that you are not a fan either. I actually give you props for being a Sabres? fan living in ?Loaf nation?.

You however, either are having difficulty understanding what I have been posting, or are pulling a Mickey. Either way, as I have posted previously, it is getting tiresome.

I think I just got Czechmated!

Some of you, it seems, just won't be satisfied until it's happy happy joy joy around here constantly, a bunch of Stepford posters typing in lockstep while singing Kumbaya and lighting candles places pictures of Darcy Regier and Tom Golisano.

You may have brainwashed DeLuca, but you will never take my soul. The resistance must go on!

Untrue. You tend to respond to posts that I have made in other threads (you have done this on multiple occasions in the past few days), twisting what I have said to be something it isn't. I have tried on numerous occasions to clarify my statements for you, but to no avail.

You clearly have not read (or at least haven't comprehended) any of my posts, because I have never stated that I thought you were looking for the Sabres to sign big name FA's. (Which again, is very Mickey-like thing to say. Are you sure you're from Canada and not from Syracuse?) My initial posts to you were regarding Jay McKee's impending free agency. You attempted to twist my comments on the issue of impending (read: occurring within the next couple of weeks) UFA's into a broad comment on the dynamics of free agency in general. I attempted to clarify the position and you appeared to ignore the clarification. (You did not respond to it in the thread it was posted.) You now are using the clarification in a totally wiseass manner and I am calling you on it.

I fully understand your posts. You have stated on several occasions (directly and implied) that you wanted Darcy to keep the team intact and probably would like to have seen some upgrades as well. None of my posts have had any implication that you are not a fan either. I actually give you props for being a Sabres? fan living in ?Loaf nation?.

You however, either are having difficulty understanding what I have been posting, or are pulling a Mickey. Either way, as I have posted previously, it is getting tiresome.

Well, I live in Southern Niagara about 20 minutes away from the Peace bridge in Canada (it takes me less then 30 minutes to get to the HSBC), I have never been to Syracuse so no I am not Mickey

You believe I misread your posts, and I believe you have misread mine too, no worries. Sometimes when you are posting in so many different boards and posts things get crossed.

My negatism may be geting tiring to you and others, but to me the constant praising of TG and Darcy for having one great year (and they can't do no wrong) is getting tiresome to me too. Maybe from now on we should just post neutral comments to each other to keep the other happy?

And PA, I know what you mean, what have they done to DeLuca, He was the biggest anti Darcy poster last offseason and was constantly the negative guy on the board, now he is the poster boy for optimisum. They may out number us, but I still have enough in me to continue on fighting

I think I just got Czechmated!

Some of you, it seems, just won't be satisfied until it's happy happy joy joy around here constantly, a bunch of Stepford posters typing in lockstep while singing Kumbaya and lighting candles places pictures of Darcy Regier and Tom Golisano.

You may have brainwashed DeLuca, but you will never take my soul. The resistance must go on!

Not exactly. I just think you and a few others are a little too quick to hit the panic button. I think you need to wait until:

1. We have a very bad off season (and by that I mean complete off season, not just the first few days of free agency), AND

2. We get a week or two into the season and it looks like we have a bad product on the ice (due to the fact that most people thought we had a terrible off season last year, and it worked out just fine).

My negatism may be geting tiring to you and others, but to me the constant praising of TG and Darcy for having one great year (and they can't do no wrong) is getting tiresome to me too. Maybe from now on we should just post neutral comments to each other to keep the other happy?

I don't think there has been constant praise heaped on Regier and TG. I think people are just saying let's give them the benefit of the doubt that they have a clue what they're doing and let's see what our roster looks like on opening night.

Archived