July 1st: What it should be called for Sabres fans

Swedesessed

Plain and $imple.

Golisano will NOT spend $ on this team...he will NOT do what is needed to get this team over the hump.

Darcy WILL be exposed eventually, I promise you that...

Mckee and Grier will be gone....Sabres will rely on Doug Janik to take McKee's place....sweet!!! :angry:

Biron will be traded for a pick...NOT a player who can help us NOW...

The more things change....the more things $tay the $ame in Buffalo

Plain and $imple.

Golisano will NOT spend $ on this team...he will NOT do what is needed to get this team over the hump.

Mckee and Grier will be gone....Sabres will reply on Doug Janik to take McKee's place....

I've been outspoken about Darcy and Golisano, but I'm not ready to jump on the doom and gloom badwagon. That being said, if they are not careful, the Sabres could easily fall back to battling for the 7th or 8th playoff spot instead of contending for the overall points lead and the Stanley Cup.

I've been outspoken about Darcy and Golisano, but I'm not ready to jump on the doom and gloom badwagon. That being said, if they are not careful, the Sabres could easily fall back to battling for the 7th or 8th playoff spot instead of contending for the overall points lead and the Stanley Cup.

Im not saying that the season is over etc...but cmon Golisano....if there ever is a year to show the team and the fans you mean business, it is NOW

Plain and $imple.

Mckee and Grier will be gone....Sabres will rely on Doug Janik to take McKee's place....sweet!!! :angry:

All Golisano has done is set a budget for Darcy to spend. Whether or not you want to call him cheap on this is up to you. The organization has said it will be increasing the budget (probably not by much) for next season most likely due to the spike in season ticket sales.

As far as Darcy's decision making, I'll trust him. He made very good choices about last years team that were all budget-friendly. If that's his strategy again this year, then that's great. It's proven successful because he knows what he's doing and he can obviously judge talent.

With what's available this year, McKee, Grier, and Biron should all be easily replacable at a much lower rate than they are set to recieve. If we retain most of the nucleus we have that is restricted, then we should be in great shape.

I don't buy into this doom and gloom when we're such a young team coming off a great season. Don't blame management when they are the ones that put a winner on the ice in the first place.

As far as Darcy's decision making, I'll trust him. He made very good choices about last years team that were all budget-friendly. If that's his strategy again this year, then that's great. It's proven successful because he knows what he's doing and he can obviously judge talent.

How is it proven after one year of success????

It will take more then one great year (where there were alot of variables that went into the season as to what kind of teams would be successful) to make it a proven plan and make Darcy a great judge of talent

One year of success???

We've been to 3 Conference Finals in 8 seasons under Darcy!!!

A career record of 305-249-78-24 (W-L-T-OL).

To me, that is a proven record. If you still differ, what alternatives are there???

Even with the 3 years out of the playoffs, only 02-03 was absolutely horrible. The other two years we were still in the playoff hunt near the end. At the same time we had the bankrupcy issues going on, and that's not a great situation for any franchise to try and win in.

Even with the 3 years out of the playoffs, only 02-03 was absolutely horrible. The other two years we were still in the playoff hunt near the end. At the same time we had the bankrupcy issues going on, and that's not a great situation for any franchise to try and win in.

Bottom line..Darcy was the GM for a team that missed that playoffs 3 years in a row. It doesn't matter if you missed by 1 point or 50, you missed the playoffs. Did Regier do a nice job last year...abosolutely. How will that transition to 06-07...we will see.

One year of success???

We've been to 3 Conference Finals in 8 seasons under Darcy!!!

A career record of 305-249-78-24 (W-L-T-OL).

To me, that is a proven record. If you still differ, what alternatives are there???

Stanley Cup's = 0

:angry:

Wow, people certainly do have a short memory. I remember last preseason when there was all gloom and doom about how the Sabre's didn't make any real moves and were going to suck. I think they did all right. Give them a chance before jumping off the bandwagon...

Wow, people certainly do have a short memory. I remember last preseason when there was all gloom and doom about how the Sabre's didn't make any real moves and were going to suck. I think they did all right. Give them a chance before jumping off the bandwagon...

I'm not jumping off the bandwagon. I will buy the hockey package and will watch many Sabres games this year....I will be the same passionate fan I have always been.

Because we express major disappointment in the way Golisano is going about things means we are off the bandwagon? I will never understand how people come to that conclusion....if I was going to get off the bandwagon, I would nopt post about this at all, because I would not care....but I do care

All I'm saying is have a little faith in the powers that be. I think Goathead had it right when he said we've been to three conference finals in 8 years. That's not too bad a track record. I guess I'm just not going to get too down on them if we let a couple of guys go in FA and get cheaper replacements. Don't break the bank on a couple of guys. Now don't get me wrong, I'd love to have McKee back, but not at 3 1/2-4 million.

Plain and $imple.

One game from making it to the cup finals and you are already dumping on management? I would love to see McKee stay but the guy isn't even our best defenseman. I think if there is one thing Sabres fans should have learned by now is this team has 18 PLAYERS on the ice every game. They don't reply on one or two players to carry the team.

It's really quite simple. There are a select few guys you need to pay a premium for. Danny Briere comes to mind. As much as I like Jay, he just isn't the type of guy you make an exception for and maybe pay more than he is worth. If Jay moves on to greener pastures then I wish him all the best.

It will take more then one great year (where there were alot of variables that went into the season as to what kind of teams would be successful) to make it a proven plan and make Darcy a great judge of talent

:lol: :lol: maybe you should check darcy's trade record before you post again.

:lol: :lol: maybe you should check darcy's trade record before you post again.

Sure he has made some great trades in the past, but has also made some real bad ones too. Its not like every time the guy makes a deal its golden.

And its because I am still on the bandwagon that I am complaining right now. I don't want to see this team be a one hit wonder, almost making it to the cup and then screwing it up the next year and fighting for the playoffs in the next. I don't want to see them be the Florida Marlins of Hockey where they make a run for the finals and then dump salary the next couple years.

I hope that I am completly wrong and buffalo is stronger then ever next year but so far they are not proving they anything to me. I can't see how a team can stay competitive when every year they are going to be dumping players who do well and are looking for a raise

I'm reserving judgement until the final lineup is set and we start playing.

The Sabres organization has to be careful with their offers. When you make a deal with a player, you have to take into consideration how this will affect the team as a whole. In my opinion, McKee isn't our best defenseman, but if you pay him like he is, then you have the other defensemen on the team who will feel betrayed and demand more money as well.

I don't envy DR. He basically has a tough balancing act on his hands this offseason. The goal is to maintain the core of the team without angering half of the players and spending too much. Then you have the business end of things. Not many people know, or even remember how much money Golisano lost initially when he took over the team. He basically ate the debt the Rigas family incurred. I don't blame the guy for trying to make this organization a mean-lean fighting machine while trying to recoup some of his expenses. Any one with a brain would try to make some of their investment back.

The bottom line is, the guy is a businessman. He started with nothing and ended up with a billon dollar company. I feel pretty comfortable with the team in this guy's hands.

Because we express major disappointment in the way Golisano is going about things means we are off the bandwagon? I will never understand how people come to that conclusion....

because there is a MAJOR difference between pissing and moaning and pissing and moaning with a purpose.

Nobody complains more than PASabreFan, but he does so with thought and purpose. However, we seem to have a few people here who just want to say the word "suck" and "cheap" for the hell of it, w/o purpose, w/o thought, w/o any reason to back it up, nor motivation other than to take a crap on the nearest Sabres employee..

because there is a MAJOR difference between pissing and moaning and pissing and moaning with a purpose.

Nobody complains more than PASabreFan, but he does so with thought and purpose. However, we seem to have a few people here who just want to say the word "suck" and "cheap" for the hell of it, w/o purpose, w/o thought, w/o any reason to back it up, nor motivation other than to take a crap on the nearest Sabres employee..

Well atleast its better then the Bills boards

Atleast facts are being used to make an arguement from both sides instead of just the Bills suck cause we didn't sign this person, Marv/Ralph are too old, we have sucked for over 5 years now, Jauron doesn't have a career winning record, or because we didn't draft only linemen this year in the draft.

I have been one of the few posters fighting along PA's side in this Jay McKee/Team being too cheap debate and i must say, you won't find debates like this over on the Bills board and I don't think either of us are off the Sabres Bandwagon, or are even sitting on the sides of it, we are both just displeased with the direction this team is heading and don't want to stand back and just let them dismantle a ECF team and believe all will be well cause they did good last year.

Well atleast its better then the Bills boards

Atleast facts are being used to make an arguement from both sides instead of just the Bills suck cause we didn't sign this person, Marv/Ralph are too old, we have sucked for over 5 years now, Jauron doesn't have a career winning record, or because we didn't draft only linemen this year in the draft.

I have been one of the few posters fighting along PA's side in this Jay McKee/Team being too cheap debate and i must say, you won't find debates like this over on the Bills board and I don't think either of us are off the Sabres Bandwagon, or are even sitting on the sides of it, we are both just displeased with the direction this team is heading and don't want to stand back and just let them dismantle a ECF team and believe all will be well cause they did good last year.

:lol: The direction the team is heading? Shouldn't we wait to see how free agency pans out before we start saying things like that.

Archived