Just To Make Myself Clear - I Hate This New Logo!

CallawaySabres

For the Millionth time,

SABRES FANS, FACE IT,

1. THEY ARE NOT USING THE CELCIUS DESIGNS, the guy who created them screwed himself (and all you fans that loved them) by being a big mouth and bragging about his buisness meeting with Quinn

2. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO GO BACK TO THE OLD JERSEYS

3. THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT BUT NOT BUY IT AND LIVE WITH IT FOR 5 YEARS UNTIL THE CAN CHANGE THEM AGAIN

For the Millionth time,

SABRES FANS, FACE IT,

1. THEY ARE NOT USING THE CELCIUS DESIGNS, the guy who created them screwed himself (and all you fans that loved them) by being a big mouth and bragging about his buisness meeting with Quinn

2. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO GO BACK TO THE OLD JERSEYS

3. THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT BUT NOT BUY IT AND LIVE WITH IT FOR 5 YEARS UNTIL THE CAN CHANGE THEM AGAIN

SABRES FANS, FACE IT

1. WE GAVE UP SATAN - WHO WILL SCORE FOR US IN 2006?

2. WE HAVE ONE OF THE LOWEST PAYROLLS IN THE LEAGUE IN 2006

3. THE FRONT OFFICE HAS SIGNED NOBODY!

4. LINDY RUFF WILL BE FIRED BY JANUARY

hahaha!

You need faith dude. Has the establishment beat you down that much? Do you really think you can't make a difference?

SABRES FANS, FACE IT

1. WE GAVE UP SATAN - WHO WILL SCORE FOR US IN 2006?

2. WE HAVE ONE OF THE LOWEST PAYROLLS IN THE LEAGUE IN 2006

3. THE FRONT OFFICE HAS SIGNED NOBODY!

4. LINDY RUFF WILL BE FIRED BY JANUARY

hahaha!

What does this have to do with new uniforms? Who didn't doubt the team before last season? In the old NHL they would have all been right, Now that we have seen what Bettmans "Dream" of the New NHL was and that it worked in Buffalos favor we can all look back and say it worked well

You need faith dude. Has the establishment beat you down that much? Do you really think you can't make a difference?

Keep signing your petitions, and maybe have a protest, or a sit in out infront of the arena to protest the "Heinous new Designs" that haven't even been unveiled yet. Do I think that Bitching and Complaining on an internet Message board about a teams uniform (that has only been a rumored design and is not official yet) not being the way I wanted to see it like the world is going to come to an end is going to make a difference? NO

What does this have to do with new uniforms? Who didn't doubt the team before last season? In the old NHL they would have all been right, Now that we have seen what Bettmans "Dream" of the New NHL was and that it worked in Buffalos favor we can all look back and say it worked well

My point is that ANYTHING is possible.

WTF is a sherpa? It's a stupid word that doesn't really fit what you're talking about. Can't you just be a guru? That way, I'd know WTF!

Sherpa

One entry found for Sherpa.

Main Entry: Sher?pa

Pronunciation: 'sher-p&, 'sh&r-

Function: noun

: a member of a Tibetan people living on the high southern slopes of the Himalayas in eastern Nepal who provide support for foreign trekkers and mountain climbers

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/sherpa

WTF is a sherpa? It's a stupid word that doesn't really fit what you're talking about. Can't you just be a guru? That way, I'd know WTF!

Sherpa

: a member of a Tibetan people living on the high southern slopes of the Himalayas in eastern Nepal who provide support for foreign trekkers and mountain climbers

Sherpas are not wisdom figures. They are guys that haul your #%^$#! around for a per diem.

as in, "Hey look, the Sherpa brought us our yaks milk cheese and some Molson, tip the dude."

Sherpa

You must be new to the board...

The hockey sherpa knows all. He leads to unknowing with his wisdom of hockey. He shows others the way.

You can bow now DC and repent for your sins and lashing out at the Sherpa

I shall not repent. I accept nobody as my sherpa. I know hockey. I've played the game for 30 years. I've officiated the game for 10 years. I have watched my beloved Sabres and the entire NHL since the Sabres came into the league. I bow to no one!

I respect your knowledge, Mr. Sherpa, but I shall not bow down to you or anyone else.

Oh yeah, Go Sabres!

Why is everyone blaming Quinn for this???

Maybe if that moron who came up with the ones everyone liked didn't have to go brag to everyone that he was in negotiations to use his designs, the Sabres would have used those ones. Its kind of hard for Buffalo to use the circle/crossed sabres/Buffalo with legs logo or a variation of it without that guy being able to file a lawsuit in the sue happy USA and blame the Sabres for stealing his designs even if they are not the same.

You can all rght emails to Quinn and TG, they could go like this

"Dear Sir,

The posters at the Sabresrport.com hate the new uniforms and logo's, they are ugly and look like a skunk, or ferret. Since we don't like them, no Sabres fans do like them and the rest of the league is going to make us the laughing stock of the league because of these uniforms.

Go back to the original uniforms because that is what we like. Then you can go back to playing games in the Aud and we can get mogilny, and Lafontaine to come back, maybe even find a way to bring Perault back. This is the only way we can win the cup so it is something that has to be done for this city.

Thank you for your time, I will be expecting to be able to buy my new old logo Blue and Gold Jersey by training camp and will expect a letter of apology for not originally going this route and scaring all of us Sabres fans into believing you would use this logo.

Regards,

Sabres Fan"

There you go, I did all the work for you guys, I give you all permission to just cut and paste this letter and forward it straight to the Sabres, you will see them wearing the old jerseys in no time!

Maybe if that moron who came up with the ones everyone liked didn't have to go brag to everyone that he was in negotiations to use his designs, the Sabres would have used those ones. Its kind of hard for Buffalo to use the circle/crossed sabres/Buffalo with legs logo or a variation of it without that guy being able to file a lawsuit in the sue happy USA and blame the Sabres for stealing his designs even if they are not the same.

"Dear Sir,

The posters at the Sabresrport.com hate the new uniforms and logo's, they are ugly and look like a skunk, or ferret. Since we don't like them, no Sabres fans do like them and the rest of the league is going to make us the laughing stock of the league because of these uniforms.

Go back to the original uniforms because that is what we like. Then you can go back to playing games in the Aud and we can get mogilny, and Lafontaine to come back, maybe even find a way to bring Perault back. This is the only way we can win the cup so it is something that has to be done for this city.

Thank you for your time, I will be expecting to be able to buy my new old logo Blue and Gold Jersey by training camp and will expect a letter of apology for not originally going this route and scaring all of us Sabres fans into believing you would use this logo.

Regards,

Sabres Fan"

There you go, I did all the work for you guys, I give you all permission to just cut and paste this letter and forward it straight to the Sabres, you will see them wearing the old jerseys in no time!

That made me actually laugh

Thank you

I was having a bad day, but now it should be better

haha :lol:

It's not bragging if you can back it up. Why didn't the Sabres at least try working with this guy and his designs? Why build a crap flash heavy un user friendly website? Because you are the Buffalo Sabres and you can!

What a shame they seem to be out of touch with the fans and what they want. Especailly after a great season and Buffalo Sabres hockey riding a wave of excitement.

"Dear Sir,

Regards,

Sabres Fan"

Is that sarcasm or alcohol-fueled rage?

Regardless of what other people did, larry quinn makes the decisions therefore he will deserve the blame if this flying mullett becomes our new logo...

They are blaming Quinn because as the "managing partner", he is the one in charge.

The Sabres have had many charging buffalo / crossed sword logo concepts through the years. I know that they had a few variations on that theme back in '94 when they were considering new logos / unis the 1st time they changed. Had they taken one of those and run with it, or modified it, it would have been very difficult for the Celsius Design guy to win a lawsuit, as they were there at least 8 years prior to the Celsius Design logos. Heck, if they used Inky's avatar, I don't see how the Celsius Design guy could win a lawsuit, and I have yet to hear 1 fan say they don't like that logo.

As for him having the idea for a charging buffalo / crossed swords 1st, uh, I must be missing something here. His design was a knock off of the original Sabres property, not the other way around.

The major raps on Quinn are that he is arrogant (he has demonstrated that many times) and he can be kind of vindictive (more of a subjective claim, but I have heard it on more than one occassion). Taking a totally different run on the logo from what was there before, is in keeping with those assessments; as it was Doug Moss' girlfriend that was the driving force behind the Shatanic Goathead, the red and black color scheme, and the awful purplish jackets the ushers had to wear when the Mmarena 1st opened. Dougie got to do what he wanted, public opinion be d*mned, well so can Larry. And that is why Larry is getting blamed (properly or improperly) for this apparent debacle.

They are blaming Quinn because as the "managing partner", he is the one in charge.

The Sabres have had many charging buffalo / crossed sword logo concepts through the years. I know that they had a few variations on that theme back in '94 when they were considering new logos / unis the 1st time they changed. Had they taken one of those and run with it, or modified it, it would have been very difficult for the Celsius Design guy to win a lawsuit, as they were there at least 8 years prior to the Celsius Design logos. Heck, if they used Inky's avatar, I don't see how the Celsius Design guy could win a lawsuit, and I have yet to hear 1 fan say they don't like that logo.

As for him having the idea for a charging buffalo / crossed swords 1st, uh, I must be missing something here. His design was a knock off of the original Sabres property, not the other way around.

The major raps on Quinn are that he is arrogant (he has demonstrated that many times) and he can be kind of vindictive (more of a subjective claim, but I have heard it on more than one occassion). Taking a totally different run on the logo from what was there before, is in keeping with those assessments; as it was Doug Moss' girlfriend that was the driving force behind the Shatanic Goathead, the red and black color scheme, and the awful purplish jackets the ushers had to wear when the Mmarena 1st opened. Dougie got to do what he wanted, public opinion be d*mned, well so can Larry. And that is why Larry is getting blamed (properly or improperly) for this apparent debacle.

Exactly right! Quinn needs to go back and do what he is qualified for...construction/project management.

PS I was not aware that Doug's girlfriend was behind the goathead. :o

PS I was not aware that Doug's girlfriend was behind the goathead. :o

Yep, blame it on Jennifer Smith.

Apparently on the day that she and Dougie got the axe, you could hear "ding, , the witch is dead" echoing throughout the front offices.

Is that sarcasm or alcohol-fueled rage?

Regardless of what other people did, larry quinn makes the decisions therefore he will deserve the blame if this flying mullett becomes our new logo...

Dear god, I wish that it was alcohol fueled rage, but I haven't started any holiday drinking yet so it was sarcastic.

My point about blaming Quinn was that everyone keeps saying we should use the Celsius designs cause they are so much better (and I agree they are) but it was not Quinn that screwed that up, it was the guy who after designing them, went into what I assume was a closed door meeting (since at the time no one knew Buffalo was looking into changing their uniforms) with Quinn, and afterwards went onto the internet to tell everyone he met with the team about using his designs to change the uniforms. This obviously pissed off the Sabres front office because they probably did not want to announce that they had plans to change yet and he is telling everyone.

Personnaly I could care less what uniform they were weither its the old blue and gold, black and red shatanic goat head, the new bills uniforms, it doesn't matter as long as the team is winning.

Archived