Congratulations Carolina

bob_sauve28

You guys were good, and lucky, too. But what do they say about that? Being lucky is better than being good.

:D

Seriously, they are a good team and deserve it as much as anyone. :ph34r:

Hate to admit it but its true

I have to agree. They won games coming from behind, they played great defense, and had a great power play. Sounds a lot like our Sabres.

Here's a great picture that takes some of the sting away - at least a kid from Buffalo will have his name on the Cup: Kevyn Adams

You guys were good, and lucky, too. But what do they say about that? Being lucky is better than being good.

:D

Seriously, they are a good team and deserve it as much as anyone. :ph34r:

Hate to admit it but its true

can i use this chance to start another brinda'mour sucks thread? he blew off the commissioner before he finished his presentation, and i also think he should have rallied the rest of the assjacks on his team to the handshake a lot sooner than he did since Edmonton was waiting patiently..... he sucks, but i guess i might be nitpicking <_<

i'm not bitter about raleigh getting a Cup before us....

awesome series though, that much can be said. hopefully, even if only a couple thousand, new fans tuned in last night to watch the great sport of hockey.

Brind'Amour was probably just overjoyed and couldn't think straight. <_<

Actually I am kind of surprised that he didn't call out someone from the Oilers before the handshake - I expected him to chirp about Torres throwing the body all over the place or anyone from the Oilers "targeting" Coles' injured neck.

Congrats to the Canes - you survived everything the hockey gods threw at you: a boatload of injuires throughout the playoffs (no wait, that was each of your opponents); a dominating, top-seeded opponent from the Western Conference (oops, guess they were an 8 seed, huh); a mean, nasty coach who almost ruined the whole thing when he called you bad names in the ECF; and controversial goals against at horrible times in the series (I think non-calls were a factor for both teams.) (Sorry - I am going to try to make that my last "sour grapes" rant - but no promises...)

Seriously though - congrats to Cam Ward, Kevyn Adams and some of the other Canes players - good for them. I really figured Brind'Amour and Stillman would be in a dead heat for the Conn Smythe, but since they both disappeared (more or less) over the last few games, Ward was able to "steal" the MVP honors.

FWIW -- Brind'Amour's series - Game 1 - 2G, 0 A, 2 PTS; +2; Games 2-7: 1G, 0 A, 1 PT, -1. Not that it makes me happy to see him not contributing - well, not TOO happy...

can i use this chance to start another brinda'mour sucks thread? he blew off the commissioner before he finished his presentation, and i also think he should have rallied the rest of the assjacks on his team to the handshake a lot sooner than he did since Edmonton was waiting patiently..... he sucks, but i guess i might be nitpicking <_<

No worries brother. Rod has a penis for a nose and is futugly. You can't win them pretty.

Good for Adams....

At least one of our own got to hoist the Cup...

All the rest of the Canes can eat it...

Dude if we would have won the cup, MY stanley cup would have been HURLED onto the ice!

congrats to the canes... I don't like bandwagon fans, and i don't like the fact that the team beat our team only after half of them were injured, but you have to be lucky to be good. Seeing brind'amour's actions during the presentation, seeing that coach witht he cup, seeing it skated on Buffalo Away ice really burns me up. I'm sure it burns the sabres way more. Look for this to be some major motivation for next year. I'm hoping we meet the canes again in the playoffs next year.

Corp, bandwagon fans are everywhere. Even in Buffalo. Attendance wasn't that great until we started winning. And look how this board came alive in the playoffs.

Yes, I think there's a good chance we'll see Carolina stay on top for awhile. Staal looks scary good, and so does Cam Ward. Given their age, they would figure to turn over more of their roster than we would, though.

Corp, bandwagon fans are everywhere. Even in Buffalo. Attendance wasn't that great until we started winning. And look how this board came alive in the playoffs.

Attendance in Raleigh wasn't bad either, especially after all the Buffalo fans drove down and help sell out the place... B-)

I am bitter, but I think I'm justified to say that the Hurricanes did not beat a healthy team in the SCP.

Does anyone honestly believe that the Canes still win if Roloson didn't go out of Game 1 with a freak injury? I don't think it would have gotten past 5 games. The Oilers were up 4-0?

Corp, bandwagon fans are everywhere. Even in Buffalo.

Of course the are bandwagoners everywhere, but unless you live here you have no idea how out of control it was. I have asked five co-workers who gave me crap this morning when hockey season starts again. Not one got it right.

I am bitter, but I think I'm justified to say that the Hurricanes did not beat a healthy team in the SCP.

Does anyone honestly believe that the Canes still win if Roloson didn't go out of Game 1 with a freak injury? I don't think it would have gotten past 5 games. The Oilers were up 4-0?

Do you honestly believe they would have gotten past Montreal if Koivu didn't get hurt? or Buffalo if they didn't lose another defencemen?

Congratulation Carolina (a team riddled with one injury all playoffs), you took an AHL defence to 7 games (and almost lost) in the ECF and took an Eight Seeded Western Conference team that lost its top goaltender to 7 games in the SCF. Definitly something to brag about :rolleyes: Hopefully that Horseshoe up your @sses doesn't hurt when you decided to take it out

To be fair it was tied at 4 when Roloson was injured. Still the winning goal the Canes got in game one never happens with Roloson in net.

I have to agree. They won games coming from behind, they played great defense, and had a great power play. Sounds a lot like our Sabres.

Here's a great picture that takes some of the sting away - at least a kid from Buffalo will have his name on the Cup: Kevyn Adams

That is a nice pic. I hope those guys all go and shave today!

Archived