NBC Sucks

scottnc

i'm watching laviolette receive the cup via a bad angle raleigh nbc affiliate tv camera.

I'm in Charlotte and they cut to the local news at 11:10, before they were even done passing the cup around. I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment watching the Canes hoist the cup but it's just the spectacle I'd like to see... You'd think being just down the highway from Raleigh they want to show it to their Charlotte fans too.

I'm in Charlotte and they cut to the local news at 11:10, before they were even done passing the cup around. I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment watching the Canes hoist the cup but it's just the spectacle I'd like to see... You'd think being just down the highway from Raleigh they want to show it to their Charlotte fans too.

And how funny they cut to a bar with my buddy (Charlotte Checkers coach Derek WIlkerson) talking hockey at a local bar. Three other hockey fans in the Fort Mill Tavern? C'mon!

Yeah NBC does suck.

i didn't know because i turned it off right after weight almost collapsed under it.

I did notice his right arm wasn't quite 100%. My question is what was he doing in uniform? Was he hanging out in the locker room waiting to come out on the ice?

I did notice his right arm wasn't quite 100%. My question is what was he doing in uniform? Was he hanging out in the locker room waiting to come out on the ice?

You guys really like to torture yourselves huh? My TV went off right after the empty netter. I did not want to see any of them touch the Cup.

Ah, yes, it feels good.

I think the whole Cup presentation needs some work. First off, for the love of God, clear out some of those people on the ice. It would be very cool to have a sheet of ice, the winning team, the commissioner and the Cup. Period. I'm not even crazy about the idea of having wives and kids out there. Give them some room to really skate the thing around. It would be so dramatic. When they're done, unleash the families and the media hordes.

I do like the idea of designating one fan through a lottery system to skate the Cup.

You guys really like to torture yourselves huh? My TV went off right after the empty netter. I did not want to see any of them touch the Cup.

So did mine. I am not bitter about getting knocked out, but I still can't bear the thought or the image of the Canes and the Cup, nonetheless.

It's bitter sweet. Every year I look forward to seeing the Cup hoisted (by the Sabres of course). The Cup celebration is like no other. Cup arrives in a limo; Get's a personal introduction. If Stanley could speak it would've given a speech.

Granted, I can't stand Carolina, Brind'Amour, or Laviolette, but watching the Cup celebration reminds you of the last 9 months of hockey. What a great season.

It also reminds you of what it's going to feel like to see Briere and Drury lift that Cup above their heads!

I liked it when they would take laps around the rink with the Cup. Guess they didn't do that last night as far as I could see. I used to remember that the horde was kept off the ice for a while in the past.

Also, for me, the end of the celebration on the ice is usually the team photo....which they cut off on NBC. Oh well...

It was a great season.

Hopefully it is the last time I hear John Davidson too.

Doc is good, but good riddance to Davidson - who is going to work for the

Blues.

Absolutely. JD is terrible. Good riddance to that blabber mouth. Talks so much during the play I don't even know who has the puck. How can Ranger fans love that guy so much? He sucks!!

And man, did that post party completely blow on NBC. None of the Cup traditions upheld. Bunch of #%^$#!in' idiots!!

I think the whole Cup presentation needs some work. First off, for the love of God, clear out some of those people on the ice. It would be very cool to have a sheet of ice, the winning team, the commissioner and the Cup. Period. I'm not even crazy about the idea of having wives and kids out there. Give them some room to really skate the thing around. It would be so dramatic. When they're done, unleash the families and the media hordes.

Sorry PA...I didn't see this post prior to starting a thread on this subject. It's safe to say we agree on this. ;)

Archived