Who is going to the Draft Party?

elcrusho

The REAL question is: do they roll out the new uni's then?

I had read in one of those UniWatch articles on espn.com earlier this year that the NHL won't be moving to the new style jerseys until the 07-08 season. If that is indeed the case, there is no reason to switch to the new/old colors this year.

I had read in one of those UniWatch articles on espn.com earlier this year that the NHL won't be moving to the new style jerseys until the 07-08 season. If that is indeed the case, there is no reason to switch to the new/old colors this year.

There is a reason to switch next season, it's better marketing.

Everyone will want Blue & Gold stuff next year. (I know I'm planning on getting a sweater in the proper colors.)

If the sweater style doesn't become downright hideous in the following season, there will be a lot of people who will then go out and buy another sweater. Which equals more $'s in Tom's bank account, which theoretically means more $'s available for on-ice assets.

As it is now, I know of several people that held off on buying merchandise because they are waiting for B&G. If the team waits an additional year to make the transition, they will probably have more lost merchandise sales.

The Sabres came out for warmups in the old blue and gold unis on the last day of the 2002-03 season. My memory is failing me as to whether they played the game in them. Nonetheless, fans in the arena that day were led to believe the team would switch back to blue and gold in the fall of 2003. It's three years later, and there have been almost constant rumors about a uniform change since then. How much longer can they string people along?

The Sabres came out for warmups in the old blue and gold unis on the last day of the 2002-03 season. My memory is failing me as to whether they played the game in them. Nonetheless, fans in the arena that day were led to believe the team would switch back to blue and gold in the fall of 2003. It's three years later, and there have been almost constant rumors about a uniform change since then. How much longer can they string people along?

I actually thought they came out in warm ups in the goat and surprised everyone by playing in them. Gawd I'm old! I've not heard one confirmed announcement of the color change. I've heard mention, lots of rumors, and lots and lots of message board threads but nothing confirming it was going to be done at all. Does anyone even have a factual article stating there will be new uniforms in blue and gold or has the hype just taken over?

There is a reason to switch next season, it's better marketing.

Everyone will want Blue & Gold stuff next year. (I know I'm planning on getting a sweater in the proper colors.)

If the sweater style doesn't become downright hideous in the following season, there will be a lot of people who will then go out and buy another sweater. Which equals more $'s in Tom's bank account, which theoretically means more $'s available for on-ice assets.

As it is now, I know of several people that held off on buying merchandise because they are waiting for B&G. If the team waits an additional year to make the transition, they will probably have more lost merchandise sales.

I think it would piss off a ton of people to have one style for a year and then have a new one the next.

Also, the exact opposite of what you mentioned is a strong possibility. If the new style sucks, fans won't buy them. You'd have the one year boom in sales and then a complete crash. They'll sell more of the new style jerseys in blue and gold if the old style never existed.

Then there's the question of how many of these jerseys to you make and distribute knowing that there will be a new style the following year. It seems like too big of a hassle to me.

I actually thought they came out in warm ups in the goat and surprised everyone by playing in them. Gawd I'm old! I've not heard one confirmed announcement of the color change. I've heard mention, lots of rumors, and lots and lots of message board threads but nothing confirming it was going to be done at all. Does anyone even have a factual article stating there will be new uniforms in blue and gold or has the hype just taken over?

This is correct. They did their warmups in black and red and came out for the game in the old white home jerseys (they kept the rest of the new style stuff on though- gloves, pants, etc). I remember hearing at the time that the players didn't know about it until they got back into the dressing room after warmups.

I was at that game, and I sat front row right across from the dressing room entrance. I can still remember watching them come out for the game in the old jerseys. The crowd went nuts, at least I know I did!

I am getting a whole bunch of people to go and...

I AM BRINGING THE CUP

We are going to get sauced up and be loud and crazy when we walk in the doors lol

You're going to be assured more airtime on the 11PM news that evening. You going to have the face painted too?

Archived