Hello from Deutschland!

PTS

Picture winning Game 7 of a playoff series at home. Picture the HSBC Arena Pavilion as you walk out of the arena. That's the World Cup 24/7 in Germany. There are soooooo many people here and everyone's constantly singing. A pretty strong US turnout. I'll report tomorrow after the game.

P.S. The beer is pretty damn good too!

Picture winning Game 7 of a playoff series at home. Picture the HSBC Arena Pavilion as you walk out of the arena. That's the World Cup 24/7 in Germany. There are soooooo many people here and everyone's constantly singing. A pretty strong US turnout. I'll report tomorrow after the game.

Wie ghet es Ihnen Herr PTS. Wie ist das Wetter heute?

Nice. I'm trying to figure out when to take my lunch hour tomorrow so that I can run home and watch some of the game. I don't know. First or second half? I have enough time for either, but not both. :lol:

I love the World Cup as one of the greatest spectacles in sports. I remember in '94 we went to Soldier Field before Germany vs. Holland, and it was unlike anything I'd ever seen. It kind of makes me wish I liked soccer more for the other intervening 47 months.

I still wish they'd ease up on offsides to increase the scoring, though. They need a blue line 40m out or something. :lol:

Please tell me you don't mean the swill they are serving at the stadiums! :P

Spater.

Awesome. Wish I was wit (spelled right) you all.

The beer is pretty good??

Come on now. American beer is very weak compared to brews from elsewhere. Heck our Canadian beer makes most US beers look silly. :D

I do like the Miller GD on occasion though!

Have a great time at the World Cup. Say hi to my boys from England for me will ya.

CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP ENGLAND!!!!!

Oh, PTS, I hope you found some of those great German beers in the stadium, and found them often. I think that is the best way to cope with that horrible loss to the Czech Republic. It's 3-0 now with about 5 to play. Ick.

And, how did the Czechs get Zdeno Chara to play attacker? I thought he was Slovak?!? :lol:

Ewww what a horrible game. The US fans showed up but unfortunately their team never did.

Dude, that team owes you your money back after that gutless uninspired effort. Well, hopefully, the food, drink, and partying fans made up for it.

Usually, being the over-looked, forgotten younger brother to the USA in the eyes of the world, we Canadians cheer against the USA any chance we get.

With your soccer team, I for one was cheering for the USA. I thought they played a terrific offensive game in the last World Cup and were very exciting to watch. They played like underdogs and junk-yard dogs all at once. Sometimes, I even feel bad for the poor American team because they are so hated by so much of the rest of the world.

But after watching that effort against the Czech Republic.....yucch. They did not play like a team at all. I didn't see any of that American blood and guts or grit out there. There are 300 million people down there, couldn't they find any better players than that? It was a very uninspired effort.

I apologize to all you black folks out there, but those two on the right side were u-s-e-l-e-s-s, useless!!! There are a lot of terrific black athletes out there, that's plain to see, but those guys are not two of them. Just because he's black it doesn't automatically mean he's faster, a better jumper or stronger than the next guy. But over-all, it wasn't their fault they lost....the only way the Americans were united as a team in that game was that they could all be equally blamed for lack of emotion and intensity.

Ewww what a horrible game. The US fans showed up but unfortunately their team never did.

ANy pics of US fans? I have yet to see any..... i know alot went, i had 2 buddies go, but i havn't seen pics, i've seen pics of all the other fans though.

I just saw PTS on the news! He was in the middle of one of those soccer riots! Big ole pair of kick ass black boots on, just laying them into the belly of this guy laid out on the street! He was royally pissed! I can't believe this is our PTS! Then he held up a sign, and I realized why he is so outraged. It read, "NO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL."

Sorry, that was bad.

Archived