More Brinda'mour

mrjsbu96

Reality check. He's the Conn Smythe winner, whether the Canes win the Cup or not, and if he was a Sabre, we'd be figuring out the parade route right now.

When his face hits your eye, looks like a big pizza pie, that's Brind'AmourA.

Reality check. He's the Conn Smythe winner, whether the Canes win the Cup or not, and if he was a Sabre, we'd be figuring out the parade route right now.

When his face hits your eye, looks like a big pizza pie, that's Brind'AmourA.

What about Cam Ward?

Oh yeah. That guy. Brind'Amour is scoring one huge goal after another, dominating on faceoffs, providing the leadership a team needs to win at this time of year. It's gotta be close between him and Ward. Now, what if the Oilers win?

Oh yeah. That guy. Brind'Amour is scoring one huge goal after another, dominating on faceoffs, providing the leadership a team needs to win at this time of year. It's gotta be close between him and Ward. Now, what if the Oilers win?

Now that would be a tough call. Poor Roloson.

Since he is doing all that, and is probably the Conn Smythe winner, does that mean we are not allowed to hate him? I respect his skills and his play in the playoffs so far, but I can't stand him, and I am wondering if he is the classy veteran leader some are making him to be (especially after his two post-game "incidents"...)

BTW - you are right about one thing - I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Buffalo sweater, but since he isn't one of our boys, I am going to hate him for the remainder of this playoffs and maybe into next year... :P

Since he is doing all that, and is probably the Conn Smythe winner, does that mean we are not allowed to hate him? I respect his skills and his play in the playoffs so far, but I can't stand him, and I am wondering if he is the classy veteran leader some are making him to be (especially after his two post-game "incidents"...)

BTW - you are right about one thing - I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Buffalo sweater, but since he isn't one of our boys, I am going to hate him for the remainder of this playoffs and maybe into next year... :P

What he said.

As a fan, I've never been into this artificial hate thing against good players on other teams who kill us. It's very phony if you ask me. You need villains to make sports interesting, and there have been a few over the years. I just can't hate Bernie Parent, Brett Hull, Mario Lemieux or Rod the Bod.

I wouldn't want to see Rod in a Sabres uniform. He is certainly a very skilled player, but just not a guy I want to gel on my team. His recent displays just show his true colors. Call it phony...

I guess I haven't been paying close enough attention. What did Rod do besides call out Ruff for being an ass?

EDMONTON, Alberta -- Somewhere, Lindy Ruff had to be laughing.

During the Eastern Conference final, the Sabres coach made several unflattering remarks about the Hurricanes. He called the Canes an "arrogant" team. Ruff also felt the Canes were a bit too whiny.

On Saturday night, after a bitter 2-1 loss to the Oilers in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals, Ruff's words seemed to have a ring of truth.

Captain Rod Brind'Amour -- a top candidate for the Conn Smythe Trophy -- didn't distinguish himself in the agony of defeat. As untold media members waited patiently for a few words from the team captain, Carolina manager of media relations Kyle Hanlin told the hoard that Brind'Amour wouldn't be coming out...

ESPN Article link

Why is it phony? Brett Hull scored the winning goal in OT to win the championship on our ice, then skated around with the Cup on our ice. Why shouldn't I hate him for that? Brind'Amour was a big reason the Sabres aren't facing off in game 4 tonight - why shouldn't I hate him?

I agree hating a player for being a good player - i.e., Crosby, Gaborik, Kovalchuk, Luongo (guys who haven't hurt us in a playoff series) is extreme, but I wouldn't call it "artificial hate" in the case of guys like Brind'Amour, Hull, Kasparitis, Francois Leroux, etc. - guys who have had their hand in extending Sabres fans suffering...

There just has to be a better reason to hate a player than the fact he played a good series against us. Now, Billy Smith, the goon goalie of the Islanders, sure you can hate him. But Cam Ward? All he did was his job.

If you are a Bills fan, do you also hate Troy Aikman and Mark Rypien and Jeff Hostetler and (insert name of other 28 quarterbacks who beat us in Super Bowls)?

So Brind'Amour wouldn't talk to the media. Now they have to gang up on him and get him. He's a jerk. Who cares. Danny Briere is a jerk for criticizing Sabre fans for booing during a playoff game. He wasn't smart enough to realize they weren't booing the team, but the morons in stripes. The point is, if jerks were thrown out of the NHL, it would be pretty tough to ice a team.

So Brind'Amour wouldn't talk to the media. Now they have to gang up on him and get him. He's a jerk. Who cares.

Ummmm not so much the talking to the media part as his attitude. I think Cam Ward is outstanding and I hope he gets wins playoff MVP. Now that Scott Norwood - I hate his guts! :D

Why is it phony? Brett Hull scored the winning goal in OT to win the championship on our ice, then skated around with the Cup on our ice. Why shouldn't I hate him for that? Brind'Amour was a big reason the Sabres aren't facing off in game 4 tonight - why shouldn't I hate him?

I agree hating a player for being a good player - i.e., Crosby, Gaborik, Kovalchuk, Luongo (guys who haven't hurt us in a playoff series) is extreme, but I wouldn't call it "artificial hate" in the case of guys like Brind'Amour, Hull, Kasparitis, Francois Leroux, etc. - guys who have had their hand in extending Sabres fans suffering...

Anyone here know why we should hate Francois Leroux? I do. He elbowed LaFontaine and pretty much ended his career as a Sabre.

Brind'Amour is the Conn Smythe winner hands down. He's put that team on his back (and also got the help of the hockey Gods decimating two teams with injuries).

I'd also cast a vote for Cory Stillman over Ward as well.... That guy just wins cups... He's the epitome of a guy I want on my team who's under the radar but gets #%^$#! done.

Cam Ward is beatable.... he's not the second coming of Martin Brodeur.

There just has to be a better reason to hate a player than the fact he played a good series against us. Now, Billy Smith, the goon goalie of the Islanders, sure you can hate him. But Cam Ward? All he did was his job.

If you are a Bills fan, do you also hate Troy Aikman and Mark Rypien and Jeff Hostetler and (insert name of other 28 quarterbacks who beat us in Super Bowls)?

So Brind'Amour wouldn't talk to the media. Now they have to gang up on him and get him. He's a jerk. Who cares. Danny Briere is a jerk for criticizing Sabre fans for booing during a playoff game. He wasn't smart enough to realize they weren't booing the team, but the morons in stripes. The point is, if jerks were thrown out of the NHL, it would be pretty tough to ice a team.

I have no problem with Cam Ward, b/c I have listened to and read his post-game comments and he seems to be both a rookie in awe of the playoffs and a calm, almost veteran presence in control at the same time. He hasn't really said anything stupid yet, but that being said, if he did make a bulletin-board comment, or didn't want to talk to the media after a loss, I would probably blow it off as a dumb rookie mistake. I certainly wouldn't expect it from a seasoned vet like Brind'Amour.

In the interest of fairness, I will admit I had a strong dislike for Brind'Amour before this series, and that probably stems from his time as a Flyer, a team I really hate. If Carolina does close it out and he gets the Conn Smythe, good for him - he has been an underrated, very good player for a long time. But that still doesn't mean I have to like him one bit.

For the Bills question - yes, I hate Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin, Emmitt Smith, et al from the Cowboys. I didn't get the same feeling of disrepsect/swagger/attitude from Rypien or Hostetler. Nevertheless, I (begrudgingly) respect Smith & Aikman, b/c they were among the best to ever play the game. I'll always hate Irvin, b/c of his attitude, his loud mouth on the field and off (hey ESPN, just cause he yells when he's doing his "analysis" doesn't mean he's entertaining) and finally, because he went to Duh "U" (I'm a Seminole...) I should also hate Smith (since he was a Gator) but he never got under my skin like Irvin.

For me, getting into the other teams & players can make a long-ass season more bearable - I mean I love the Sabres and wish they played 5 games a week, but what is there to look forward to when they play a late November game at Phoenix? Or roll into LA for a early-January game? Before this playoff series, I was indifferent toward Carolina - now I am really looking forward to all our games against the Canes next year. These little subplots give the fans and players something to look forward to, another reason to watch/listen to the game, another reason to go down to the arena when a crappy team rolls into HSBC.

Besides, Danny Briere is our jerk... ;)

Can you PLEASE give us a list of all the players we can hate and the ones we shouldn't be giving artifical hate too. I don't want to be hating the wrong players :rolleyes:

Hate what ever players you want to hate. I can't stand Brind'Amour, and I don't think he's all that great like you keep telling us he is (and would not want to see him in a Sabres Jersey). I don't like Lemieux, never have, never will. I hate Brett Hull too, and that was from before the "in the crease" disaster. I'm not a fan of Brodeur either. My dislike of players doesn't just include other teams then the Sabres. I dispise Doug Gilmour, and see the only bright spot about edmonton not winning the cup is that Peca still won't have his name on it.

I do think Cam Ward is a great goalie and deserves to be the MVP because he has come up really big in the playoffs and believe he has carried the team on his back.

I have a general dislike for anyone who doesn't play for the Sabres because unless they are wearing a sabres jersey, they are standing between them and the cup and are the enemy. I will dislike the players I want to dislike weither they are a good player or not, It is not gonna change my decision on them. What I won't do is show a player any artificail love just because they put on a sabres jersey. Even when Gilmour was playing in Buffalo, I still didn't like him and wasn't going to change my mind just because.

Brind'Awhore is the biggest whiner I have ever seen. He should play for the Senators. He complains after every whistle, no matter what. I wish someone would just smash him into the boards and shut him up.

With that said, I have the utmost respect for his ability and skill, especially the way he is playing at age 35. Nonetheless his whining and cocky attitude makes him one of my least favorite players. Of course he fits right in on a Carolina team that is filled with whiners, primadonnas, and arrogance.

And yes I am still mad that we lost to them.

It's all so ridiculous. Sorry. Let's turn this around a bit. How stupid would it be for Senators fans to hate Jason Pominville for the rest of his career? And if Jay McKee leaves, how stupid would it be for Sabre fans to boo him every time he touches the puck in HSBC Arena? Jay McKee, our brother, whom we adore! S-t-u-p-i-d. Booing Doug Weight is the only bad thing I can say about the wonderful and amazing fans in Edmonton. I mean, chanting "Let's go Oilers" after the game last night... unbelievable. God bless those fans. If this year's Cup came down to what fans deserved it most, the goblet would be headed to Alberta, hands down.

It's all so ridiculous. Sorry. Let's turn this around a bit. How stupid would it be for Senators fans to hate Jason Pominville for the rest of his career? And if Jay McKee leaves, how stupid would it be for Sabre fans to boo him every time he touches the puck in HSBC Arena? Jay McKee, our brother, whom we adore! S-t-u-p-i-d. Booing Doug Weight is the only bad thing I can say about the wonderful and amazing fans in Edmonton. I mean, chanting "Let's go Oilers" after the game last night... unbelievable. God bless those fans. If this year's Cup came down to what fans deserved it most, the goblet would be headed to Alberta, hands down.

How about when they sang the Canadian National Anthem? I had goosebumps.

I don't think it is ridiculous at all. Brinda'more wears the 'C' and sets the temprament for the team.

How many times this series have you seen a Carolina player go to the box without whining?

I just hate to see it, and I think it starts with the captain.

I prefer Chris Drury's approach to leadership.

But I am biased. I am a fan, not a journalist. :)

Archived